A Big Mess

No Flex Zone

“Stop joking around, Mingyu.”

 

He kept messing with his hair and I found it really hot?

 

“See? You are always saying that I’m joking. Do I really look like someone who jokes around about this thing? Why would I be by your side for the whole time if I was joking around?”

“But can’t you say it in a better way?”

Walking closer to me, bending down to reach my height, “I’ve said it many times, in so many ways, but your answer were all the same. Seems like you’re thinking of me as a joke, Kim Nara.” He said, and left me behind.

 

No. I’ve never thought of him as a joke. He’s always been my only one to keep being strong. I know that I should’ve told him earlier about Wonwoo so we could be just a friend after that. But I lost him instead because I was so greedy.

 

Looking at his back walking away from hurts me so much, remembering how he was always been by my side for the whole time. And I realized that this might be our end, and we might start from the square one again.

 

“This is not what I’ve planned, though.”

 

I was really shocked when Kwon Byul appeared, and saying things like that. Don’t say that she was eavesdropping for the whole time?

 

“I don’t have times to fight with you, Kwon Byul.”

“Just if you ditched Wonwoo in the first place, you won’t lost Mingyu.”

“Are you trying to act like helping me now, huh? I know that both of you and Nayeon are trying to make Mingyu and also the whole world to hate me. And you’re succeed now, happy?”

I was about to walk away but she was shouting, and it made me stopped. “I was the one who invited Mina to party, because I want you to at least leave Wonwoo, for you to at least choose one of them! It hurts seeing you confused and broken because of them, Nara.”

“Stop acting like you care about me!”

“Actually I was going to forgive everything since people makes mistake, but seems like you’re an exception. Do you think you can do anything by yourself now that you don’t have anyone even Mingyu? Fix your rotten personalities first, Kim Nara.”

 

Then she stopped, looking back at me, “Oh, and you are not that different with Nayeon, to be honest. Stop acting like you are all better than your soon-to-be sibling.”

 

I fell to my knee unconsciously, and crying my heart out since it’s so damn hurt right now. I kept telling myself to don’t worry about anything, to just live my life normally, but everything seems to turn their back at ma lately, and I was kind of tired.

 

Now that I don’t even have Mingyu by my side means I don’t have anything to feel sorry at Wonwoo, and, isn’t it what I wanted? But everything feels so wrong, like everything’s not in the right place, everything is so scattered everywhere.

 

***

 

I always love rain, but this morning is different. I thought it’s not going to be raining and I also forgot to bring my umbrella, but it was raining so hard when I was walking to the bus station. I had no choice but running since the bus station is just meters away. But my eyes met with someone who’s folding his umbrella in the station.

 

Kim Mingyu just acted like we don’t know each other, standing side by side with me, without even saying anything. My uniform was wet and I didn’t even bring my jacket, oh and also forgot to wear stockings.

 

Back then, he would punish me whenever I forgot to wear jacket and stockings, then covering my thighs with his jacket while sitting on the bus. But now, we are even sitting far away from each other, and I kept looking at his direction.

 

I can’t believe that back then he really did everything to get my attention, but now, his eyes won’t even look at me. Seems like even his patience has its limit, and I have to accept it since it was entirely my fault.

 

“Don’t worry, Nara. Everything’s going to be okay.” I said to myself while looking to another direction, stopping myself from looking at him.

 

Seems like he doesn’t mind about parting away with me since he originally has so many friends with him, and girl chases after him. I was braving myself to walk to his desk, with his friends around him. “Mingyu,” I called. And they are all automatically looking at me.

“Yes?” he answered.

I gave him a paper bag with his uniform on it. Because he left it at my place when he was drenched in rain and wore my brother’s clothes back then. “Your uniform.”

He took it, “Thank you.” Then continued talking with his friend, giving me his back already.

“Wow, how did you do to left your uniform with her?” Vernon asked.

“I borrowed her brother’s clothes since mine was drenched in rain. It’s nothing though.” He answered, without even looking at me.

 

Sure it was nothing, he didn’t lie to his friends. But the way he behaved really made me hurt. And people started to realize that Mingyu finally dumped me, and I really have no one now. I could keep my grades now but no one is going to congratulate me since Nayeon turned me into a public enemy.

 

“Kim Nara, you are first place again for this test, and also few points ahead Kim Mingyu, again.”

 

People were trying to cheer Mingyu up since it’s not the first time he lost a few points to me. I kept holding the tumbler that he gave to me, hoping that people would stop talking about how Mingyu’s such a mess because of when I was the one who’s in a big mess.

 

I hate it when I don’t bring my umbrella and it’s raining all day. And when is it going to stop? I have to go to the study group and not even my Mom, my Brother or even Wonwoo could pick me up. Just where the hell is Wonwoo? He is disappearing for a whole day without even giving me a single text.

 

“Take this with you.” Mingyu suddenly giving me his umbrella, and I kept staring at his cold face. “Take this with you.” He repeated.

 

I couldn’t even answer him since I was too busy to think, why is he suddenly being nice at me when he’s also need the umbrella?

 

“Let’s use it together.”

“I don’t need to.” He said.

“But –“

 

He let the umbrella fall to the ground, “Use it.” And walked away from me under the rain.

 

I took the umbrella from the ground while holding back my tears, because it’s not the umbrella that he threw to the ground; but my heart and also my pride. Why is he being so mean at me? Isn’t it too much?

 

***

a/n; i'm starting the new semester in uni and i might be busy with my thesis, but i will try to update this story often for you <3 and bad mingyu is always be my imaginary crush lol i hope you dont mind with some of bad mingyu