Tumbler

No Flex Zone

“Where have you been?”

 

My brother were watching the TV, and the living room is in a mess since he ate all the snacks already without even throwing the packs. I bet the moment Mom arrived home, she would yelled at us for the mess. Geez, this guys really doesn’t know how to clean up.

 

“Clean everything, you’re disgusting. Mom’s coming back soon, I don’t want to hear her whine!”

“But she will be late though.”

“But this is Saturday night, why is she doing at work?”

My brother suddenly got up from his position, “Speaking of which… do you realize that Mom has been coming back home late every Saturday night these days?”

“Maybe she’s busy.”

“No. She isn’t busy.”

“Stop thinking about something weird and just clean up!”

“Nara, don’t you realize? She is always bringing home some cakes or foods or anything after Saturday night like she’s just coming back from a date.”

“And the food is always different every week.”

“Bingo!”

 

We both looked at each other for a while, “No way.” I said.

“Mom’s dating someone?”

 

Ding Dong

 

“You.” He said, and quickly jumped back to the sofa.

“Geez.”

 

I was so surprised that Mingyu’s behind the door at this hour. He is wearing his brown coat that looks so warm, and even though the coat is long, it didn’t affect much on him since he is freaking tall. His shiny eyes looked straight to mine that made me unconsciously smiled towards him.

“Hey, what’s bring you here?”

But he frowned his eyebrows, “Why are you still on your uniform?”

“Uh, I just got back. Why?”

“Where are you? Don’t you read my text?”

“My phone’s dead, what is it?”

 

Then I realized that it’s really cold outside and Mingyu’s hands are shaking so much. Stupid, just don’t come out when he knows that the weather is this bad.

 

I grabbed his hand – it’s freaking cold – leading him inside. I told him to just sit in the dining room since my brother is having his lazy time in front of the TV and nobody can disturb him. After making him some hot chocolates, we finally could talk.

 

“What brings you here again?”

He gave me a box, with a tumbler inside. “Wow, this is cute. But, I’m still confused?”

“Seems like your phone is really dead.” He sighed, “I’m going to America tomorrow.”

“America? Tomorrow? Why? What happened?”

“To meet my Mom, Dad finally gave me the permission. It’s just three days though, but if Mom wants me to stay longer, I will.”

“Oh. I thought you’re moving.”

He laughed, “Why? You don’t want me to move?”

“.”

“Then,” he stood up, “Use the tumbler to drink while I’m away since nobody would open the bottle cup for you. But don’t bring it when you are with me, because I can open the bottle cap for you.”

Mingyu sure know how to make me have a butterflies inside my stomach, and smiles uncontrollably. “Okay. Have a safe  –“ then he hugged me, “trip.”

 

He looks really excited while talking about his Mom. Sure, he has never meet her for eighteen years because of his Dad, and when the time finally comes he wouldn’t waste it. I hope he really meets his Mom and it will heal his eighteen years old pain.

 

It must be to not even be able to remember his Mom’s face, he doesn’t even know how she sounds. Even though he doesn’t even know why his Dad suddenly give him the permission to meet his Mom. But it’s actually an enough cause for him to be happy.

 

And now I have to spend my school life by myself while Mingyu’s away. I hope nobody will pick a fight with me, because I really have a bad temper, just honestly speaking.

 

***

 

Sunday morning and my Mom is already cooking while singing happily in the kitchen. Seems like she is really meeting someone, judging from her happy face these days. She’s usually grumpy, whining about anything, and just yell at us for nothing. But she’s really calm these days?

 

And for God’s sake, she’s also playing with flowers often. Is she going to be florist artist, something like that?

 

“She’s going through second puberty.” My brother whispered to me as he walked passed. I sighed. It’s true that I want her to find somebody else, but I don’t think I’m that ready to have a new Dad or whatever he would be later. Especially if he is not going to make my Mom stop working like a crazy.

 

What makes us more surprised is that she even decorated the breakfast? I mean, this toast is filled with rainbow jams?

 

“I’m going to Jeju until Monday, so you have to take care of yourself.”

“With who?”

“With a friend.” She usually answered that she’s going to work but now she said that she’s going with a friend? Great. I’m one hundred percent sure that she is going with her boyfriend. “Don’t bring your girlfriend sleep here while I’m away, don’t forget to drive your sister to the school, don’t fight with her, don’t -”

“It’s not like your first time to leave us anyway.” He said, “And she also has a boyfriend. You have to tell her the same thing, Mom.”

“Boyfriend? Who’s your boyfriend, Nara?”

I didn’t answer. “Mom, do you have a boyfriend?”

And she didn’t answer either. “Don’t sleep with your girlfriend, Jongin. And don’t sleep with your boyfriend, Nara. I will leave at nine.”

 

Sure she wouldn’t answer it. I shouldn’t have asked her in the first place.

 

I love how Wonwoo decided to spend his Sunday with me when he is literally doing nothing while I’m studying in my room. I told him that I have to study since I’m in a senior year so I couldn’t be a girlfriend who could spend my times dating with him every time. And he agreed, he said that he wants me to get accepted at Seoul University.

 

His appearance, his attitude, and even his hobby really made me forget that he is attending KAIST. Just like my brother, both of them really don’t have any face of KAIST’ student, really. I almost forget that Wonwoo is also a smartass.

 

And that fierce eyes really hides the reality that he is such a cutie. Just look what’s he doing now, rolling left and right while hugging my pillow on my bed. I know that he’s bored but he doesn’t even mention it even once to me.

 

Actually my brother is already at home, but he is bringing his girlfriend. That’s why Wonwoo doesn’t want to in between them and just waiting for me instead. I bet Mom would be stressed looking at how her children didn’t even listen to her words about the ‘don’t bring your boyfriend and girlfriend while I’m away’ thing.

 

“Why don’t you meet Jongin’s girlfriend? They are watching movies though.”

“She is Mina’s friend, I hate girls’ blabbermouth.”

 

Seems like he really doesn’t want to get involved with his ex anymore.

 

“Can I turn on some music?” he asked.

“Sure, just don’t play rock music. I’m studying, you know.”

He laughed, “Of course, I’m going to play this song.”

 

And he played Sweater Weather from The Neighborhood. I closed the book, laying my body next to him as he wrapped his arms around me. “My favorite song.” I stated.

“You know that this sweater weather is really fit for cuddling, not studying, you know?”

I laughed, “Oh, that’s why you are playing this song so I could stop studying?”

“I don’t say that.”

 

***

 

School without Mingyu, and it’s already on the first day. Since nobody annoys me like he does, and nobody is staying by my side for every seconds. I know that I’m really into him these days, but I really can’t help it. He is the only one I got at school, I really don’t have any friend here.

 

“Kim Nara,” Nayeon suddenly stopped me from walking, with her arms folded in front of her chest. This crazy .

“What?”

“Where’s Mingyu?”

“Not your goddamn business, Park Nayeon.”

“And do you think Mingyu is one of your business, Kim Nara?”

“Move.” I pushed her, but he pulled my hair. “Aw! What are you doing, ?”

“Stop seducing Mingyu, he is mine!”

I also pulled her hair, “Seducing? Do you need mirror, huh?”

“Stop pulling my hair!”

“You pulled mine first!”

 

People are gathering around us and my feeling is really bad this time. The teacher came, separating us, and of course – punishing us. I hate her whole existence, but now I have to stand in the corridor side by side with her while holding hands for damn two hours.

 

“Just if you didn’t pull my hair.” She said.

“Huh? You are the one who pulled my hair first, Nayeon!”

“Because you pushed me!”

“And that’s because you picked a fight with me!”

 

“Park Nayeon, Kim Nara! I have told you that if you’re continue to fight, you have to call your parents!”

“My Mom is in Jeju though.”

“So is my Dad, he is working.”

“Then don’t fight!” the teacher yelled at us before finally leaving. Oh , he is scary.

“Yah! Your phone is ringing, deaf!” Nayeon slapped my arms.

I slapped her back, “I know!”

 

“Hello? Oh? You are already back? Why is it so short? Okay, I will text you later.”

 

“Who is that?”

I scoffed, “Mingyu.”

“Mingyu? Why is he calling you?”

 

Why is he coming back so soon? I mean the flight itself is really long and tiring, and I thought he is going to spend his times longer with his Mom there? Did something bad happens? Or is it just my bad feelings?

 

“Yah! Answer me! What did Mingyu said to you?” Nayeon kept bothering me, but my mind is not at the right state.

 

I hope Mingyu’s okay.

 

***

a/n; i updated again i'm so proud of myself ;-; AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY #TEAMMINGYU i thought you are all #TEAMWONWOO LOL does mingyu screwed you up or what lol (because he literally screwed me). and i also confused between #TEAMMINGYU and #TEAMWONWOO i thought we are all going to #STOPMINGYU2k16 lol seems like that kid is unstopable;')