FIFTEEN

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIFTEEN

“Mom.” Eunji can only stare at her mom. It’s Monday and it’s lunch break and she was surprised when she received a call from her mom saying she’s at the nearby restaurant near Kim Empire.

“Baby I’m sorry I haven’t been in contact with you, I’ve been too busy, you know how mom’s working now right?” Eun Ha apologized as she gave her daughter a warm smile. Eunji nod as she understands her mother’s situation, it’s not easy running a business with your in-laws and have your own career as well, she’s used to it.

“It’s okay mom, it’s fine. Besides, I kept track on you with the business matters, just slow down if you’re tired okay?” Eunji replied as she gripped her mother’s hand on the table which made the later smile.

“But Jung Eunji, was I that busy for you not to tell me that you’re actually dating Kim Junmyeon? I really thought that it was just a rumor at first so I didn’t expect that it was all real… but nevertheless, I’m so happy for you baby.” Eun Ha’s eyes were even sparkling making Eunji gulp. She knows how much her mother wants her to find someone to be with saying that Eunji should start to think about her future family and such as Eun Ha says that she already wants a grandchild so she can still show her grandchild the fashion world with her still looking good. Eunji would always shrug this off saying that even if after twenty or thirty years, she would still look good so she doesn’t have to rush her, this is a usual fun conversation between the two.

“Well mom, we just started off recently so I didn’t really bother to tell you…” Eunji doesn’t really know what to tell her mom especially that she just realized that she and Suho haven’t really talked about what would they answer when people suddenly asks questions about them and their relationship.

“Does he makes you happy?” Eun Ha asked making Eunji awkwardly nod, this made Eun Ha smile.

“That’s what matters the most. I know Junmyeon, he’s a good child so I know he’ll take good care of you.” Eun Ha replied. Eunji can only smile as she didn’t know what to reply. She’s just glad she’s able to meet her mom now.

“Darling, you’re old enough to be in a relationship and such, just remember mom’s here if you need help or something okay?” Eun Ha gripped on Eunji’s hand making her smile and nod. Her mother may not be the perfect one but she knows she can hang on her in times of needs.

 

-

Suho checks his watch, it’s almost lunch time and he’s actually planning to get a proper meal now. The Empire’s preparation for ‘Empire Summer’ are falling into places, he’s actually impressed by how Eunji works for them. She gets everything done according to her job so it gets lighter. Chanyeol’s been so busy with KEMA nowadays that he thinks he doesn’t leave KEMA at all, Lay and Kyungsoo has been doing the same, even Minseok, Jongdae and Jongin haven’t been showing their presence lately since KETex can’t fall behind the schedule or else everything’s going to be ruined. Baekhyun and Sehun has been going back and forth from the preparation of the venue to covering everything, from the designing process, sewing, everything. Every season change, A La Mode makes this special issue where they cater how Kim Empire prepares for events like this, and this has always been one of the best issues of Kim Empire every year.

He heard his door click; as he looks up he immediately stood to greet his mom.

“How’s the preparation going?” Jun Mi immediately asked.

“Everything’s going into place so if it continues like this, it’ll be fine until the show.” Suho replied.

“That’s good, I heard from Taeyeon that Eunji’s been doing a good job.” Jun Mi stated which made Suho look at her before he nod.

“She does, she’s pretty confident in working so she’s a great help to be honest.” Suho replied with all honesty as this is really what he thinks. Before, they’ve been working without a fashion director ever since he left the spot, it added to their job but now that someone’s taking over it, it becomes lighter.

“At least she’s doing something relevant…” this made Suho’s brows meet.

“Mom, what is really your problem with Eunji and her freelance job? It’s not like it’s making you stop breathing or something.” Suho can’t help it, he’s been noticing at how his mom has been having an eye for Eunji.

“Watch your words Kim Junmyeon. I’m doing this because I believe she’s got more capabilities than doing the freelance job, I’m doing her a favor to show off and I guess it’s working.” Jun Mi’s stern voice made Suho shake his head and just nod.

“I’m sorry…. It’s just that-“

“You’re acting as if you know her well now.” Jun Mi can’t help but notice. This made Suho’s forehead crease. Know her? They haven’t really even talked much about each other. Their small chit-chats would still consist of conversation about the empire.

“Not really, how do you say that-“

“Suho I’m going- oh my God I’m sorry, I should have knocked.” Eunji’s face was dumbfounded. She didn’t expect to see Jun Mi in Suho’s office during lunch hours. She barged in since Victoria’s not around, probably on her lunch break. To add on that, it’s just her second time to enter Suho’s office so it didn’t cross her mind that he might have some visitor.

“Good noon Ms. Jung.” Jun Mi greeted first which made Eunji gulp. There’s really something about her that makes her nervous every time she gets to talk to her. Even on the phone, Eunji can actually imagine her talking live in front of her.

“Good noon ma’am…” Eunji replied, almost in a whisper.

“What brought you here?” Jun Mi asked as she glanced at Suho who looks at her, clueless.

“I… augh, I was just supposed to ask Suho something but I’ll just go back, I’m leaving.” Eunji replied as she was about to open the door again when Jun Mi spoke again.

“Ms. Jung, I came here to take Suho for lunch, would you mind coming with us?” God knows how much Eunji wants to say no but Jun Mi’s look at her makes her feel like she’s actually hypnotizing her.

“I….. wouldn’t mind.” Eunji replied, she doesn’t normally stammer but it just happened.

 

-

Suho glanced at Eunji who was can only look at the window.

“Mom, where are we going?” Suho asked.

“Somewhere I can eat some Thai food, I’ve been craving, I haven’t been to Thailand for some time now.”

Eunji can only sigh as she wishes to vanish right now. They're off to a Thai restaurant which adds to her burden. She was never a fan of Thai food as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter