THIRTY (FINAL)

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THIRTY (FINAL)

 

Months have passed and seasons changes yet everyone’s still in tack. Everyone’s busy with their own life but is still able to meet on events and scheduled hang outs. In the past months, everyone has grown to be a much better version of their selves.

Eunji smiled upon receiving the approval email. She’s officially out from her online stylist job. She was really planning on resigning even before she turns one year on the job as she thinks that it’s not making her as productive as she think she is. Right now, all she wants to do is return to writing making her work with Tris again as she can’t just leave Chick just like that. She’s back on feature writing on Chick as well as doing some part time helping out in the Empire if needed.

 

“Oh you’re home.” Eunji blurted upon entering Suho’s unit and saw his shoes and can see his figure on the kitchen.

“Hi Ms. Jung!” Suho greeted as he approached her for a kiss. In the past months, their relationship has grown and became stronger. They’re even joking that the media play was their training ground to be able to handle their relationship well as they do now. Small fights and jealousy can’t be avoided but they don’t let a day or two pass before they resolve it as Eun Ha told them that fights are healthy but they shouldn’t go overboard.

“Are you cooking dinner?” Eunji asked as they approached the kitchen together.

“No, just boiling water for ramyun, I’m lazy to cook now.” Suho replied.

“Do I get a spare?”

“Of course.” Eunji smiled as she sat on the chair.

“I have a kimchi inside the fridge, might want to check it. Dad said that auntie made one and asked him to bring me some.” Suho remembered making Eunji stand and look over his fridge. Eunji’s actually impressed by how welcoming Suho’s stepmother is. She was able to meet her once and she was so sweet and kind to them, no wonder Suho accepted her immediately.

After the ramyun was cooked, they settled on his dining table and started their dinner.

“Ms. Jung…” Suho called. It actually fascinates them how Ms. Jung and Mr. Kim ended up to be their call sign instead of those mainstream oppa, jagiya, sweetheart and anything cheesier than that. But on the other hand, they’re proud to say they’re unique making the others laugh at their wit.

“Uhm?”

“It’s almost our one year anniversary…. What do you want to do?” Suho asked. These past months, Suho’s been surprising Eunji with different events and stuffs for monthsaries and such making Eunji tell him to stop it already. Suho asked why and Eunji said that it’s enough for her to know that their relationship is getting longer and stronger, no surprises and events needed so this time, he chose to ask her.

“Why? what do you have in mind?” Eunji asked backed but she’s actually taken aback by his question, it’s true, they’re like three weeks away from their first anniversary, also one year since she came back from New York.

“I don’t have anything and surprises won’t work anymore so I thought of asking you instead.” Suho replied as he looked at her.

“Well, a candlelight dinner would do, what do you think?” Eunji replied making Suho smile.

“I think it’s a good idea…. Then candlelight dinner it is.” He then gave Eunji’s hand on the table a squeeze, what Eunji wants, Eunji will definitely get when it comes to him.

 

 

-

 

 

 

“You should apply in KxE.” Krystal said as she glanced at Eunji who’s busy reading some magazine on the couch, her usual spot, beside her is Bomi who’s busy on her phone. They got nowhere to go and Bomi just came from a photoshoot so she decided to come over KxE to visit her boyfriend who actually left to the Empire so she decided to wait for his return. Eunji on the other hand has submitted her article to Tris already so she had nothing to do and ended up pestering Krystal.

“Suho asked me to but I’m still thinking about it, I want to concentrate on journalism you know.” Eunji replied.

“Then go to A La Mode, Baek and Sehun can always get an extra hand.” Bomi answered.

“I don’t know, let’s just see since I wanted to help out Tris in Chick, especially that Hayoung’s getting married soon.” Eunji replied. She was actually surprised when she received an invitation from Hayoung saying she’s getting married soon, she’s aware that the younger got a boyfriend while she was in New York, she also updates her about their relationship but she didn’t expect them to get married so soon.

“That girl found the right one, our Hayoungie must be so happy with him to finally settle down like this… that’s my lifelong wish.” Bomi can’t help but say making Krystal and Eunji exchange meaningful glances. They’re aware that Kyungsoo is planning to ask Bomi to get married soon, he’s just actually waiting for her contract with Elvis to end as it was written in her contract that she can have a boyfriend but marriage is allowed and Kyungsoo wants to respect that. But of course, Bomi has no idea about what is actually going on infront of her.

“Time will come of you baby.” Eunji said as she settled the magazine beside her and patted Bomi’s shoulder which made Krystal laugh.

“Waaah! I can’t believe we’ll actually reach the point of talking about marriage.” Krystal suddenly said making the three of them burst into laughter again. Who would have thought that the girls who go around for fashion and art end up of thinking how to settle soon?

“But kidding aside… Eunji I realized something.” Krystal said as the laughter died down.

“What is it?”

“What are your plans with Suho? Your anniversary’s coming soon.” Krystal asked as she glanced at her table’s calendar. She has everything marked on her calendar so she won’t be able to forget a thing, and that includes the anniversary dates of her friends.

“Well he asked me last week about it… I told him I’d like to have a candlelight dinner.” Eunji replied making Bomi and Krystal exchange glances in surprise.

“Just that?!” Bomi asked in disbelief making Eunji’s brows crease.

“Why? What do you expect?” Eunji’s puzzled by their reaction.

“He’s been giving you different events for your monthsaries and you’ll end up having a dinner for your anniversary? Your first year anniversary is important though, you’ve passed your first year as a couple.” Bomi explained her side as Krystal nod in agreement.

“You do know I told him to stop those events, probably the reason why he asked me what I want… dinner’s enough.” Eunji replied but she can’t deny the fact that deep inside she’s hoping for Suho to prepare at least a small event for her… but don’t get her wrong, it’s a wishful thinking.

“Whatever you say.” Krystal returned to what she was doing.

“Wait, why? What did Sehun do on your first anniversary together? Eunji can’t help but ask. She was already in New York during the time the two girls celebrated their anniversary with their boyfriends.

“We went to Jeju for a three days trip, we tried different water adventures and spent all of our time together. Then he surprised me with this during our last day in the Yacht ride.” Krystal replied as she raised her hand to show then the promise ring that Sehun gave her. She was talking with a pink blush on her cheeks which Eunji finds cute, the girl still blushes when she’s being asked about her boyfriend.

“How about Kyungsoo?” she turned to Bomi.

“We didn’t celebrate it on the exact date… but he surprised me.” Bomi started her sharing with a giggle.

“Aaah! I know that!” Krystal suddenly squealed making Bomi giggle for more while Eunji remained quiet to listen but a smile formed on her face by seeing Bomi like this.

“I was in China for a fan meet for Elvis…. I was surprised that the last person I signed the poster was him…” Bomi covered her face as she feels like she’s burning red while sharing her story making the two girls giggle at her acts.

“Then? Then?” Eunji got excited. She can recall seeing the pictures online but she doesn’t know the exact details. Bomi has shared a few details to her over a video call but it was cut off as she had to do something else, the next time they talked, they had a different topic already.

“I was surprised that the poster was different and it had ‘happy anniversary’ message on top, I thought it was just something else but when I looked up, he removed his mask and cap and I swear I almost lost it.” Bomi continued her story making the two girls feel giddy. The boys really know how to make them feel special.

“Then we celebrated our anniversary in China, did some activities and enjoyed.” Bomi finished her story as she tried to remove the visible smile on her face, hoping for her blushing face to return to its original color as well. Eunji can only smile.

‘Should I have asked him for more?’ she suddenly asked herself.

‘No Eunji, dinner’s enough, you can always try those stuffs next time.’ Eunji tried to erase the thought as they continued to talk about random stuffs.

 

-

 

 

 

Eunji woke up with a smile on her face. This is going to be such a special day. She was about to get up when she felt an arm tighten around her waist making her smile for more. Of course, she’ll never forget about the man sleeping beside her now. She adjusted her position to face him and see how peaceful he looks in his sleep. She spent some time admiring his handsome face while fighting the urge to kiss him, who says sleeping in bed will immediately end up to something intimate right? They both believe that cuddles are much sweeter than those.

“Rise and shine Mr. Kim.” She whispered to wake him up. Several moments later, Suho stirred as he opened his eyes as a smile immediately formed on his face seeing the girl he loves first this in the morning.

“Happy Anniversary Ms. Jung.” He whispered as he kissed her lips making Eunji giggle.

“Happy anniversary Mr. Kim.” Eunji replied as she pecked on his lips as well.

“I can’t believe we both fell asleep before twelve.” She added making Suho chuckle as he adjusted his position to have Eunji rest on his chest.

“We were both so tired, at least we woke up together to celebrate it.” Suho replied as he started to play with her hair. It’s true, Eunji attended an event while he came from Incheon for important matters. He ended up going to her unit and asked her to stay up while they wait for 12mn but they ended up falling asleep by 11pm.

Silence enveloped them as all they can hear is their steady breathing, both are still dazed from sleep. Eunji glanced at her wall clock and realized it was time for them to get up.

“Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter