ONE

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE

“The last time you attended a gala together was like… few years back when you were still in university, it’s time for you people to attend again.” Taeyeon said which made them groan.

“Taeng, you know we’re not really comfortable in attending those.” Minseok said as Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“Nine hottest and top bachelors nowadays… don’t want to attend galas? Well sorry gentlemen but that’s one thing that is required from you to do as part of the Kim Empire.” Taeyeon reminded them.

“When’s this?” Suho asked.

“Next week, Friday.” Taeyeon replied.

“That’s like, eight days from now.”

“The organizers sent invitation twice, hoping that the nine of you can come.” Taeyeon said.

“I think I need to pass, Seulgi and I are going to Incheon Gyeonggi-do on Friday morning to visit her parents, I don’t think I’d be back on time.” Jongin immediately said his schedule.

“Lay and I are hands off that as well, we’re starting the overnight preparations for the KxE shades and specs launching next month.” Kyungsoo added.

“I’m off, Friday’s a movie night for me and Luna.” Jongdae said.

“I’m bringing So Eun for a date on Friday, we need to catch up.” Minseok raised his hand.

Taeyeon gritted her teeth as she rolled her eyes, it’s really hard to handle nine guys at once, she sometimes wonder how she ended up in this job…. Oh right, her father is Beom Cheol’s trusted secretary and she chose to apply for a job in the same company and her credentials impressed them so… yes… this is her destiny.

“Chanyeol?! Baekhyun?! Suho?! Sehun?! Who are you going on a date that day? Augh.” Taeyeon sounded frustrated, not that she’s really pushing the boys to attend but it’s Elvis Gala, everyone are expecting the heirs of Kim Empire to come… if not all, atleast representatives.

“Count me in.” Sehun finally said which made Taeyeon weave a sigh of relief.

“Thank God!”

“I can’t, I’m sorry, I’m off to Japan again on Monday and I’ll be back by Saturday.” Chanyeol said.

“As much as I want to attend, Sehun’s off and I’m in-charge for next month’s issue so I can’t spend a night off A La Mode until our release next month.” Baekhyun said.

“And Suho?”

“I…. augh….” Suho wanted to think of an excuse, among them, he’s the one who’s not a fan of these kind of events because for him, people would just talk to you for a one minute fame, for a chance to be on a photograph, to…. Socialize? He can sometimes hate the atmosphere as well that’s why one can only see him in events of Kim Empire together with his cousins.

“You can’t give me any excuse. First of all you’re not dating, next I’ve got a copy of your schedule and you’ve got no sched on Friday… so that’s immediately a yes for you.” Taeyeon didn’t let him think of anyways to find an excuse which caught him dumbfounded. This made his cousins suppress their laughter.

“Hyung, you are so dead with commander Taeyeon.” Baekhyun commented as he chuckles which made Suho scratch his nape.

“Sehun’s coming, what’s the point of-“

“Because more people from Kim Empire, the more exposure. End of conversation about this. Sehun and Suho are coming for Elvis’ Gala.” Taeyeon said as she wrote it down on the planner.

Suho can only sigh. Taeyeon’s like their babysitter all in all, she’s like their over-all secretary, the kind of job her father has and she’s pretty good with it, thing is she can sometimes be so bossy that they can’t even protest on her.

“You boys… I’m talking to Jongin, Minseok and Jongdae… be careful not to be caught by cameras, I don’t want us to deal on any dating scandals right now and I believe that the entertainment companies of your dearest girlfriends wouldn’t want that as well.” Taeyeon reminded which made them nod.

 

-

“Wow Naeun, you never fail me on your creations.” Eunji said as she checks her appearance on the human size mirror.

“I had that created just for you of course.” Naeun replied as she fixed the zipper of the gown.

“Are you attending Elvis?”

“Yes, I think so….I got the invite but I’m too lazy to socialize on a Friday night, that’s like… my rest day.” Naeun replied as she looks at the mirror to check on Eunji’s appearance as well.

“Good for you to have a choice… I need to attend since mom’s attending as well and she’s like ‘I need to see you on Elvis or I’m cutting your allowance’ as if I’m not earning.” Eunji answered which made Naeun laugh.

“Auntie doesn’t really like your job in Chick do she?”

“You say it… she thinks I’m making gossips and issues where all I write about are features over the events I’ve attended.” Eunji replied as she turned around to see how the gown flows.

“Auntie must have known about… you know.” Naeun is one of the few persons who know about Eunji writing as Hyerim in Chick since she’s one of her best friends.

“I don’t think so… she doesn’t even visit Chick’s website so I don’t know what’s with her hating my job in Chick where I’m just a freelance writer there.”

“Just let auntie be… you’re her only daughter.”

“Yeah right.”

“Have your hair in soft curls, it’ll compliment well.”

“I’m thinking about that as well.” Eunji said as she flipped her hair in front of the mirror.

“But Naeun, I think you should come to the Gala, Bomi’s going to be introduced as the brand ambassador of Elvis that night.” Eunji suddenly remembered which made Naeun snap.

“Aish! How can I forget about that?! Augh…” Naeun sounded off which made Eunji laugh.

“Bomi’s gonna need us there so better find something for yourself.” Eunji said which made Naeun groan, goodbye rest day.

 

-

Flashes of cameras are everywhere, media is having the time of their life getting photographs, interviews and scoops for this year’s Elvis Gala. Elvis is a famous Korean brand that has been known all over the world for its finest collections. Elvis holds a gala every year to gather famous celebrities, fashion enthusiasts, business related persons and such to a grand night filled with festivities.

“I can’t believe I’m attending this.” Suho hissed as he eyed the long traffic of cars ahead of them and bunch of people crowding the area as well as visible camera flashes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter