TEN

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TEN

Eunji sighs as she sat on the edge of the table. She can’t believe she’s helping with the fixtures of KxE shades and specs. This is the first time KxE is venturing in shades and specs as it had an official Japanese brand partner before but after the contract ended, they chose not to renew as they had this plan of launching their own shades and specs collection starting this year.

“Eunji are you alright?” Krystal asked as she’s carrying a box of shades in her hands.

“I am, I just need a break.” Eunji replied. She attended Elvis’ vodquilla’s event that she organized last night and had to stay up to 4am when she arrived home to review the fixtures and floor plan of KxE shades and specs since they’re hands on today.

After the meeting with Jun Mi, Eunji got into a meeting with the rest of the KxE staffs in order to familiarize with everything. Kyungsoo and Lay even told her that she can just settle in overlooking with everything as they got teams on different stuffs but Eunji insisted that she wanted to help out since that is what Jun Mi was asking from her. The boys ended up assigning Eunji to help out with the merchandiser for the fixtures and floorplan of the first KxE shades and specs branch. House of KxE has one main branch and headquarters but it also has individual branches for their apparel, shoes, bags, accessories and now, shades and specs. As expected from KxE, it is in a strategic location so if you’re a shopper, you’ll definitely be able to pass by it.

“Ma’am Eunji you can just leave this hear and we’ll take charge.” One staff told her but she just insisted that she’s fine.

Today they’re off to fix the shop. There’s one team from KxE assigned to this then Krystal, Lay and Kyungsoo are hands-on as well so Eunji got no choice.

She took a deep breath before standing up, grabbing the KxE water design as she glanced at the empty 120 pairs floor standing sunglasses display and she has to fix the display on that. All she has to do is take the shades sample from the box and put it on the rack as she has arranged everything on the day Kyungsoo assigned them tasked. She was assigned to arrange two 120 pairs floor standing and one countertop. She spent a night arranging those as she found out that the teams are doing overnights when their tasks are due soon.

She started her job. She’s actually impressed over the shades and specs design but what impressed her more was when she found out that since this is the first time KxE is having this, the nine cousins were the one who designed almost all the shades and specs. She must really say that they are no ordinary guys. They’re displaying a lot since KxE are expecting a lot of guests to come. Looking around, Eunji can actually say that the shop itself can become one hell of an apparel store as it is so spacious and huge but of course since this is KxE, it is used enough for shades and specs.

“I brought pizza and drinks, time for a break.” Their attention was caught when someone entered and it was Lay with boxes of pizza in one hand and drinks on the other. Two staffs immediately approached him to get the food and settled it on the table. They all then huddled over the quick break.

-

Suho massages the bridge of his nose after the phone call. It was his grandfather, Beom Cheol, asking about the company and such. It was a habit of their grandpa and they know that he’s like that when he’s bored but they can’t help it, they just want the old man to enjoy his life with their grandma, to spend the riches he has worked hard for as they take over to make it grow. They let them travel, do the stuffs they want to do such as golfing and such.

Someone knocked on the door and Suho and he just said a simple come in, Taeyeon entered the office.

“I brought the complete warehouse and establishment legal documents that you asked yesterday, the transfer of funds will be done after you sign the contract, it’s in the blue folder.” Taeyeon said as she handed the folders to Suho.

“Thank you Taeng, why are you the one who brought this here anyway?” Suho asked as it’s usually his secretary or something.

“I brought it since I’m here to ask permission, I’m going on an early out, need to pamper myself you know.” Taeyeon replied as she flipped her hair which caused Suho to chuckle.

“As if I can say no…”

“That’s why I should have used the word ‘inform’ instead of permission.” Taeyeon pointed out.

“Much better.” Suho replied as he then looked down to glance at the folders Taeyeon gave him. He still got a lot of work to do, he feels like he’s going to be buried inside his office for the rest of the week until the launching of KxE shades and specs, he missed too much with the days of his absence during his episode.

“Hey, by the way, I heard about Eunji…” Taeyeon opened up as Suho lifted his head up.

“Who’s the blabber mouth this time?”

“Krystal.”

“Ahh yes…”

“So it seemed like your mom’s up for something with her… and judging the girl’s personality, I bet she was challenged.” Taeyeon said which made Suho smirk.

“You say it... I thought I’m used to mom’s tactics and antics when it comes to work but she’s still surprising me… I thought I’ve learned enough…”

“Your mom’s getting you ready for the future; sometimes too much good publicity is boring so she just wanted to give the media something different.”

“and having a so-called girlfriend makes out for that ‘different’ how does it become a negative publicity anyway?” Suho until now can’t really figure out his mom’s thoughts as she doesn’t talk to her about anything.

“It becomes negative since you’re hiding it, I mean you’re both quite a famous personality so there are people in our industry who really wants to know things about you guys, that’s how paparazzi gains money anyways so they’d want to dig it out… it becomes positive publicity when we get good responses from people… just like how some netizens says that you two are hashtag, relationship goals because of your status and such… and yeah, much more the like.” Taeyeon tried to explain which just made Suho nod though she’s not sure if he understood it or not.

“Anyways, don’t dig into it deeper, just be positive on it. You’re not dragging the girl into a black hole anyways, you’re even giving her a job… or should we say your mom’s giving her a job so that’s a benefit for her… now, I’m off, I can’t miss my salon schedule, ciao!” and with that Taeyeon left.

Suho can only sigh, he got Taeyeon’s point. This is why sometimes he feels like he’s not that capable to take over Kim Empire, taking over Kim Empire is like become the ‘brand’ ambassador of the whole company. He knows he got the capability, the intelligence and all positive traits but he lacks media’s attention as he knows they find him ‘boring’ for not having any gist in life. His cousins attends events making people squeal on them, his cousins go on a serious relationships that sometimes gets caught by paparazzi, people gets fascinated by the pair, his cousins….. the lists just goes on. Those stuffs that he doesn’t normally do as he just prefer to stay in his office and do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter