chap 19

Broken and Mended

 

----Inton, one of the meeting rooms----

All the secret service agents gathered in the meeting room. Excited whispers and giggling were heard as everyone was looking forward to the new agents.

Footsteps could be heard echoing in the corridor and everyone in the room stopped their whispering and stood attention. A man in his late forties wearing an expensive grey suit walked into the room.

“Good morning, agents. Today, I’m delighted to introduce two new agents to our family. Please give them a round of applause.” Mr Min, the chief smiled while clapping his hands.

Everyone turned their heads from Mr Min to the door when two slender figures walked nervously into the room. Gasps and whispers once again filled the room.

“Omo… the shorter one is cute! The taller one is gorgeous as well!” Yuri suddenly whispered excitedly to the gang and everyone nodded their heads in agreement except Jessica who suddenly elbowed Yuri in the ribs hard.

“Shut up!” Jessica whispered angrily and rolled her eyes at Yuri who was rubbing her ribs and giving Jessica a puzzled look.

“Alright, quiet down, agents. I know you’re all excited.” Mr Min then turned his head to the two new girls. “Please give a brief introduction about yourself.”

Everyone immediately shut their mouths when the taller new girl stepped forward. She made a 90 degrees bow before speaking.

“Hello. My name is Im Yoona. I’m 20 years old. I graduated from the Korean Police Academy. I have a black belt in Taekwondo and my favourite hobbies are eating and cooking. Please take good care of me.” Yoona smiled sweetly at all her seniors before bowing again.

Upon hearing the word ‘eating’, Sooyoung immediately perked her head up.

“Wooot! I like this girl already!” Sooyoung whispered excitedly with a stupid grin on her face.

Those who heard Sooyoung, couldn’t help but giggled hard at her comments. Sooyoung had a reputation of having a bottomless stomach around the agents.

Everyone shut their mouths once again when the shorter new girl stepped forward nervously.

“Hi everyone. My name is Tiffany Hwang. I’m 20 years old. I graduated from the Korean Police Academy back in the US. I just came back to Korea 6 months ago so my Korean might not be very good yet but I’m attending lessons now. I have a black belt in Taekwondo, and I’m a certified First Aider as well. Please take good care of me.” Tiffany then bowed nervously and unconsciously flashed everyone her eye-smile.

Everyone including Mr Min was captivated by her eye-smile and gave a “OOOoohhHHH” response.

“Did you see that??!! Omo… that was one hell of a deadly amazing eye-smile…” Yuri whispered excitedly to her gang while giving two thumbs up gesture. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement except Jessica who then jabbed her pointed heels right at Yuri’s toes with full force.

“Ouchhhh!! What’s that for, Sica??” Yuri yelped in pain and grabbed her toes and rubbed them.

“Must have missed my step. S-O-R-R-Y.” Jessica gave Yuri an icy glare and emphasis on the last word before turning her head away.

Yuri gulped at the icy glare. Jessica only did that when she was angry, annoyed or irritated.

“Did I do something to offend her?” Yuri thought when Mr Min’s voice broke everyone’s attention.

“Thank you, Yoona and Tiffany. I’ve decided to assign you both to Taeyeon’s team. I understand that Taeyeon will be away from work for a few days. So Yuri, I’ll put you in-charge at the moment to show them around and get settled here. Alright agents, meeting dismissed.” Mr Min bowed and left the meeting room.

Everyone bowed back and whispers filled the room again.

“Yo, Im Yoona!! Here, here!!” Sooyoung started waving frantically at the new girl, trying to get her attention.

“Chill, Soo.. You look like you’re going to eat her up..” Amber stared at Sooyoung and her crazy waves and dodging occasionally from being hit in the face.

“*Ahem*… well then lets split into two and showed them around. Sooyoung and Amber will show Yoona around, while me and Jessica will take care of Tiffany. Let’s meet at my desk at 1pm for lunch break. Okay?” Yuri said.

Amber and Sooyoung nodded while Jessica continued her glare at Yuri.

Not wanting to waste another second, Sooyoung immediately grabbed Amber and s her way through the crowds towards Yoona.

“Yah.. Slow down, Sooyoung!” Amber tried to release Sooyoung’s grip on her collar but it was useless. Sighing in defeat, Amber just ‘enjoyed the ride’.

----Back to YulSic----

Yuri squeezed through the crowds as Jessica tagged along behind, she could feel Jessica’s glare from the back. Yuri swore that her back might be frozen by now…. Every time Yuri tried to turn her head back to look at Jessica, Jessica would used her index finger and poked Yuri’s back hard, pushing Yuri forward.

“The hell is wrong with her today???” Yuri wondered as she made her way to Tiffany.

“Sigh… I think I need to talk to her during lunch.” Yuri thought as she shook her head.

----Back to Soober----

“HI!! I’M CHOI SOOYOUNG! NICE TO MEET YOU!” Sooyoung beamed at Yoona who was startled by her booming voice.

“Geez, Sooyoung. Yoona is not deaf, you don’t have to shout… Sorry Yoona, she got too carried away.  I’m Amber Liu. We’re from Taeyeon’s team. Nice to meet you. Me and Sooyoung will show you around for today.” Amber smiled apologetically at Yoona.

Yoona smiled at the two and gave a small bow.

“Come! I’ll show you where the cafeteria is! They sell lovely cheesecake!” Sooyoung beamed even wider and grabbed the pale looking Yoona out of the room excitedly.

“Aish… Sooyoung… you’re scaring the s out of her and shouldn’t we show her around this level first??….” Amber sighed and shook her head before running after the pair.

----Back to YulSic----

Yuri tapped her fingers at Tiffany’s shoulder to get her attention.

“Hi Tiffany. I’m Kwon Yuri. Me and Jessica will show you around today.” Yuri pointed to herself and Jessica who was still glaring at her back.

When Yuri realized Jessica was still glaring at her, she nudged Jessica to introduce herself. When doing so, Yuri accidentally nudged Jessica in the chest.

“YAH!! Byuntae!!” Jessica screamed and hit Yuri in the head repeatedly.

“Oww oww.. Sorry! I didn’t do that on purpose..” Yuri apologized while covering her head from the hits while Tiffany looked too scared to even move.

Few minutes later…..

“I’m Jessica Jung.” Jessica introduced herself in a monotone and folded her arms while continued her glare at Yuri.

“Nice to meet you, Yuri and Jessica. Please take good care of me.” Tiffany then gave them her famous eye-smile, hoping to lighten the tense atmosphere.

 “Omo… your eye-smile is totally killing me here.. hahaha.” Yuri giggled as she complimented Tiffany which caused the younger girl to blush furiously.

 “Come, I’ll show you around.” Yuri hooked her arms with Tiffany and walked out of the room together, leaving Jessica behind.

When Yuri left the room, she was unaware of a dark aura clouding the meeting room… it was none other than Jessica Jung!

“Kwon.Yuri.You.Die.” Jessica whispered with such venom that she could kill a fly with her words.