chap 22

Broken and Mended

 

----Amber’s mansion, 7pm----

Amber parked her convertible in her garage before making her way into the house.

“Krystal???” Amber shouted as she walked into the living room.

No reply.

Amber shouted again but still no reply.

“Omo… did she leave the house???” Amber thought as she started to run around the house looking for the younger girl anxiously.

After searching for 5 minutes, Amber stopped at her room. She pushed the door opened and to her relief she found Krystal lying on her bed with a book on her face.

“No wonder she didn’t reply.. This sleepyhead..” Amber chuckles silently and tip-toed to the sleepy girl. Gently lifting the book away, Amber was once again blown away by Krystal’s beauty.

Amber’s heart began to beat rapidly in her chest when she stared at the angel sleeping in front of her. Her chest slowly rising up and down and her lips parted slightly.

“How can someone look so beautiful and innocent when sleeping?” Amber thought to herself.

Tugging a loose strand of hair away from Krystal’s face, Amber gently woke Krystal up.

“Krystal.. Krystal.. Time for dinner…” Amber tapped Krystal’s shoulder.

---- After dinner ----

“Krystal, I’ve been thinking about some plans to better protect yourself incase I’m not with you.” Amber turned to face Krystal with a serious look.

Krystal nodded her head, urging Amber to continue.

“Firstly, it would be better for you to stay in the house while I’m at work. It would be extremely dangerous outside as those guys probably are looking for you now. Moreover, we know little about them for now. Do you agree on this?” Amber asked.

Krystal nodded her head in agreement.

“Good. Secondly, I’ll be getting you a mobile phone tomorrow so that it’s easier for us to get to each other if there are any problems, okay?”

Once again, Krystal nodded her head in agreement.

“Great. Lastly, to prepare you for any unexpected situations, I need to train you in basic combat skills and improve your vampiric powers. Are you okay with this?”

“Vampiric powers?” Krystal looked up at Amber with a puzzled look.

“Yea, like inhuman speed, strength, agility, sight, etc?” Amber explained.

“We.. we can do that??” Krystal asked in amazement.

“Don’t you know? Haven’t you tried it before?” Amber asked back, trying not to sound too surprised.

“Nope… I only know we need to feed on blood…” Krystal whispered in embarrassment as she stared at her own hands.

“Don’t worry. I’ll teach you all that! I won’t charge you, promise.” Amber winked at Krystal, trying to loosen her up.

However, Krystal continued to look down at her own fingers.

“I’m.. I’m so useless…” Krystal’s voice broke as she tried to control her emotions.

“You’re not! Come, I’ve got something to show you.” Amber stood up from the couch and pulled Krystal up as well.

“Where.. where are we going?” Krystal asked as Amber continued to pull her along.

“Just follow me.” Amber winked back and they stopped in front of Amber’s bedroom big drop window.

Amber let go of Krystal’s hand and unlocked the window before pushing it open. Standing in front of the window, Amber knelt down with one knee and waved her hand at Krystal.

Getting the idea, Krystal went over Amber and knelt down beside her.

“Erm.. Krystal? I meant getting on my back, not kneeling beside me.” Amber scratched her head before giving a nervous laugh.

“Oh! I thought…” Krystal immediately got up in embarrassment and stumbled clumsily onto Amber’s back.

“Hold on tight.” Amber gripped her hold firmly on Krystal’s legs.

“What’re we- OMG!!!” Krystal screamed before closing her eyes shut tightly when she saw Amber leaping out of the window.

Bracing for the deadly impact against the ground, Krystal shut her eyes tightly and started gripping onto Amber’s neck tighter like a wrestler performing a deadly neck grip stunt.

“Eh??” Krystal peek opened one of her eyes when she felt cool breeze caressing her face.

“Enjoying the view?” Amber grinned when she saw Krystal stunned by the mind-blowing scenery below them.

“Wait till you see this.” Amber grinned even wider as she picked up her speed and jumped harder from a nearby rooftop, causing the pair to fly higher up into the sky, making the scenery below them even more amazing.

“This is awesome!” Krystal couldn’t help but screamed out in excitement as they flew higher and it makes Amber screamed along as well.

After jumping and flying for several more times, Amber landed on the rooftop of the viewing area of N Seoul Tower. Both of them were laughing at each other as their voices were sore from all the frantic screaming earlier.

“That was.. FUN!!” Krystal’s voice broke as she screamed for the umpteen times and lie down on the rooftop admiring the starry sky.

“I’m glad you like it.” Amber croaked back and lie beside Krystal, enjoying the starry sky, a huge smile plastered on her face.

“I’ll give my best to learn the vampiric abilities, Amber. Next time, I want to be the one giving you the ride.” Krystal turned to Amber with a determined look.

Amber was surprised by Krystal’s determination but quickly softened her glance into a smile.

“Deal.” Amber nodded her head and pointed her pinky finger at Krystal.

Krystal hooked her own pinky with Amber’s while giggling at her child-like behavior. Amber stuck out her tongue cheekily at Krystal before returning her glance at the sky happily.

“Thank you for everything, Amber.” Krystal whispered gratefully and tears threatened to escape from her eyes once again as she unwillingly thought of the horrible kidnap and torture again.

“Come here.” Amber beckoned Krystal over and gave her tight hug. Seeing Krystal cries makes Amber’s heart cold once again and the urge to protect Krystal increased greatly each time.

“I’m so afraid that all this is just a dream and I’ll wake up and find myself in the hands of those men again..” Krystal choked back her tears as she talked, hugging Amber even tighter, afraid that if she loosen the grip on the blonde hair girl, she’ll slip away and be gone forever.

“This is real, Krystal. I’m real. Everything is real. I promise you that I’ll protect you from all those bad guys.” Amber tried to hide the sadness in her voice as she assured the younger girl, hugging her in a protective way while Krystal nodded her head and continued to cling onto Amber’s body, burying her head onto Amber’s neck.

The pair continued to hug each other tightly as they lie down on the ground until Amber remembered another purpose of coming out tonight.

“We need to go to the hospital, Krystal.” Amber looked down at the motionless figure on her body.

“Why? Did I hug you too tightly?” Krystal suddenly shot her head up with a concerned look and pouted lips as she loosened her grip just a tiny bit.

Amber giggled at Krystal’s adorable expression before answering, “Nope, we are not going to see a doctor but we definitely need to replenish our food.”

“Ohh~” Krystal replied with a ‘O’ lip as she stared back with her big round eyes and tightened her grip on Amber once again.

“Mind loosens your grip a little so I can piggyback you?”Amber gave a nervous smile, trying not to trigger Krystal into another panic attack.

Krystal nodded her head and loosened her grip a little as Amber turned her back to her but tightened it again once she settled comfortably onto her back.

“Let’s go!!!” Krystal exclaimed excitedly like a kid with a hand raised as she can’t wait to feel the cool breeze against her face again.

Amber heaved a sigh of relief mentally before grinning at Krystal’s excitement and the pair took off once again into the night towards the nearest hospital.

--------------------------

Kryber moments :) so sweet of Amber trying to cheer Krystal up.

Stay tune to chap 23 :D