Camp

No Flex Zone

“Are you close to him?”

I nodded, “I even know everything that happened to him when he went to America back then to see you.”

“He told you everything?”

“Yes, and I don’t think he wants to meet you at this time. Ma’am. He is not  in a good state… you know, he might be angry if he found out that I’m talking to you. I don’t even need to tell you why, right?”

She looked sad, and how she wouldn’t feel sad? She wanted to meet her son, but he refused to meet her. Just like she refused to meet him back then. “Then, can you help me?”

“…Sure.”

She gave me a name card with her phone number written on it, “Text me your number, and I will call you later. By the way, what’s your name?”

“Kim Nara.”

“Do you really want to help me, Nara?”

“Of course, Ma’am. But… you better leave now before –“

 

My bad feeling was right, Mingyu pulled me behind his back, didn’t even let me to look at his Mom.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to stop following me?”

“Mingyu!” I tried to stop him because he was yelling at his own Mom, and it was really scary, his Mom even looked like she was about to cry. But he dragged me away without even saying anything, he didn’t even let me to look back.

 

“You know how much I hate her, Nara!”

“But she is still your Mom, Mingyu.”

“After all the things that she did to me, do you think I can forgive her that easily?”

“Yes, you don’t hate her, Mingyu. You missed her as much as you did back then, you just disappointed in her a little.”

“A little?”

“Forget it, you have to fix your mind. Avoiding your Mom isn’t a right thing at all.”

 

I walked away from him but he didn’t even follow me. Is he really going to be the one who get mad when this is not even my fault? And as usual, I would be the one who’s pleading for an apology?

 

And we are going on camping tomorrow, what a great timing, Kim Mingyu.

 

I was really curios on what happened to Mingyu’s Mom that she even went all the here to Korea to meet Mingyu, and even followed him around even though Mingyu rejected her all the time. And the fact that Mingyu’s Dad allowed him to sleep over at Seungcheol’s house almost everyday means that he knew about Mingyu’s Mom being here.

 

Sure, his Dad knows how rotten Mingyu’s personality is that he couldn’t help but allowing him to leave the house while his Mom’s in Korea.

 

I know that I have a rotten personality as well, and I’m also spoiled sometimes. But after seeing Mingyu, I know that he’s far worse than me. That sometimes he couldn’t behave in some situations.

 

At least I could acted like I accepted Nayeon as my soon-to-be step sibling.

 

“So, what’s your relationship with Mingyu?”

 

Mingyu’s Mom and I have been talking on the phone for almost thirty hours and all she did was asking about what food Mingyu likes, what allergic that he has, what kind of friends that he has at school and all.

 

And it’s ironic how a Mom doesn’t even know anything about her son. Because she left him when he was just few days old, and I thought it was so mean. I couldn’t ask the reason because I’m afraid it would cross the line since we just talked today.

 

“Actually, Mingyu is my boyfriend and we’ve dated for… few months?”

“So, my son already has a girlfriend? And I’m glad that it’s you, Nara.”

“Thank you, Ma’am.”

“No, I should be the one who says thank you to you for telling me things about Mingyu. I’m really happy to know at least a little thing about my own son.”

“Oh, and we are going on camping for three days and two nights starting tomorrow, so you don’t have to follow him around or even call him, because we won’t get any phone signal there anyway.”

“Okay, take care, Nara. And please make sure that Migyu’s also okay, can you help me?”

“Sure, Ma’am!”

“Good night, Nara.”

“Good night, Ma’am.”

 

She told me to inform her anything about Mingyu, and even though she really wants to meet him, she won’t force anything. She’s going to stay in Korea for  a long time now that her husband is on a break, and for me it’s such a waste for her to just seeing Mingyu from a far.

 

Even though she made mistakes in the past, but at least she’s trying to fix it all, right? Mingyu’s still disappointed in her, and I don’t think he would be healed in such a short time since he doesn’t even want to talk about his Mom.

 

Well, I hope that he will open his heart soon for his Mom, it’s hard to see her suffer because of Mingyu. Because I know it well, that being refused by Mingyu is difficult as hell.

 

Just like now, he’s not even talking to me and just singing happily with his friends like nothing happened between us yesterday. I’ve tried to talk with him but he just responded shortly, then walking away from me.

 

Everyone in the bus were singing happily and it’s just me who’s looking at the window gloomily. Seems like this camping will be .

 

“What happened to you and that Mingu bingu chingu again now?” Kwon Byul asked, as she gave me a piece of chocolate.

“Kwon Byul, why is it always me? I mean, even though it’s his fault, I was always be the one who got dumped, and I had to kneel for an apology. Shouldn’t he be the one who run after me?”

“Well, it’s called the wheel of life, Nara. He used to be the one who followed you around even when you rejected him or even cursed at him, and I wasn’t going to mention thus but whatever, you were two timing him but he’s staying by your side. Seems like he’s asking for some payback? All what you did was nothing compared to the patience that he had all the time for you, Nara.”

“So, it’s okay for him to get mad at me all the time?”

She shrugged, “Or maybe he just has that extremely rotten personality and I’m thankful that Vernon doesn’t have that.”

“Or you just haven’t found out about that?”

“Maybe? Because we rarely fight, and I’m afraid to make him angry or stress. You know, he has asthma, and I really have to take care of him.”

“Oh, Man! You have to make sure that he brings inhaler everywhere!”

“I even got the spare one from his Mom, you know, he’s really forgetful. And I’m afraid of the cold in the mountain now.”

“Don’t worry, he has his friends around him, and also the teachers.”

“What about Mingyu? Does he have any?”

I smiled, looking at him who’s playing around with his friends. “You can just leave him in a deserted island and he will be okay. You know, Mingyu can do anything that you don’t have to be worry about him.”

 

I was right. Mingyu can do anything. He’s in charge of making the tent, cooking, and even making a firewood. Even the teachers were amazed at how capable Mingyu is. He admitted that it’s his first time to do those, but still, he’s the best than anyone.

 

I tried to approach him who’s still trying to make the firewood, and he looked at me, but still didn’t say anything.

 

“Let me help you.”

“You’re just going to hurt yourself.” He said, coldly.

“When will you stop ignoring me?”

“I’m not ignoring you, though.”

“You are.”

He scanned me from head to toe, then took of his jacket, giving it to me. “I should’ve packed your things yesterday. Who told you to bring that thin jacket to the mountain? Do you want to die?”

“What about you? You didn’t wear any jacket after giving it to me!”

“I’m making a fire, I’m warm enough.”

I gave him the jacket, “I don’t need this.”

“But it’s really cold and it’s the nighttime, Nara!”

 

Then someone suddenly shouted from a far, making both Mingyu and I stopped our fight.

 

“Mingyu!” Seungcheol was the one who shouted, “Vernon! His asthma! He doesn’t bring his inhaler!”

“ that idiot!”

“Kwon Byul brought the spare inhaler, I’m going to wake her up.”

They nodded, “Hurry up!”

 

I woke her up and we ran to Vernon’s tent right away, and I was amazed at how Kwon Byul taking care of Vernon, and seems like it wasn’t the first time. She was worried but she didn’t show it in front of Vernon since it’d make him worse.

 

But, really, no wonder Vernon caught his asthma since the weather is extremely cold here and the boys were working really hard since we arrived. He was also making the fire but still feel cold, and I wonder if Mingyu was lying about him feeling warm? Because right now, I’m wearing two jackets and still feeling really cold.

 

“I’m okay, don’t cry.” Vernon was Kwon Byul’s hair, then pulling her into a hug.

“I’m not crying you idiot you forgot your inhaler!” But he laughed, and that made Kwon Byul punched his arms so many times, “How could you laugh, huh?”

“It’s because you’re pretty.”

“Okay, I’m out.” Seungcheol walked out of the tent, followed by Joshua then Mingyu followed him and I had no choice but following Mingyu.

 

Since there are too many students, the teachers told them to make few firewood and now they’re all busy with their own activity in front of their own firewood. And Mingyu’s still couldn’t finish his firewood since we ran to Vernon just now.

 

Other students were impatient and just coming to the available firewood, leaving Mingyu who’s still working hard on his firewood, with me by his side.

 

“I’m sorry, I was too much.” He said, still trying to ignite the fire.

I gave him his jacket back, put it on his shoulder. “I know, you were too much. But I really don’t want to fight with you.”

He finally smiled, “Why?”

“It’s tiring.”

“I know,” he pulled me into a hug. “It’s also tiring to be far away from you.”

I pushed him, “Mingyu! What if the teacher found out?”

“Oh, right. Then what about tonight? Let’s runaway until the dawn.”

“Is it really okay?”

“Of course, the teachers would be sleeping, and the others students are probably doing it too.”

 

So we finally agreed to meet after the teachers checked us, and Kwon Byul told me that she also has a plan to runaway until dawn with Vernon, that’s mean it’s not only Mingyu and I. He texted me that he’s waiting in front of the firewood and telling me to hurry up, but I couldn’t find my shoes.

 

I remembered last time that I placed it right in front of the tent? But it’s gone now. And my flip flops is also gone, what the hell? How could someone stole both my shoes and my flip flops?

 

To: Ming~gu

My shoes and my flip flops are gone!!! !!! !! askjdaldk !!!

 

From: Ming~gu

Wait, just wear mine

 

Then he came to my tent, giving me his flip flops that’s too big for my feet but it’s okay since I don’t have anything to wear. Although it’s really dangerous for him to come to girls’ tent, but he really didn’t think twice to come, and he’s still calm as usual.

 

“Come on.” He offered his hand, and I grabbed it. Then we walked away, tip toeing so the teachers wouldn’t hear us.

 

So, there’s a lake here,  quiet far from our camp but the scenery is really beautiful. I wonder how could Mingyu found out about this place in a short time? He’s really genius!

 

We were sitting on the grass, with my head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me. Looking at the dark sky with bright stars, talking about everything, and laughing at even unfunny things.

 

“… and she even called me a fckboy after that incident.”

“I’ve heard that, Nayeon had told the whole school about you being a boy.”

“Do you believe that? I just kissed her, how could I be that?”

 

I know that I have to believe in him, and I decided to just stop thinking too far. Since I’ve always questioned their relationship, because something more than just a kiss might be happened at that time, that made Nayeon wanted to kill me for dating Mingyu now.

 

I decided to just believe in whatever he says.

 

“Do you really like hugging me that much?” he’s hugging me, again, and I’m not going to complaint since I love being hugged by him.

Then he kissed my lips, “I love kissing you more.”

 

I didn’t say anything after that as we deepened the kiss with his hands all over my body and I clutched to his shirt, tight. Now I moved to his lap, so we could have a closer position and he seemed to be satisfied at what I did.

 

His body was warm, and always is. That’s why I really love hugging him that I don’t even need a hotpack when I’m with him. Kim Mingyu, my personal hot pack.

 

“Sshh.., stop kissing me, Mingyu!” we are now in front of my tent since it’s almost dawn, and he really couldn’t stop kissing me.

“Alright. Let’s meet in few hours.” He whispered, then letting me to enter the tent.

 

But what surprised me was that both my shoes and my flip flops were in their original position. I don’t understand this, so the thief gave me back the shoes and the flip flops? What is the motives behind all of this?

 

Is that mean someone’s watching me”

***

a/n; i just watched svt one fine day and found out that vernon brough his inhaler means he has asthma ;____; and as expected mingyu's doing everything lol that boy really can do everything his parents must be proud of him /and his wife is also lucky/ /extremely lucky/ /how to be his wife/ /crying in da corner/