TWENTY FOUR

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: this is actually 5K long, I don’t know what was I doing that it reached this long. Hahahaha! Anyways, enjoy! :)

 

TWENTY FOUR

Worried is an understatement for what Eunji feels right now. So this is how she falls in love again? Back to her previous relationship, she loved them yes, she gave them so much importance, she was there when they needed her… but she can’t remember feeling so worried over them like the way she do to Suho now. Did she fall so hard?

“Here’s the papers you asked me to bring you.” Namjoo said as she placed the folder in front of Eunji. She then stood in front of Eunji for further instruction but she noticed that her boss was zoning out.

“Ma’am… Eunji? Ms. Jung!” Namjoo kept on calling her bringing her back to her senses.

“Ah yes? Yes? I’m sorry… I was… aah….” Eunji stammered as she looked down to her table to see the folder she asked her to get. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, is there something wrong?” Namjoo asked in concern.

“I… augh…” Eunji sighed. Two days of not getting any updates about Suho . She got used to getting articles about him and Sehun when they were in New York as paparazzi followed them around.

“I know this is weird as I am his girlfriend but… do you have any updates about Suho? About the issue?” Eunji swallowed her pride and asked since she really wanted to know a thing. She didn’t want to bother any of the cousins since she knows that they were all busy helping Suho out, she didn’t want to bother Taeyeon as well since she knows that the girl is on top of her game to help Suho as well, she can’t ask Victoria too since the secretary is busy walking around as she noticed… and she didn’t have the courage to go to Suho’s office and ask if he was fine or needed help as she was afraid to be a distraction or a bother to him.

“You must not have talked?” Eunji remained silent.

“I was able to talk to Victoria earlier… she said things are not doing any better. Everything falls the same as what Kim Yeol stated, even the files in KTex were the same… they said that sir Minseok, Jongdae and Jongin are busy finding out what is happening as they’re sure that the only lapse that happened was last month and that can be excused as the finance department showed error on the distribution even after sir Suho signed the documents… Victoria said that Sir Suho has been in the office the whole day, he arrives early and leaves late and he doesn’t eat lunch as well… they were actually worried.” Namjoo explained what she was able to talk about with Victoria. She purposely asked the secretary to tell her stuffs as she knew that her own boss can’t concentrate over the fact that her boyfriend is under so much pressure now.

Eunji can only shut her eyes as she rested her head on her hands. She can’t do anything as this has something to do with the board already.

“Thank you Namjoo, that was so much help… thank you.” she can only whisper.

 

-

Jet lag plus stress plus empty stomach is not doing any better on Suho. It’s the third day and he still got nothing. He’s sure that something is wrong with what Yeol presented but he can’t prove that without evidence… and the thing now is that, everything seemed to be falling according to what Yeol presented. The database files, the hard files, even the files stored in KTex.

“One day left and I’ll be bidding goodbye to the position.” Suho whispered as he massaged his temple, he feels like he’s going to get sick and he hates it.

“Come on Junmyeon, not now… not now…” he whispers on himself as he drank some water. He’s afraid that his CVS episode might come now with too much anxiety and stress he’s experiencing. He can deal with this if it was only Yeol and his presented problem… but he can’t forget the reaction on his grandpa and mother’s faces, they looked so disappointed on him.

“Sir I’m going now, it’s past 8 in the evening, you should go home too.” Victoria said as she entered his office.

“I will, after reviewing this file.” Suho replied with a smile. He knows he’s been burdening people around him because of this but he’s thankful that they’re helping him out. He knows that the point of this is not the inconsistency, but what Yeol is trying to imply is that, he’s not a capable leader of the whole Empire as his small errors can cause a big lost and impact to the company if the time comes.

“By the way, ma’am Taeyeon told me to tell you that she’s having the CCTVs checked as well as she’s thinking the same as you and your cousins.” Victoria said. Suho and his cousins actually thinks that someone is manipulating and tapping the files making everything fall into pieces, they don’t want to accuse Kim Yeol but they can’t let the possibility slip.

 

Suho’s sweating hard. He needs to reach the car park soon or he might faint anywhere now. He’s seriously not feeling well as he realized he wasn’t able to eat lunch... nor breakfast and this has been going on for days now. The only thing that saves him is the coffee in his system and one piece of sandwich that he’s able to make when he comes home. He knows he’s living an unhealthy lifestyle but it goes on the least of his worries as he really wanted to solve the disarray Kim Yeol caused him.

“I should have taken the front entrance…” he mumbled as he could have used a valet’s help to get his car instead of looking around the car park. Once he spotted his car, he tried to double his pace to reach his car quick. Suho immediately closed his eyes and breathed evenly to stabilize his system before driving off, he can’t let anything especially his CVS affect him now.

As soon as he arrived at the parking lot, he feels like he has recovered so he quickens his pace back to his unit before anything could happen.

 

-

Eunji gave up, she stood up and grabs her bag, she doesn’t know why but she feels so worried over Suho now. She checked the time, it was past 9pm already. Eunji sighed as she just hope that he’s home already.

As if the sky’s adding on her worry, it started raining.

“Why must it rain now?!” Eunji cursed under her breath, the road is getting crowded.

 

   

 

Eunji shut her door close and immediately ran towards the entrance. It was past 11pm and the worry inside her is killing her and she trusts her instincts, she knows something is wrong if she’s feeling this way.

 

   

 

 

Suho curled up on his bed while hugging his abdomen, the pain started to kick in after his shower. Cold sweats were forming on his forehead and he knows this is a bad thing.

“Aaarggghh!”

 

 

 

Eunji rang the doorbell several times and he wasn’t picking up, it made Eunji tremble. Should she call the cousins already? She was able to ask the security at the entrance door if Suho was back and he said yes, it was good that Eunji was familiar to them already.

“Wait... should I just call him?” Eunji asked herself as she held her phone. She didn’t think twice and dialled his number immediately.

 

 

 

With all his might, Suho was able to reach for his phone.

“Hello?” he cried in pain and he can hear the other line gasp.

“Suho? Suho are you inside your unit?” he recognized the voice, it’s none other than Jung Eunji, it rang on him that his doorbell kept on ringing.

“Ye..yes...”

“Are you alright?! Let me in!” Eunji’s voice was in panic and it just made Suho shut his eyes close.

“I.... I can’t.”

“Yaaah Kim Junmyeon!” Eunji’s shouting already and he knows he worried the girl.

“910522.”

“WHAT?!”

“910522! That’s my passkey!” Suho shouted back and he can already hear Eunji pressing the keys. He curled up to lessen the pain but he feels like it’s killing him.

 

 

   

 

Eunji’s hands were shaking as she pressed on the keys. The moment the door opened, she ran inside and didn’t bother to wear any slippers after she took off her shoes.

“Suho?! Suho?!” she shouted as she ran towards his room. Her heart sunk the moment she saw him curled up on his bed with his phone still on his ears.

“OHMYGOD what happened?! Where does it hurt?!” Eunji ran to his bed and tried to let him face her.

“It hurts... it hurts so much...” Suho was gritting his teeth and Eunji can see how painful he is feeling now and she’s shaking seeing him in this situation.

“I should bring you to the hospital!” Eunji grabbed her phone but Suho held her hand to stop her.

“No... please... don’t...” Eunji can feel her entire body tense up. What is this man up to?! He looks like he’s dying in pain but he doesn’t want to be brought to the hospital?!

“Yah are you out of your mind?! You look like you’re gonna die because of the pain, come on don’t be stubborn!” Eunji insisted as she shook her hand to get away from his grip only to be gripped by his other hand again.

“Please... Eunji, please.” It was almost a whisper but he was obviously pleading.

“Damn it Suho! Fine! I’ll call someone for help.” Eunji gave up as she dialed a number and when Suho saw that it was not an emergency number or his cousins, he let go of her hand as he went back to curling up on his bed.

 

 

 

“How is he Ailee?” Eunji immediately asked as soon as she saw the doctor go out of Suho’s room followed by another girl.

“He’s fine now Eunji, you can calm down.” Ailee replied with a smile as she tapped her shoulder making the girl sigh in relief. That seemed like one of the most nerve wrecking hour of her life, all because of Kim Junmyeon.

“Have some coffee first.” Eunji invited them as they sat down on Suho’s living room. Eunji knows that she’s acting too at-home in his unit but she don’t care, she’ll deal with that after.

“What is his condition?” Eunji asked again.

“He got an ulcer and it was triggered, he must have been skipping meals. You mentioned he has CVS and it must be in early phase of his episode, I’m glad he had his medicine so I administered it on the IV as well. He’ll need the IV overnight then you can take it once it’s consumed, you still know how to do it right?” Ailee explained which made Eunji nod. Ailee was her close friend in high school and they entered the same university in college. There was a medical organization that also accepts students who are not taking any medical related programs where Eunji was a member together with Ailee who was taking her pre-med during that time; they went on advance first aid training as well so Eunji knows the basics on life support.

“He must be suffering stress, is everything alright?” Ailee asked. They haven’t met for some time now since both have been busy with their own career that’s why he was surprised to receive a call from Eunji.

“Office is beating the sht out of us, he must be stressing himself too much.” Eunji replied with a sigh.

“He should slow down on himself; tell him he’s no superman okay? And by the way, this is one of my residents, Solar, we happen to be going home together when you called.” Ailee introduced the person with her making Eunji introduce herself as well.

“I’m sorry I can’t give you anything other than coffee, we should see each other again soon when schedule permits.” Eunji suddenly said which made Ailee shake her head.

“It’s fine, we just came from eating dinner too and I think we should get going now, you should rest too. Give him a warm soup when he wakes up, that can warm up his system before giving him rice or anything. At least have him make up with all the meals he missed to regain back his energy. As the doctor who looked after him now, I also advise him to take it easy or at least skip the office for a day or two and get enough rest.” Ailee replied as she stood up. Eunji nod as she tried to mentally take note everything that Ailee said.

Eunji escorted them out and received a warm hug from Ailee before they left.

As soon as Ailee left, Eunji cleaned the remaning coffee and cooked a soup.

As she waited for it to cook, Eunji’s mind went blank, she realized something.

She got too involved and too worried on him... this isn’t like anymore.

“Do you actually love him Jung Eunji?” she asked herself making her shut her eyes close and brush her fingers through her hair.

“Gather yourself up Jung.” She shook her thoughts and went back to cooking. She’ll just reheat it when Suho wakes up.

 

 

 

Eunji slowly opened the door, afraid to wake him up. She slowly walked towards his bed and sat on the edge.

“Do I always have to see you sleeping in your bed when I’m in your unit? Huh... sleeping handsome?” she whispered as she adjusted the blanket to cover him. He looked so peaceful and soft, just like how she saw him sleeping the other day. It was a totally different view from how he looked like when she arrived earlier.

“You almost gave me heart attack...” she whispered again. A smile crept on her face as she realized how fool she is to be talking to the sleeping man. She looked at his soft features as her eyes landed on his lips, it was cherry pink and so kissable… she found herself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter