THIRTEEN

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRTEEN

 

Suho sighed as he glanced at his window, he's been here for five minutes and Eunji's still not out. The party starts at 8 and it's past 7pm, they'll need more than 30 minutes car ride to the venue. Tonight, Suho was surprised when his driver was sent by his mom to drive them to the event with the reason that they'll be drinking tonight so it'll be safer that way, and with the legendary "got me?" Of his mom, he had no choice but to agree.

It took another 5 minutes before he heard a knock from the window, it was Eunji, he immediately let her in. She was wearing a bathrobe... That can be somehow perceived as 'dress.'

"Oppps... Sorry." Eunji even made a peace sign when she saw Suho gave him a glare.

"Let's go." Suho instructed.

“Oh and by the way, Mr. Kang this is Eunji, Eunji this is Mr. Kang, my driver.” Suho realized that he had to introduce his dearest driver. Mr. Kang glanced at the rearview mirror to have a good look at Eunji and gave her a smile. Both exchanged their ‘nice to meet you’ with a warm smile.

"I know I'm not in the position to ask, but why are you not driving?" Eunji can't help but ask. They've been in the car ride for 15 minutes and the car was just filled with silence.

"Mom sent him since she said that we'll be drinking, he doesn't want us to go on drunk driving." Suho nonchalantly explained.

"Does he...?" Eunji's voice was a whisper and it didn't take a second for Suho to shake his head for her to understand that the driver doesn't have any idea of their situation.

"Sir, almost here." They both flinched when they heard the driver speak as the whole car ride was filled with silence that even Mr. Kang, Suho's driver felt awkward.

"Augh, okay." Suho simply replied as he glanced at Eunji who was busy with her bath robe and she seemed fidgety.

"What is wrong?" Suho can't help but ask.

"Augh... Nothing..."

"Yeah right..."

"Well..."

"Ms. Jung, it's so not you if you're going to act this way. What is wrong?" Suho asked again.

"Well... this is not the first time I'm attending a pool party or something... But I'm not that comfortable wearing stuffs like this..." Eunji awkwardly explained. She actually really hates wearing swim wears that's why she seldom goes to the beach or pool for a swim.

"Then you can just wear that for the photo op then let’s ask Mr. Kang to bring the bag for you to change if that will make you comfortable." Suho suggested. This made Mr. Kang glance at the rearview mirror and smile. He felt that the Suho he knows already grew up. He's been Suho's driver since he was in grade school, during that time he just received his license and he felt so nervous driving for one of the grandsons of Kim Beom Cheol, owner of one of the biggest fashion company. Since then, he got to know him from being the grade school boy, to being a high school boy, he even drove for him at times during his university years that’s why he knows the boy pretty much. Right now, he’s working under his mother since Suho kept on insisting to him that he needs easier job than driving him around for hours.

“We’re here” Mr. Kang announced which made Eunji and Suho take a peek. They can actually see the party lights from the inside.

“I’ll just be around, just give me a call or something if you need me.” Mr. Kang said which made the two nod.

Suho glanced at Eunji who was starting to remove her robe.

“Do you want ups to go out?” he asked in a gentleman manner. This made Eunji look at him.

“No need, I’ve got clothes inside in case you forgot.” She replied, and with that, she removed the robe completely. Suho got out of the car as he didn’t really bother to notice her appearance. Eunji glanced at the rearview mirror first to check on her look, she didn’t put on much make up as it’s a pool party.

“You look lovely Ms. Jung.” Mr. Kang complimented which made Eunji smile and said thank you. She then came out of the car.

 

As soon as they got out of the car, they both walked side by side. Suho can’t help not to glance at Eunji. He knows what he’ll wear but he doesn’t know how she’ll look like and now he must say he’s impressed. The girl may not have a model-like structure but one can’t ignore her figure. She’s got nice body proportions as well as her skin can complement any kind of attire. She had her hair on natural look and it makes her look so sophisticated.

The moment they entered the venue, there was a wall for photo op and it was obvious that the media were waiting for people to arrive, it was 8:10 in the evening and the party has already started.

“Let’s go.” Suho whispered as they walked towards the wall. They can feel the awkward atmosphere between them but they had no choice, they had to be as natural as possible in front of the press. Suho knows he needs to act better so he put his arm around Eunji’s waist and being a gentleman as he is, he tried to settle his hand on the area where he cannot touch her bare skin.

They both smiled at the camera and in the media’s point of view, the two are oozing with an undeniable chemistry.

“Mr. Kim and Ms. Jung will receive a few questions from you…” said the organizer. They were actually informed about this beforehand and it was even written in the invitation so they were aware.

“This is the first event that you two are attending after being announced as a couple, how do you feel?” one reporter asked. Eunji gave out her infamous charming smile and even gave Suho a glance before answering.

“Honestly, I was quite nervous at first since we’ve been hoping to have this as private as possible but I’m also very excited since we both don’t really attend events like this, that’s why we thank Funtania for the invite.” Eunji can imagine herself smirking at her answer, it sounded so showbiz but she don’t care.

“Mr. Kim it seemed like after the public announcement of your relationship, your cousin, Sehun found the courage to announce his relationship to the public as well, what are your thoughts?” Suho smiled. He knows that Sehun and Krystal arrived ahead of them earlier since Sehun left a message in their group chat asking the others to monitor the articles that may come out after their photo op and short press interview since he didn’t want any negativity over the articles.

“I’m happy for Sehun and Krystal to finally be able to date publicly… just like me and Eunji…” Suho started as he glanced at Eunji who actually glanced at him as well making the two exchange looks before smiling. It seemed so natural.

“I hope that everyone would give us, the Kim Empire, our own relationships our requested limit of privacy and support. Let us all have fun in the party inside, sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter