TWENTY FIVE

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY FIVE

“I have to honor to announce, our newest CEO, Kim Junmyeon.” Grandpa finally announced as it garnered loud applause from the board members, department heads and everyone inside the room. A month after the board meeting, it is finally the assessment day.

Suho smiled as he bowed down to everyone. The final assessment ended and here it is… finally… he’s Kim Empire’s CEO.

“Mom!” he immediately went to his mother after the meeting, everyone kept on congratulating him but he found his way to her. He just wanted to proudly tell her that he got it when Jun Mi suddenly hugged him.

“I am so proud of you son. So proud.” He can hear her voice crack which made him teary eyed but tried to suppress it.

“I did it mom.” Suho whispered. The moment Jun Mi broke the hug, Suho immediately cupped her face to wipe away her tears.

“Go, they’re congratulating you.” Jun Mi pointed at the other people who were crowding them. Suho went on greeting everyone and thanking them.

“Grandpa!” he shouted as he hugged the older who laughed.

“I am so proud and happy that you did it.” Grandpa whispered on his ear which moved him to tears.

“I don’t even know what to do without you Mr. Chairman.” Suho playfully said as they broke the hug.

“I didn’t do anything young man, it was all because of your hard work. How perfect like may be Mr. CEO? A stable job, a good family and a nice girlfriend, you win in life.” Grandpa said making Suho smile… with the thought of having a nice girlfriend entered his mind.

“Hyuuuuunnnngg!” the cousins immediately gagged up on him and cheered for the victory, it was such a glorious day. Suho kept on thanking his cousins saying he wouldn’t be able to do it without them.

It took almost an hour before Suho finished thanking everyone inside the room.

“I guess I lost in this battle then.”

“Yeol.”

“It was a nice battle though, congratulations.” Kim Yeol gave him a smile as he offered his hand for a shake, Suho smiled and shook hands with him, he hopes that this marks the end of competition between them.

 

“Where are you heading hyung? Let’s have some late lunch.” Jongin asked as they came out of the office. Since it was Saturday, only a few people were around.

“I was thinking of the same, choose a place then text me, I need to get something from my office first.” Suho replied where the cousins agreed.

 

He found himself smiling as he was making his way to his office, he can’t believe he finally did it. He took over the company at such age. The look on his grandpa and mother’s face were so genuine that it made his heart swell.

As he entered his office to get some stuffs, his phone vibrated, it was a text message from Eunji.

 

Hi! Are you still in the office? I left something on my table yesterday, can you get it for me? I’ll drop by your unit to get it later. Please. Thank you!

 

A smirk that turned into a smile formed in Suho’s face, the girl is really random and it gives off her charm. He’s actually glad that his so-called relationship with Eunji prospered in the past month. They became good friends, they would usually hang out, eat lunch together and he would usually bring him home if she doesn’t bring her car. He must actually say that he got closer to the girl.

After picking up his stuffs, he went directly to Eunji’s office and was surprised that it was actually opened. As soon as he entered the office, he was surprised to see a cake on top of the center table.

A smile formed on Suho’s face upon seeing the wordings.

Congratulations Mr. CEO!

He was about to lift the cake when two arms circled his waist and with the scent, he seriously know who it is.

“Ms. Jung.” He returned in calling her that name ever since they got closer.

“Congratulations Mr. CEO!” Eunji giggled behind him as she turned him to face her.

“Thank you… thank you for everything as well.” Suho replied as he cupped her face and kissed her forehead in gratitude. It made Eunji close her eyes and savored the moment. In the past month, skinship has been natural between them as well, especially that Eunji would usually stay with him when he’s on a meeting with his staff who got no idea about the still existing media play. At first it became awkward but later on it became usual for them to hold hands, hug, arms clinging and most especially Suho’s kiss on Eunji’s forehead. No one can actually name the kind of relationship between them… have they gone official? Are they taking it to the next level? No one knows, even Suho’s cousins got no words for them as they’re just happy to see them act like that.

“It finally happened, are you happy?” Eunji asked as she cupped his face with a huge grin.

“I am… it feels surreal… but I am.” Suho replied with a sweet smile. Eunji turned her attention to the cake and lifted it in front of him.

“Congratulations CEO Kim.” Eunji exclaimed making Suho blow the candles.

“Why are you here?” Suho can’t help but ask.

“I wanted to surprise you?” Eunji replied in a ‘can’t-you-state-the-obvious’ tone which made Suho chuckle.

“Are you going somewhere after this?”

“Hmm… nope. Why?”

“We’re planning to have a lunch, want to come?” Suho asked.

“I think I could spare some time.” Eunji replied with a  giggle making Suho chuckle.

“Let’s go?” he asked after he saw finish packing the cake.

“Yeah.”

 

 

As they arrived in the parking lot, Suho checked his phone to see a message from Lay.

“Where is this place?” Suho can’t help but ask as he put it in his GPS and his brows creased upon seeing the result.

“This will take 2-3 hours car ride before arriving there, are they insane?! We’ll end up eating dinner.” Suho whined which made Eunji laugh.

“Let’s just grab some drive thru on the road, it seemed like a nice place for the boys to choose it.” Eunji replied as Suho sighed, of course he had no choice.

“Drive thru we go!” he drove off while Eunji can’t help but smile as she spared him a glance, she must admit, she’s been falling for him deeper which she think is not healthy anymore.

 

 

After almost three hours of drive, they finally arrived at the place.

“I am seriously making them pay.” Suho hissed which made Eunji laugh. Truth to be told, he actually enjoyed the ride with Eunji as they just talked about random stuffs, the girl even fed her while he was driving.

“Come on, let it pass.” Eunji replied as she walked pass him.

“What is this place anyway?” Suho asked as he looked around, it was almost dinner time and the place seemed new, it doesn’t look like its open.

“I don’t know, why don’t we go check?” Eunji replied as she walked forward making Suho trail behind her.

It was actually closed restaurant yet you can see the lights inside.

“Did they actually rent this place?” Suho continues to ask. Eunji was about to open the door when Suho stopped her and signaled that he’ll open it.

The moment Suho opened the door, his eyes widen in surprise.

“Congratulations!” his cousins, their girlfriends were around.

“What-“

“Congratulations CEO Kim!” Eunji suddenly said as she pulled him inside the restaurant.

Suho’s still in dazed, he can’t believe this is happening.

“How did-“

“Hyung, this all courtesy of Eunji.” Baekhyun said as he handed Suho a drink. Suho immediately looked at Eunji who just laughed.

“When did you prepare this?”

“Last night.” Eunji simply replied as she pressed her lips making Suho smile. Once again, the lady impressed her.

“You reserved this place?”

“This is a new restaurant branch of Jung’s.” Eunji replied as she pointed at the name inside the restaurant making Suho realize it, it is actually one of the business ventures of Eunji’s family. He remembered her talking about it but they didn’t dig into many details so he had no idea that they were actually on their way here.

“Congratulations Suho!” the girls greeted him with a handshake. Suho looks around, his special persons and the special persons on his cousins’ life are around, it’s a day to remember.

“Know what, we know you’re starving from the long drive s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter