Pitiful

No Flex Zone

 

“Oh, she’s still alive. I’m going to leave now.” Mingyu said, before actually leaving the room and sadly, I couldn’t even run after him because of this injury.

“I think you two need a time to talk, I’m going to catch Mingyu.”

“Listen, Nara-“

“No.” I cut his word, “You’re the one who needs to listen, Wonwoo. Do you think I’m suffering now that I’m not with you anymore? No. I’m a lot happier without you. And who do you think you are to think that you have a reason to cheat on me?”

“Because you’re still childish, ambitious, and blew up my phone whenever I’m busy. And I was right, you cheated on me.”

“And what do you think I should have done? You were disappearing often, then came out in the next day like nothing happened. I was worried about you, but you turned out to be on vacation with her. Tell me the reason why I shouldn’t blow up your phone when you were disappearing for like a weeks? Do you think I can wait for you forever? There’s a time for me to feel like giving up, Wonwoo. You were never in love with me, and you shouldn’t waste my time for it. You are pitiful, Jeon Wonwoo.”

He scoffed, “But still, you started your relationship with him in an unhealthy way. It will ended up in an unhealthy way, too.”

 

It was hard for me to hold back my tears after Wonwoo left the room. It felt like he was stepping on my pride, insulting me, saying that the mess was because of me, and he was right to cheat on me. He didn’t know that my heart was broken into pieces when I saw him making out with her, when I found out that he’s on vacation with her.

 

He didn’t know that it was hard for me to sleep whenever he’s disappearing after meeting me. What if something happened to him? Where is he? Is he okay? And he’s angry because I blew up his phone?

 

I know that five years relationship is not an easy thing to forget, and she has always been his comfort zone. It’s like wearing his favorite clothes over and over again because he already loved it so much, and comfortable with it. I understood. I was trying to think positively, thinking how it would be if I were on his shoes.

 

But what did he just do to me? Ever since out first met, I knew that Wonwoo isn’t really good with his words, but all the things that he just said to me was just simply stupid that I couldn’t even forgive easily.

 

I shouldn’t have told him that I also cheated on him, I should’ve let him feel sorry to me for the rest of his life instead.

 

And now Mingyu is also disappointed in me because I lied to him. What a great day.

 

“We’re going home after the administration is complete.” My brother came to the room, sitting on the chair beside my bed. “Are you okay now?”

“Terrible.”

“Which one?”

“Everything.”

 

Then I looked at his eyes, and I remembered how he is suffering more than me.

 

“What about you?”

He looked at me, frowning, “Me?”

“Yes. Are you okay?”

“Terrible.” He said.

“Which one?”

“Everything.”

“Is that really Sehun’s baby and not yours?”

 

He sighed, looking down to the floor. Oh, God. My dear brother.

 

“It’s definitely Sehun’s.”

“Why are you so sure about it?”

“Because I have never slept with Soojung. I swear.”

 

And I was shocked by his answer.

 

“Oh my God, are you sure? But, why?”

“Yes, we’ve slept side by side, but I’ve never did anything to her. Because I’ve known her since junior high school, I’ve met her parents and also her sister, they love her and raised her so well, and how could I mess with her after knowing that? Even though we’ve dated for a long time already, but nobody knows who will be her future husband, right? Oh, I was right, she is going to marry that bastard.”

 

I didn’t know my brother is that responsible, and I hope someone will think about me like how my brother thinks of Soojung. I hope.

 

Then he continued, “The most important thing is, I have you as my little sister. I don’t want some bastards to mess with you then dump you right away. I don’t even want to think about it. Mom raised you so well even without a help from Dad, and how could some guys mess with your future? I don’t want anyone to hurt you, that’s why I’m trying my best to be responsible to Soojung. Long story short, I don’t want you to receive the karma from the sins that I committed.”

“Oppa, can I hug you?”

He stood up then hugged me, and I cried on his arms. “Don’t worry, I’ve tried to talk with Mingyu. I just let him to cool down.”

“Stop thinking about me, stupid!” I hit his chest, “Think about your miserable life, too.”

“I’m glad, though. Because Soojung finally found someone that she really loves. Even after our four years relationship, we can’t avoid the fate. She’s fated to be with Sehun, not me.”

 

I was crying for him, not for me. I was crying because my brother is suffering, and broken-hearted. I was crying because my brother was acting like he’s strong and all because he is the only man in our family. And we almost forgot that he is just one year older than me, because he played a part as a Dad in our family.

 

“Do you remember when we were still a kid, you were always protecting me from those annoying boys at school?”

He nodded, “Then we started growing up, puberty, dating, and all. And we started to fight everyday.”

“I hated it when I introduced my boyfriend and you started acting like Dad, telling me to go home faster.”

“I was just worried. My little sister is dating already? Is she dating the right boy?”

“You are just a year older than me for God’s sake.”

 

My brother was finally smiling, and I’m glad to see his smile. Don’t be sad, brother, you have me even when the whole world hates you.

***

 

“You can’t even walk properly, why are you forcing yourself to go to school?” Kwon Byul was yelling at me while helping me to walk to the class. “And how could this happened?”

“I’ve said that I feel down the stairs.”

“I know that there’s something behind it.”

 

Kwon Byul might hate the fact that I lied to her, and I met Wonwoo behind her. Because he hates Wonwoo so much after knowing all about him.

 

“But you’re going to hate me if I tell you the truth.”

“You met Wonwoo? No?”

 

I didn’t answer. And her expression changed.

 

“I can’t believe you lied to me, Kim Nara!”

I grabbed her wrist, “Listen to me first, I don’t want you to walk away before listening to my explanation again, Kwon Byul. I didn’t lie to you, well, partly. I did met with Mingyu’s Mom because it was her birthday, then I went to the study group with Mingyu…, and went with Wonwoo after that. But I was meeting him to tell the truth, just that.”

“You lied to everyone, that’s why you injured your leg.”

“I know, there’s a price that I have to pay. I don’t even know how could Mingyu went straight to the hospital and got mad after that. But really, I felt relieved after meeting Wonwoo. Because I’ve got to know that he’s pitiful, and I shouldn’t care about him anymore.”

“You really shouldn’t.” she said, “and Mingyu’s playing soccer with his friends as usual. Do you want me to walk you there?”

“It’s okay, I’m going to walk slowly there.”

 

I was walking slowly and still in a pain. With my healthy leg, walking from the class to the field was really nothing. But with my injured leg, I felt like walking to China already. I felt like losing my leg already.

 

Kwon Byul was right, Mingyu’s playing soccer with his friends and I waited for him on my usual spot, holding towel and water for him. Seems like he is not as mad as yesterday? Since he talked and laughed a lot with his friends, and he seemed happy, too.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t be too worried about him?

 

The game was ended and his team won. I smiled when he walked to my direction, and was about to give the towel and drink for him since he looked exhausted.

 

But my smile faded away quickly when he just walked passed me, didn’t even look at my eyes, like we didn’t know each other. I just stood up like a statue, thinking how pitiful I am. I can’t even cry, my heart was like being stabbed by a knife, and it must be really hurt for Mingyu to know that I lied to him yesterday; to found out that I’m in a hospital with my ex without him knowing.

 

All he knew was I went to sleep after he walked me home, but I went with my ex instead.

 

Now that all of this happened, I felt like I’m going to beg for an apology, and he wouldn’t make it easy.

***

a/n; i've told you, just go with #TEAMJONGIN instead because things got complicated lol