TWENTY TWO

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY TWO

"What's your plan?" Krystal asked as they are strolling around the mall. She can hear Eunji sigh.

"Sehun called me last night, he said their flight is tonight, they'd land at Incheon tomorrow. I might fetch him, want to come?" Krystal continued talking. She can hear the later sigh again.

"Eunji Jung, if you think that sighing can solve this... Gather yourself up." Krystal snapped which made Eunji flinch.

"I don't know Krys... I'm so confused. I want to help Suho but I think he got a different principle over the situation."

Krystal stopped walking and grabbed Eunji's wrist.

"Tell me the truth, do you like him?" Krystal asked and her tone demands for an answer.

Eunji was silent. She's been thinking about this for weeks now and she's still confused with her feelings. She never felt like this before, yes she had flings but she never really had a 'serious' relationship so she don't understand if what she's feeling now is 'like' that could have a deeper meaning. But she's sure with one thing and that what she's feeling now is different from what she felt on her previous flings.

"With what I see now, you've fallen for her cousin, but the thing is, you're still not sure with it." Krystal answered her own question which made Eunji sigh for the nth time. Krystal can only look at her with sympathy. She understands how she feels right now. Being in such situation where you're not sure if it's worth the risk is very difficult.

"Krys..."

"Um?"

"I think I like him..." Eunji said, almost a whisper, it made Krystal smile. In one sunny afternoon, in the middle of a mall, Jung Eunji admitted she has fallen.

 

-


"How are the boys doing?" Grandpa Beom Cheol asked after signing the papers brought by Taeyeon since his father had some other things to attend.

"Everyone's doing well grandpa. Chanyeol's report says that the pictorial of the new models is scheduled two weeks from now. Kyungsoo and Lay already ordered third batch of the top seven summer capsules from the factory, that what makes Minseok and Jongdae busy while Jongin went to attend the textile convention in Busan. Baek's on the press work for the special issue already. Suho and Sehun are arriving tomorrow from the business summit. They have closed a total of eight deals from foreign companies. Three for KTex, one for KEMA, two for KxE and two showed interest to buy stocks." Taeyeon read from one of her folders, this made grandpa smile.

"Taeyeon, you really work hard like your father. Thank you for taking good care of my grandsons and the company as well." Grandpa suddenly said which made Taeyeon chuckle.

"Thank you grandpa, I'll take that as a compliment. I grew up with Kim Empire so I'm working hard for the company and I enjoy looking after everyone."

"Among the cousins, who do you think deserves to take over my place? That person must have nice signature since that's all I do, don't you think so?" Grandpa joked which made Taeyeon laugh, the elder really knows how to ask playfully without showing that he's serious.

"Isn't it supposed to be Suho all the way?"

"But I'm asking based on your opinion..."

"Well for me, all the boys are capable of the work but Suho really deserves it. He's got the skills and what it takes to be on that spot, I believe that through Suho, Kim Empire will grow more... He would never disappoint." Taeyeon replied with a smile, it made grandpa nod.

"You think so? How about Baekhyun then? What's going on between the two of you?" Grandpa suddenly asked which made Taeyeon's eyes widen. So all this time, grandpa seemed to be waiting for the right timing to ask.

"Grandpa~" she whined as grandpa laughed.

"Oh dear, I may be old but I'm updated... The two of you were seen couple of times in public, does that mean something?" Grandpa continued to ask and Taeyeon knows that he wouldn't stop unless he gets an answer.

"Woooh! Don't you think it's getting hot in here grandpa?" Taeyeon fanned herself which made the elder laugh.

"It's alright if you don't want to answer me yet. What's important is that I heard from you directly if who you want to take over my spot." Grandpa said with a fatherly smile. Taeyeon can only weave a sigh of relief. She's aware that grandpa is starting to survey people in the empire.

"Why grandpa, what do you think of Suho?" Taeyeon can't help but ask.

"Junmyeon's been working hard for the empire and is capable for everything. Most people in the board are in favor of him, let's just hope for the best for him." Grandpa replied as he took a sip of his drink, Taeyeon just nod.

Taeyeon knows that grandpa's supportive of Suho, everyone is, right now, all she hope is for the day of the final assessment to come.

 

-

 

"Hyung you should sleep. It'll be a long ride." Sehun suggested as he saw Suho looking at the window. They're now two hours since take off and all they could see is a gloomy sky. He has took a nap since take off and he just woke up to see Suho still looking at the window and seemed to be thinking deep, it was obvious that he hasn't slept yet.

"I'll sleep later, just continue sleeping there." Suho replied with a warm smile, it made Sehun adjust his from his sleeping position.

"Hyung, what are you thinking?"

"Nothing. Don't mind me, just sleep now Sehunnie~" Suho cooed as he patted his head. Sehun can only sigh as he returned to his sleeping position, he knows Suho doesn't want to talk yet so he'll leave it there.

As he noticed that the younger is already fast asleep, Suho returned his attention to the window.

'The sky's gloomy... Just like how I feel now.' He joked mentally.

Suho knows that once they return to Korea, he'll be too busy. The new business deals, the assessment, his mom, his grandparents.... And of course, Eunji.

Eunji's face hasn’t left his mind the whole time when they were in New York. He finds it weird but he just can't take Eunji out of his mind, especially her expression when he said told her about ending the media play.

'She looked pained.' Suho thought but he immediately shook it off as he thinks that his mind is just fooling him.

-

"Kim Yeol what are you doing here?" Naeun was surprised by the person who entered her shop.

"I was around the area and realized why this shop looks familiar so I decided to drop by... I hope I didn't bother you." Yeol replied as he walked around the shop. Naeun signaled her staff to excuse herself first as they were actually busy with the proposed new fixtures of her shop.

"I was just doing stuffs but don't worry, it can wait." Naeun replied.

"This looks good. Is this from KTex?" Yeol got hold of the suit worn by the mannequin as he felt its texture.

"Yes, in this area are few of my new designs where I used the textile from KTex, I started my contract with KTex three months ago." Naeun replied, impressed of how he managed to identify that the cloth used for the suit was from KTex.

“Wow, you really trust KTex to use the textiles to your summer collection then.” Yeol continues to check on the clothes.

“Come on Kim Yeol, I know you wouldn’t drop by if you don’t need something. Tell me.” Naeun finally said which made Yeol stop from walking and face her.

“Do you have Eunji’s number?” Yeol directly asked which made Naeun’s brow rise.

“Why are you suddenly interested on her? and come on, as if you won’t get her number if you do some research.”

“That’ll be her business number, not her personal number and I’m sure that she wouldn’t reply to me if she knows it’s me.” Yeol replies with an eye smile that didn’t work on Naeun as the girl replied while rolling her eyes. “Why are you suddenly acting like this? You guys just met after years of that blind date scheme, why are you suddenly showing interest? Eunji’s dating a fine man already.”

“Even before, I already told you that I find Eunji really charming but she stopped meeting me after the second date. I tried contacting her but she didn’t reply, I looking for her but she seemed to be avoiding me.” Yeol explained.

“Why wouldn’t she avoid you if you attempted to kiss her on your second date?!” Naeun snapped as she walked towards her office as she didn’t want others to hear their conversation.

“I couldn’t help it. I thought Eunji was an-“

“Easy girl? With that kind of thoughts, do you think Eunji would want to give you her number? You should be thankful that she still talked to you when you met last time.” Naeun replied.

“And what is there to dwell upon? She already has a boyfriend now.” Naeun added. She wanted to directly ask him if this was because her girlfriend was Suho but she wanted to act as if she’s got no idea about what’s up in the Kim Empire.

“I know, but I just want to be friends with her, is that something hard to ask?”

“That’s between you and Eunji, don’t ask me that… and if you’ll continue to pester me about her number, well then sorry but you won’t get one.”

 

-

Sehun came out of the toilet. They’re still inside the plane and he woke up to see his hyung sleeping as well.

As he returns to their seat, he was surprised to see a coat hanging on his seat, Sehun’s brow creased. He immediately walked towards their seat and his eyes widen upon seeing who it was.

“What the hell Soo Ri!” he shouted upon seeing the woman taking a photo of sleeping Junmyeon. She flinched as it was obvious that she was caught in the act. It was good that only a few people were seated in the business class or else it could have created a huge scene.

Suho’s forehead crooked with Sehun’s should.

“What is-fck!” he couldn’t finish his question as he saw Soo Ri seated beside her.

“Get of my seat Han Soo Ri!” Sehun snapped as he pulled Soo Ri. This caused three flight attendants to come over.

“Is there a problem here sir?” the female flight attendant asked. Sehun was obviously furious while Suho’s still on the state of shock as he just woke up.

“I caught this passenger taking his picture without his permission, this is obviously an invasion of privacy. I don’t know what measures to take right now since we’re on air but I just want her away from us now.” Sehun replied which made Soo Ri’s eyes widen.

“I can’t stay away from here, I’m on the business class too!”

“But you’re creating a commotion here, you’re obviously disturbing the other passengers because of your acts.” Sehun replied as he looked around, seeing the other passengers obviously observing what was happening, this made Soo Ri turn red. All she planned to do was take a sleeping photo of Junmyeon as it is one of her favorite thing in the world. She planned to get up immediately after few shots but Suho stirred in his sleep and even made a pouty face, he looked so soft and cuddly making her want to take more, she didn’t expect to be caught by Sehun.

“Ma’am I think it is best for you to go back to your seat. We are disturbing other passengers here. You go back to your seat and keep the peace in here or we bring you to the economy seats

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter