TWENTY

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY

It’s been three days since Suho left. Eunji had herself busy with helping out Baekhyun in A La Mode while Sehun’s not around since her fashion director job is in a stable situation as of the moment.

“Eunji… Eunji…” Baekhyun calls her but she was spacing out.

“Jung Eunji!” Baekhyun snapped and that got Eunji’s attention.

“Oh I’m so sorry, what is it?” Eunji asked as she realized what just happened, she spaced out while staring at her laptop.

“Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

“Nothing… nothing…” Eunji immediately replied as she sighed and scroll through the article she accidentally opened.

[HOT] KIM COUSINS AND OTHER KOREANS GRACED NEW YORK BUSINESS SUMMIT FUNDRAISING PARTY

And as she scrolled through the pictures, she saw Han Soo Ri’s picture while walking at the red carpet.

Baekhyun on the other hand can’t help but stare at her, he seriously know that there’s something off with the girl as she’s back to spacing out again.

“Eunji, we can just end the meeting here and resume some other time, besides, the meeting with the editorial staff is in four days, we still got some time to meet.” Baekhyun suggested which made Eunji shake her thoughts.

“No-no… no… actually… let’s continue on this. I’m sorry for spacing out Baek.” Eunji immediately said.

“If you say so…”

-

“So what’s your plan?” Bomi asked as she picked up her fork to mix her pasta.

“I don’t know. Half of me want to leave Kim Empire after this but half of me says that I should stay.” Eunji replied with a sigh.

“But what if his mom wouldn’t like this idea?” Naeun asked.

“I don’t know, he’s old enough to make his own decision and I think it’s the right thing to do, this entire media play is tiring… I hate seeing myself in online articles.” Eunji’s reply made Naeun and Bomi exchange looks.

“If this was a month ago, we bet that you could have been one of the happiest women on earth now… but judging your reaction now… you seriously look sad…” Bomi, her ever beloved best friend finally said it which made Eunji sigh.

She doesn’t know why but she’s feeling so sad over this stuff, she should be happy right? That she’s finally getting the freedom she always had before she messed up being Hyerim and such? But why is she feeling so sad because of this? Is it because there’s a thought of her leaving her job in Kim Empire that come to love? Is it because of all the friends and employees she come to know during the whole duration? Is it because of the friendship she was able to build with the cousins? Or…. Is it because of Suho?

Eunji forced herself to forget about that.

“I don’t know… I’m just…” Eunji sighs again.

“Oh, Jung…. We’re just here… you can always talk to us if something bothers you…” Naeun gripped on Eunji’s hand which made the later weave another sigh, she’s been carrying these thoughts for almost a week now.

It’s been five days since Suho left for the business summit and Eunji must admit that she hates the fact that Soo Ri is in New York as well. She was invited to represent the fashionable nails industry in Japan that’s why she attended the fundraising party. Who would know if she’s being a sasaeng and follows Suho around New York? It’s a good thing that Sehun was there.

 

-

Jongdae: You think so?

Baekhyun: Really… I’ve been with Eunji these past days because of A La Mode’s next issue… she’s been spacing out.

Sehun: but hyung never mentioned about him telling Eunji that they should end the media play.

Jongin: how is hyung there?

Sehun: I don’t really know, we’re both so busy with the summit so I can’t find a free time to actually have a talk with him.

Minseok: I can’t believe Baek created a secret group chat behind Junmyeon’s back.

Baekhyun: I wouldn’t have been alarmed if Eunji isn’t acting weird and finally shared to me about hyung’s plan.

Yixing: so you guys actually think that there must be something going on between them?

Chanyeol: it’s the same situation though… remember when hyung started to get close to Soo Ri before and he eventually came to like her? He distanced himself from her.

Baekhyun: but Soo Ri showed her feelings to hyung and was persistent so hyung was able to confirm his feelings to her as well.

Minseok: Junmyeon must be confused now that’s why he did this, he could have used the summit to think…

Jongdae: Sehun look after hyung… I actually think that it’s time for him to finally and fully forget about Soo Ri and fall in love again.

Yixing: and I heard that Soo Ri’s in New York as well, she’s taking her stalking in a whole new level.

Sehun: We know that hyung, don’t worry, I’ll look after hyung and we’ve got tight security so I’m hoping that Soo Ri wouldn’t be able to do stuffs.

                And with hyung’s stand with Eunji, I hope I’ll get something if I get to talk to him.

 

Sehun closes the groupchat as he heard his hyung enter the living room of the condominium unit.

“Hyung, how was your nap?” Sehun asked.

“It was great; I think I had like four hours? My headache’s gone as well.” Suho replied with a smile as he sat on the couch. The business summit has been very hectic as he had to present their company as one of the speakers, Sehun was there to help him out and speak as well.

“I think we can slow down now since we had a successful presentation yesterday.”

“I think so to, and I know you really want to go to Times Square, can you wait for me to dress up and accompany you?” Suho asked with a smile as he stood up. He knows that the youngest may be in for the business but his happiness is much more important. He could see the younger’s eyes glisten upon his question.

“Really hyung?!”

“Yeah, you did great yesterday and you helped me out a lot, consider this as hyung’s treat not get up and get ready as well.”

Deep inside, even with the happiness of finally being able to breath New York’s air without thinking much about the work they’re supposed to do there, Sehun’s looking forward to talk to his hyung regarding the matter with Eunji.

-

“Eunji!”

Eunji’s eyes widen upon seeing Taeyeon storm in her office with an unexplainable expression.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Are you and Suho ending it already?!” Taeyeon asked which made Eunji’s brows crease…. And then she realized what she meant.

“Yeah.” She simply replied and that response made Taeyeon’s expression soften as she sat on the chair infront of Eunji’s table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter