SEVENTEEN

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVENTEEN

Eunji tries to let go of the fact that girl seemed to be so interested on Junmyeon earlier as she thinks that it’s not for her to fish in… but she just can’t help it. The sticky looks that the woman was giving her seemed to be so… off.

“Eunji, I think all the boxes are unloaded, let’s go...” Taeyeon brought her back to reality. They just arrived in the venue and they asked some staffs to load out the boxes.

Eunji walked in the hall as staffs greeted her. Its three days before the Summer Empire and everything’s going according to plan. The venue is almost done and the models are all in good shape. The designs are something to be proud of as well.

“Eunji!” she was brought back to reality once more when she heard Krystal call her. KxE staffs were also there since it’s a technical run.

“Hi!” she greeted with a smile which obviously made Krystal’s brow rise.

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing.”

“Says the one who greeted me a ‘hi’ with such spirit.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“I’m just tired.” It’s the best excuse right?

“Yeah right.” As a cousin, Krystal’s one hell of hard to be convinced and Eunji knows she won’t let it go easily. She silently rants on herself as to why she’s thinking about what happened earlier.

“Hi Eunji!” the cousins greeted her. The nine of them were already complete, she greeted back. Her eyes scanned through them as she spotted Suho who was on his phone.

“Guys I think we should eat dinner now so we can start.” Chanyeol suggested as the glam team of the models has arrived.

“Good idea, I’m starving!” Jongdae grinned as he headed to the table where the staffs have arranged the good take out.

Eunji had short talks with Lay regarding something about the event but she can’t help her peripheral vision not to notice Taeyeon pulling Suho to the side for a talk… probably telling him about the woman they met earlier? Eunji would never know.

 

As everyone’s busy with their meal, Eunji excused herself to the toilet. She washed her hands and leaned on the sink.

“What the hell is wrong with you Jung?! Get over it! Why are you dwelling over something you’re not involved at?!-”

 

“Ms. Eunji are you alright?” Eunji gulped upon hearing it. She realized that she wasn’t able to check if there was someone inside the toilet. She almost slipped.

“Oh… hi… I’m sorry.” Eunji stammered. It was one of the technical staffs.

“I didn’t mean to hear your words… I-“

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I just had to vent that out... I hope these remains in here?” Eunji replied as she gave her a warm smile, hoping for her to buy it… and of course, she did.

“Don’t worry Ms. Eunji, I’m not a blabber and I believe that that is something you’re concerned about and should not be let out in the public. Don’t worry… I’m heading out now.”

“Ow…. Thank you.”

Eunji can only take a deep breath. She’s messing up just because of a woman she met earlier.

 

 

The technical run is starting anytime soon making Lay, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol ran back and forth; Minseok, Jongdae and Jongin are backstage. Baekhyun’s covering the event inside while Sehun’s talking to others staffs of A La Mode who’s in charge to do a video presentation for the show tomorrow. Suho’s seated on the lined up chair alone. He didn’t want to go backstage since he thinks that he’ll be a bother so he decided to stay behind.

He tried to look around and realize that Eunji was seated on the other end of the lined up chairs and was reading something… that’s when he realized that they haven’t exchange any words since she arrived. So much for a relationship act right?

He stood up and walked towards her.

“Hey.” He greeted. The last time they talked was during the ‘lunch date’.

It made Eunji look up. He tried to give her a smile.

“What’s that?” he asked as he realized that she doesn’t have any plan to respond.

“It’s the final list of media coming over for Summer Empire.” Eunji finally replied and Suho can say that there’s something wrong with her aura tonight… it seemed… not her.

“Is there something wrong?” Suho asked and it made Eunji’s brows meet.

“Why is everybody asking me if there’s something wrong?! There’s none okay!” she suddenly burst and it caught Suho off guard. It was good that she had it low and no one seemed to really ‘notice’ as everyone’s busy on their job.

Suho don’t know what to say with the sudden outrage.

And Eunji realized what she did.

“Oh I’m sorry… I’m…” she mentally slapped herself with what she did. This is one thing she hates about herself, if she don’t get the answer of her questions, she’ll have to dwell on them for a long time and right now, she doesn’t have the courage to ask him nor anyone who the girl was since she knows she’s got no right.

“Are you alright then?” Suho tried to rephrase and it was an unsure tone as he couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the girl.

“Yes-yes… I’m sorry about that… I was just thinking about a lot of stuffs lately…” Eunji reasoned out as she tried to have a calm voice. But that’s the truth, she’s been thinking about a lot of stuffs lately. Her mom, her job, the media play…. And now the girl.

“You must be tired, you can just go home you know.” Suho tried to let it cool on her now, she seemed not up to neck-to-neck with words right now, she seemed not herself tonight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter