TWENTY SIX

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY SIX

Suho wakes up as his alarm kept on ringing; he reached for his phone to turn it off. He checked the time, it’s 10am, he purposely set the time to have longer hours of sleep. This is it, today is grandpa’s birthday which means it is the day where he’ll be announced as the new CEO as well.

He checked the messages on his phone and opened the group chat with his cousins.

Sehun: Suho hyung, don’t forget, we’ll meet at KxE by 4pm to start the prep up!

“Why do we have to go early, all we’ll have to do is style up our hair and wear the suits...” he whined as he continued to scroll and found himself laughing at the conversation of his cousins as they were just arguing as to who will dance grandma first tonight.

He then typed his response ‘Good morning! Got it! See you at 4!’

Suho then realized his stomach was grumbling, he better prepare for breakfast.

As soon as he got up from bed, he went directly to his bathroom to wash up and preceded to his kitchen, he can’t skip his breakfast, he promised someone.

 

“Aaah… I’ll go on toast again.” he whined as he got the bread and placed it in his toaster, at least he’s eating breakfast.

After cleaning up his kitchen, Suho headed to his leaving room and his television, it’s boring to wait but he doesn’t feel sleepy so he’d rather drown himself scanning to the different channels his television could offer.

He settled on one action film that he’s unfamiliar with. He was staring at the television and got lost in his thoughts when his phone vibrated, another alarm, 2pm.

“Bye…” he whispered quietly as he turned off the alarm and got up of his couch. He better take a shower now and head to KxE.

 

Upon arriving in KxE, his eyes roamed around the third floor. The shop is closed today because of the big event and the third floor is what they personally use as their dressing room and such. Suho’s eyes roam around as his cousins and their girlfriends were being prepped up.

“Hey Suho! Sit down now, I’m gonna call Peter to prep you.” Krystal saw him and signaled to take the seat beside her. Suho just nod and unconsciously sat on the chair, he doesn’t normally like this kind of preparations but he got no choice, it is their grandfather’s birthday afterall. As he waits for the stylist, he looked around and a smile formed on his face, his cousins’ dates are around as they’ve decided to finally make it public. Minseok, Jongdae and Jongin who were dating idols and actress had made it to the point where they talked to the entertainment companies of their girlfriends to approve this plan. They wanted their girls to be present on such a special day on their family.

“Mr. Kim, I should start prepping you up.” Peter came and Suho just nod as he started his thing.

It took an hour for everyone to be prepped up. It was then followed by a mandatory photoshoot.

The guys went on with their partners for a couple pics while Suho stood at the side and just observed them. Even Chanyeol brought a date named Moon Ga Young and Lay came with one of Seulgi’s group mate, Wendy.

“Hey, you okay?” Krystal nudges him as he realized that the girl was standing beside him, he must say that the girl is dazzling.

“Yeah… of course.” Suho replied with a smile.

“She’s really not going?” Bomi who was standing beside Krystal asked. Suho just shook his head and gave out a sly smile.

“Everyone, I think it’s time for us to head out now, let’s not make the elders wait.” Baekhyun said making everyone agree as they had a last minute checking and went out to head to the venue.

“Hyung, want to ride with me and Krystal?” Sehun offered making Suho shake his head.

“No, I prefer to drive, just have your own moment with your girlfriend.” Suho teased as he waved and headed to his car. Sehun and Krystal just exchanged glances and rode Sehun’s car as well.

 

Suho’s car ride was so peaceful, he preferred not to turn on his radio and just paid attention to the rode. He slowly glances at his passenger seat and let out a sigh, he’s a bachelor tonight… well… he has always been.

 

Upon pulling on the driveway, Suho exited his car and passed his keys to the valet. He was the last one to arrive in the venue with his cousins waiting for him in the lobby. There were some press people who came to the event but were not allowed to enter the hotel so Suho stopped in front of them and gave them a bow and thanked them for coming. One of the employees strictly kept on repeating that he wouldn’t entertain any questions though he could hear them ask and most of them were asking if ‘where is Eunji?’ he can only sigh.

 

“Let’s go now hyung.” Jongin said as he entered the lobby. They rode the elevator and arrived at the hall. As expected, the place was already filled with socialites and people related to Kim Empire, Suho took a deep breath, it is going to be a long night.

Suho was drowning in different conversation after he was able to greet his mom, aunts and uncles around. He sometimes can’t understand what the main topic is but he just continues to nod and smile at them, that’s all he need to do.

“Will he be alright?” Chanyeol can’t help but ask as they observe Suho being dragged around in different business conversations. They’re lucky they were able to excuse themselves and gather on their table.

“He should be… he will be.” Minseok replied.

“Is Eunji really not coming?” Jongdae asked, the table remained silent.

Small talks continued around the table until one of the event’s security came to their table and whispered something on Sehun’s ears making his brows crease.

“Where?”

“At the pool area, she used the back door there.” The security replied making Sehun stand.

“Hyungs, I think we should go somewhere… girls, we’ll be right back.” Sehun said as he followed the security, the remaining cousins exchanged looks and immediately followed Sehun leaving the girls confused as to why they suddenly went out.

 

Suho was busy listening to what one of the board member was telling him when his eyes darted to his cousins who were walking fast towards the door making his brows crease, something’s up and he wants to know what it is.

“Augh, sir, I’d be glad to listen further but I was thinking, we should actually talk about this in the office, don’t you think so?” Suho gently asked the board member earning a soft laugh from him and agreed. Suho immediately excused himself saying he needs to go to the toilet as he went out and followed his cousins.

 

 

“She’s there sir.” The security said as he pointed at the woman in the pool area.

“What is she doing here?!” Lay immediately asked.

“That I do not know… the last time she made a huge mess in the plane, she was sent to Japan after the airport security called her parents.” Sehun replied.

“She really finds a way to ruin a party.” Baekhyun hissed as they walk closer to her.

“Han Soo Ri!” Chanyeol called her attention making her face them.

“Oh, so they called you, where’s Suho?! I need to tell him something really important about his girlfriend, I need to see him now.” Soo Ri immediately said which made the boys take a deep sigh to extend their patience to the girl.

“Soo Ri I thought you’re in Japan already, why are you back here?” Sehun asked.

“Because I got something really important to tell Suho so please call him now, I need to talk to him.” Soo Ri seemed so sure about what she was talking about making Sehun roll his eyes.

“Suho hyung can’t entertain you now, he’s busy inside.” Lay tried to sound calm as possible.

“But this is really important, he needs to know something about his girlfriend!” Soo Ri keep on insisting which made Kyungsoo shut his eyes close before he speak.

“Soo Ri look… we’ve been going in circles since you returned, you find Suho hyung, you end up being dragged, now, with what you are doing, you don’t expect yourself to allowed to simply go out of this hotel without being dragged right? So I we were you, we’d just go out peacefully and stop this non-sense.”

“No! I’m not leaving this hotel without talking to Suho!” Soo Ri’s throwing a fit making the securities hold her.

 

Suho was standing behind the wall, he can clearly hear the conversation and he doesn’t want to pay attention to whatever crap Soo Ri has prepared but he wanted this to end, he’s too tired to have a sasaeng when he only wants to have a peaceful life. He took a deep breath before revealing himself.

“Han Soo Ri!” he called him making the others face him.

“Hyung!”

“Suho! Junmyeon! I knew you’d come! I have something really important to tell you!” Soo Ri kept on trying to get out of the security’s grip, Suho signaled them to let her go and leave them for a while. Chanyeol and Sehun immediately stood beside her; ready to hold her if she does something off.

“What do you want to say? Tell me now, stop wasting our time, the party is about to start.” Suho sounded uninterested.

Soo Ri didn’t want to talk as she doesn’t want the cousins to hear her.

“They wouldn’t leave if that’s what you’re thinking, so you either talk as I’m still listening or we’ll have you dragged out of hotel in an instant.” Suho is getting impatient.

“Well I think it would be nice if they hear this as well then.” Soo Ri as she walked near Suho but the male took a step back.

“You see Junmyeon I had someone investigate her and I found out something really-really big about her! You should break up with her now! She’s Hyerim! The one who writes articles about you and your cousins, about the empire! She doesn’t deserve you! she’s a ! She’s just trying to get close to you because she wants to find something negative and write-“

“STOP IT!”

The cousins gasp.

Soo Ri was shocked.

Suho took a grip of Soo Ri’s arms.

“Stop it! Stop talking non sense about her especially when she’s not here! Stop accusing her of stuffs that you do! Stop it Soo Ri! Just please stop it while I still have a single respect left for you…. Soo Ri please stop it!” Suho’s voice sounded angry but was pleading. He tried to look into her eyes as he pity her so much now. He was surprised that she would actually say that and it made his heart clench, the girl he once loved has turned into a total different persona whom he can’t recognize anymore. He’s sure of one thing though… Soo Ri badly needs help.

“But Junmyeon listen to me-“

“HAN SOO RI!” they were surprised of the voice, it was his father. Suho immediately let go of Soo Ri.

“Sir-“

“Han Soo Ri what are you doing here?! I can’t believe you left Japan and came here! What part of being banned you don’t understand?! I am so disappointed of you lady! You are not the daughter we took good care of! Gather yourself up!” her father started to shout at her leaving the cousins in silence as they exchange glances, not able to know what to do.

“But dad I need to tell Junmyeon that-“

Another surprise came when a group of people for asylum entered the pool area.

“Dad what is this?!-“

“This is for the best Soo Ri.”

“No-no!” Soo Ri was about to run when the people from Asylum caught her, she was throwing a fit when one of them injected her something, moments later, Soo Ri lost her consciousness leaving the cousins dumbfounded. Soo Ri was then put on the stretcher.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter