TWENTY EIGHT

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY EIGHT

It’s been a month since Eunji’s return and she’s been going around to enjoy life. She met up with the cousins and their girls two days after her return as she had to spend more time with Suho, the loving boyfriend of hers. In the past two years that Eunji wasn’t in Korea, media made speculations that she and Suho broke up but the empire never released any statement as Suho just wouldn’t answer them anything directly and would just say ‘do what you want’ and so they just followed Jun Mi’s orders of not doing anything. They hype between them died down through time but is now back the moment the two started going out for lunch or dinner.

 

 “Rise and shine Mr. Kim, time to get up.” Eunji woke Suho up, she has become his personal alarm clock as she would usually sneak into his unit, make him breakfast and wake him up. Suho wanted her to stop and continue her sleep but she insists on doing it… as she wanted to make up with her two years absence. Suho’s cousins are even joking them that they’re living like a married couple which they just shrug off.

“Five more minutes Ms. Jung… five more minutes.” Suho crumbled in his bed as he pulled his blanket, he’s just tired.

Eunji remained quiet for a moment then spoke, “Okay, five minutes have passed, up-up now!”

Suho forced to open his eyes as he got up.

“WHAT-“

He was shut by a quick peck from Eunji as she followed it with a giggle.

“Rise and shine Mr. Kim.” Eunji simply said as she stared at him. His bedroom voice, his bedroom face, his messy hair… he still looks perfect in her eyes. She laughs inside her as she realized at how lame she is in love.

Suho smiled as he realized what she did.

“I’ll get out now so you can get ready, I chose your tie, just check it.” Eunji said as she was about to stand up when Suho pulled her wrist making her land on top of her. This act has been done by Suho several times but she just never learns… or she doesn’t want to learn?

“Where do you think you’re going Ms. Jung?” Suho asked as he placed his arms on her back, she was never heavy for him and he likes seeing her close.

“I’m going out, now let me go.” Eunji replied as she tried to get up but Suho held her tight.

“Let’s stay like this for a while, how was last night? Sehun called me up and said that you called him to fetch Krystal who was so wasted.” Suho asked as Eunji had some girls’ night out with the other girls.

“I didn’t drink much so don’t worry… I came home safe and sound.” Eunji replied just then Suho reached up to her lips and kissed her for a good 10 seconds until he let go.

“That was such an energy booster, let’s get up now.” Suho said which Eunji find silly making her laugh. She got up of his bed and headed out to let the guy prepare himself for work.

 

As they were eating breakfast, Suho noticed that Eunji’s phone kept on ringing and she kept on laughing making his brows meet.

“Can I ask if what’s up?” Suho can’t help but ask, he doesn’t want to be a needy boyfriend but he can’t help not get curious.

“Oh…. Nothing…” Eunji realized what she was doing as she stopped and returned her phone on the table. Suho just nod and continued eating when Eunji’s phone rang again as she grabbed it and checked it again making the male give him a questioning gaze. Eunji realized this making her look at him as she tried to smile but Suho’s expression remained the same.

“Well you see, Kim Yeol-“

“Kim Yeol?! Since when did you start talking to him again?” Suho was surprised by the sudden mention of his name. He left the company day after grandpa’s birthday saying he had other stuffs to attend for their own business.

“Didn’t I tell you about our past? And that we were able to hang out a few times in New York…” Eunji replied, taken aback by her boyfriend’s reaction.

“I know… but you never told me you’re still talking to him now… not that I really want to know but…” Suho can’t find the right words to say making Eunji giggle. She realized that her guy is acting like a jealous man.

“Hey, if you’re jealous, well I’m telling you, don’t be… we’re just friends…” Eunji assured him as she reached for his hand on the table.

“And to add on that assurance, he’s asking me to choose between the animal onesies he’s about to wear to ask the girl she likes, who is one of my friends back there to be his girlfriend…” Eunji added making Suho’s feature soften.

“Sorry…” Suho uttered making Eunji giggle.

“I never thought Mr. Kim is capable of being jealous like this…” Eunji said making Suho stop himself from smiling as he gave her hand as squeeze.

 

-

“Suho, you’re attending the summit this year right?” Taeyeon asked after the meeting making Suho nod. In the past years, in order to keep his promise with Eunji, he sent Chanyeol and Lay to the business summit in New York.

“Okay then I’ll send you the criteria for the presentation then I’ll also include the accommodation, who are you gonna bring this time?” Taeyeon asked again.

“I was thinking of bringing Baek…” Suho replied with a tease making Taeyeon gave her a stern look before nodding.

“Okay… I’ll prepare the registration…” Taeyeon suddenly looked mad making Suho laugh.

“Come on, it’ll just be a week or two… I’m not gonna keep Baek in New York forever.” Suho cheered her up as she just replied with a smug face making the male laugh again.

“I’ll see you around.” Suho was able to say before Taeyeon stormed out of the conference room, he really likes teasing the couple as it takes forever for them to take each step in their relationship.

He stopped laughing when his phone rang with a text message from his dad. He smiled and replied.

Okay dad, coming.

 

 

“I knew I’d find you in this spot.” Suho said upon seeing his father seated on the usual spot.

“I knew you’d find me here.” Hi Myeon replied with a smile as Suho sat in front of him.

“Did you order already?”

“I did, it was the usual, do you want to add some more?” Hi Myeon asked making Suho shake his head.

“No, it’ll be enough.” Suho replied.

After the time he got the CEO spot, he’s been meeting his father, it may be for some snacks, lunch or dinner. He has always been neutral between his parents and he has long accepted that they can’t be a one happy family like the others but he’s happy with the fact that he knows them. Jun Mi doesn’t really like the idea of Suho meeting Hi Myeon after all these years but she’s got no choice but to allow her son to do so. Hi Myeon on the other hand got a technology developing business so he would usually help out Suho when he needs so assistance. If Jun Mi chose not to have anyone after Hi Myeon, Hi Myeon on the other hand found a woman to grow old with and she accepts Suho wholeheartedly. Hi Myeon also got a son and a daughter who technically becomes Suho’s step brother and sister and they’re actually civil with each other.

“How is everything son?” Hi Myeon asked as the waiter started to serve their meal.

“Everything’s doing good… the company’s in control, the family’s doing well and I got a loving girlfriend with me… life’s giving me a credit after all these years.” Suho replied with wit making his father laugh.

“You just got to boast about your girlfriend huh…” Hi Myeon commented making Suho laugh. He was able to tell his father about the media play and what happened between him and Eunji. Eunji was able to meet his father several times too and he kept on telling him that he found the right girl making Suho feel so proud.

“So, when’s the big day?” Hi Myeon suddenly asked which made Suho’s brows crease in disbelief with his father’s question.

“Dad! We are just starting and beside, Minseok hyung’s getting married in a few months…” Suho pointed out.

“Aren’t you planning to be the next in line?” Hi Myeon asked again making Suho shake his head as he can feel his ears redden. He must admit that he had those thoughts but he doesn’t want to hurry anything, they got all the time in the world as Eunji said she’s staying in Korea for good now as she was hired as an online stylist. Besides, she also wants to try a lot of things with his girl, they gone through a lot back then, most of it were pretentions so now, he wants to do everything with her for real.

“I don’t wanna hurry anything dad… we’ll get there when the time comes.” Suh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter