Reconciled

No Flex Zone

I know that he doesn’t feel really good to attend the wedding, but he has no choice. He has to be a gentleman, and show up in front of the couple. “I want to tell them to be happy, I want to tell Sehun to take care of Soojung, and tell them that I’m okay.” He said.

 

Soojung is really beautiful on her wedding gown even though she couldn’t hide that she’s carrying a baby on her stomach, but she’s really happy. When my brother and her eyes met, I knew that both of them needs a time to talk with each other. “I will be waiting outside.” I said, bids a goodbye to them.

 

But when I walked out, someone was looking at me while holding his wine glass, then walked closer to me. “Nara,” he greeted. “how are you?”

“I’m fine, thank you. How are you, Wonwoo?”

“I’m also fine.” He answered. “Can we talk? I just need a few minutes.”

 

I followed him outside, and that’s the first time we looked at each other’s eyes like this since the last time we met.

 

“I’m really sorry, Nara. I was selfish, and I thought I was the only victim. You know, I’m stupid as soon as I opened my mouth.”

“I know, but you were right. I was wrong to cheat on you and let you felt like you’re the one who did wrong when I actually did the same to you.”

“Am I forgiven now?”

I nodded, “You need to treat me some coffees though, to make up.”

“Sure. I will have to get a permission from Mina first then.” He laughed.

“I know. How’s Mina? Are you happy now with her?”

“Right now she’s in Tokyo for a photoshoot, and yeah, I’m glad that I’m happy with her. Next month is going to be our sixth year anniversary.”

 

It’s kind of weird to talk about this thing with my ex-boyfriend, but I’m also glad that we could talk like this again. And I’m glad that he is happy with Mina. After all those things that they shared, that happened to them, even after I wrongly came to their relationship, I’m glad that they’re still going strong.

 

And I hope they will make a cute baby.

 

“Congratulation!”

“Thank you, Nara. How about you and Mingyu?”

“We broke up.”

“Ah, so that’s why your brother said that he has to drive you here and there now since you are single now and have nobody to walk with you.”

“But he also has no one to walk with.”

“You two should stop fighting, really.” He laughed, again. Then continued, “By the way, I heard that your graduation is next month? My friend is the event organizer for the prom night.”

 

Graduation, and prom night. I should’ve be with Mingyu on my graduation and prom night. But it seems like he’s going with Nayeon instead, and I’m going with Mino. This is absurd.

***

 

It’s been more than two weeks and the unknown messages haven’t stop bombarding my phone. It’s seems like the sender really wants to see me fail in my college entrance exam? The sender sure knows that this is my last chance to get into Seoul University, and how my life would be a mess if I couldn’t pass the exam.

 

So, these days I just my phone whenever I need to contact someone, and leaving the messages unread.

 

So many people gathered in front of the gate, mainly the students’ family who cheered for them. My brother told me to get out of the car since the test is going to start soon, but something’s holding me. The fear that’s always hiding inside me is now finally coming out.

 

“I don’t think Mingyu will take the test if you are still here.” He said.

“What do you mean?”

He pointed to Mingyu, who’s standing in front of the gate while looking at our car. “I think he is waiting for you?”

“No way, he is waiting for someone else.”

“Okay,” he shrugged, “if you don’t want to take the test, I’m going to take you with me to my university since I also have a class, Kim Nara.”

“Fine.”

“Good luck.”

“Thank you.”

 

I was trying to pretend like I didn’t see him but surprisingly, Mingyu walked towards my direction and stopped right in front of me. We exchanged gaze for a seconds, and it’s a relief to see his smile at this situation. “Good luck.” He said.

“You too.”

 

He replied with a smile then walked leaving me behind. But I’m glad that at least he’s aware that he is the one who was always on mind, and also the one that made me scared all the time. I don’t care if he’s really coming back to his old self or just wanted me to feel relived since we had to take the exam.

 

I don’t care, I swear. Seeing his smile this morning is enough for me.

 

People are really crazy to the point that they didn’t want to talk with anyone before the test ended. I might be one of them if I never met Mingyu, though. I was really ambitious, and no one could stop me. but after meeting him, I realized that everything is not just about our satisfy feeling, it’s also about the happiness, the other feeling that we could get.

 

Because if I kept chasing for my satisfy feeling, there’s really no end. Human beings will not ever get satisfied no matter what, because we are greedy. And that greed will lead us to a big problem if we couldn’t handle it.

 

Like what happened to me.

 

After finishing the exam, I went to a near coffee shop since the aroma really could heal my mind. Since I dated Mingyu, we always went to a coffee shop because he really loves coffee and the aroma of the coffee always reminded me of him.

 

“How was the exam?”

 

My eyes opened really wide when I saw him suddenly sitting in front of me, placed the coffee on the table. I couldn’t move my body, and almost forgot to breath. This is crazy.

 

He waved his hands in front of my face, “Are you okay?”

“I – I’m okay.”

“How was the exam?”

“What are you doing?” I asked him, and his expression changed so fast.

Then he smirked, “Actually I have something to tell you.” He said, while playing with the cup.

“Tell me.”

“The one who kept sending the messages to you was Nayeon. I just found out and realized that she will never be better. I’m saying sorry on her behalf. Her intention was really stupid, and she really should stop.”

 

Just how importance their relationship is that Mingyu is even apologized to me on her behalf? Am I missing something here?

 

 

“And about all those messages and picture, yes, you know that I kissed her, aand went to a motel straight after that. I was tipsy and she was really drunk, and do you think I could send her home like that?”

“And I don’t want to know about what you two were doing inside, Mingyu.”

“I know you would think that I did something to her but I swear I didn’t do anything. When I told you that I just kissed her in the club, I was telling you the truth. After booked a room for her, I left and slept at Seungcheol’s place. I know you wouldn’t believe me though.”

“And what’s your intention to telling me those?”

“I just don’t want you to think that I’m a liar, or anything else.”

 

One thing that kept floating on my mind was, he gave Nayeon chances after chances, even after he knew that Nayeon will never be better. But he avoided me right after I got caught lying to him twice.

 

I was never his priority, and I denied it for a long time already.

 

Then he continued, “I was harsh to you, blaming everything to you, because honestly, I’m really disappointed in you.”

“I know.”

“But I don’t want you to live like this. I mean, I want you to be happy. And right now, I’m begging to you.”

 

He should’ve known that my happiness is him, though.

 

“Do you still want to wait for me?”

“For you to?”

“For me to fix this rotten personality so I wouldn’t hurt you anymore in the future when all you did was just trying to fix my relationship with my own mom, so I wouldn’t receive it in a wrong way anymore.”

 

Is this what they called an after effect of college entrance exam? I mean, people are going crazy because of the exam, am I also the one? Did I hear right? Mingyu is indirectly giving us another chance?

 

“You know, time heals, like what you’ve said,” he smiled, “We need some times, I really don’t want to repeat this anymore in the future.”

I nodded, “Yes, time does heal, Mingyu. I will wait for you.”

 

Here, in our favorite coffee shop where we shared all the stories together, we finally reconciled as a friend. He felt sorry for treating me badly, and I also felt sorry for lying to him. I believed that if we’re mean to be together, we will find a way no matter what.

 

And here, in our favorite coffee shop, he raised my hope again that one day he would definitely come back to me no matter what. He just wants me to wait, that’s all.

***

a/n; i really want to make wonwoo happy, is this enough? where's the #TEAM?<3