Beautiful Moment

No Flex Zone

“The best graduate for this year is Kim Nara,” Everyone were clapping for me as I walked to the stage, receiving the awards from the principal. “She has the best specs ever since entering the school, she once dropped to second place but quickly climbed up again to be the first place. Student Kim Nara even got invitation to compete with nation’s best students in Korea for Seoul University’s National Debate Championship, and it was a really big honor for our school to have a student like her. We wish you to have a bright future, and be the best.”

 

 

They clapped again, and I saw my Mom wiped her tears. I know that I shouldn’t cry right now because I have to speak, but really, I couldn’t control the tears.

 

“Truth to be said, I didn’t think that I would be the best graduate since I’ve been through my hardest time these days. I was trying my best to study since that’s the only thing that I can do and I lost on the championship, so I felt scared. I want to thank my family for always being by my side even in my ups and downs, my late father who is in heaven right now, and also my friends. One thing that I want to tell you all is, you can’t do anything by yourself. No matter how smart you are, or how strong you are, there are so many pair of hands that’s ready to help you and trust me, you need them. Let’s forget our hard times, and have fun tonight in the prom night!”

 

The graduation ended, and my Mom is still crying even after I told her to stop. A single parent who’s always working hard in everything. Being a Mom also a Dad for her two kids is not a simple thing to do. My goal since the start is just to make my Mom proud, and this is just a little present from me. I want everyone to look at Mom and think that she is awesome, that’s all.

 

I can see that Nayeon’s Dad is trying to approach me but still a little timid because the other parents doesn’t know that he is dating my Mom, that me and Nayeon are going to live under the same roof in few months.

 

Walking first to him and smiled, “Hello, Mr. Park.”

“Congratulation, Nara.” He said while patting my head then gave me a bouquet of flowers. “Don’t worry I also give one to Nayeon so she wouldn’t throw a tantrum here.”

“Can I hug you?”

 

He was cofused but then nodded. I hugged him, the one who will be my Dad in few months, the one who’s protecting my Mom for all this time. I didn’t even remember how it was to hug my Dad, and I thanked God because my Mom could meet someone like him.

 

“My Mom is waiting for you, tell her that I’m going to take a cab home so she shouldn’t wait for me.”

 

“Nara!” Kwon Byul, Vernon, Seungcheol, and Joshua approached me and gave me a bouquet of flowers, “Congratulation!” but I didn’t see Mingyu.

“Thank you, but where is Mingyu?”

“He left early,” said Joshua, “to the airport since his Mom is leaving today.”

“His Mom?”

“Yes, he finally used his brain and reconciled with his own Mom.”

 

I was really happy because I became the best graduate, but truthfully, I’m happier to hear that Mingyu finally reconciled with his Mom. After eighteen years, finally a Mom and a Son could reunited, without any misunderstanding between them anymore.

 

I didn’t know what made Mingyu changed his mind, and I don’t care about this. The most important thing is that they are happy now.

 

A long time ago, Mingyu said that he wants to have a Mom to listen to his whine about anything. When he lost while playing soccer, when his Dad doesn’t want to buy him a gundam, or when he broke the Playstation. He wants to tell her every single thing that’s happened, and hear a ‘it’s okay, my Son’ from her.

 

It’s sad how those things happened to him in such a young age.

 

“Kim Nara, I want to talk with you.” Said Nayeon who’s suddenly approaching me.

But Kwon Byul blocked her from me, “Can’t you not pick a fight at this time, Park Nayeon?”

“It’s okay, let’s talk, Nayeon.”

 

We walked outside, both of us are holding the flowers from her Dad but it’s a different flower. He gave her sunflowers, and gave me simple roses. I believe that Nayeon’s favorite flower is sunflower? Her Dad doesn’t know that I like baby’s breath so he just gave me white roses, cute.

 

Even though in a few months he will be my step-father, it doesn’t change the fact that his real daughter is Nayeon. And she doesn’t have to be scared, his Dad still remembers her favorite flower, though.

“I’m going to live with my Mom after the wedding.”

I thought her Mom wants to live without her? “Your Mom?”

“Yes, this is a miracle. After I told her that Dad’s going to remarried, she suddenly said that she wants me to live with her. Maybe the marriage isn’t a bad idea?”

“The marriage was never a bad idea though.”

“And, I’m sorry for everything that I did to you. I wasn’t thinking in the right state back then. Truth to be said, I hated you because Mingyu chose you over me, and I hated you more when my Dad decided to marry your Mom. I hated how the worlds seems to take your side and was never on my side. I thought that I couldn’t tell my Dad to leave your Mom, but I could take Mingyu from your side. But nothing could make me happy.”

 

She looked at the ground, and her voice was shaking.

 

“Actually Mingyu told me that his heart would never be the same to me. At first I forced him to at least try to open his heart for me, but actually I made him hurt. No matter how much I tried to make him feel the same, or holding his tightly so he would be always by my side; I just hurt him more and more.”

“Park Nayeon, believe me, you also have your own happiness. Just wait a little bit.”

“I hope so. I’m sorry, Nara. I did so many bad things to you.”

I hugged her and let her cry to my shoulder, “It’s okay, human makes mistake.”

“But still, I don’t want to call you unnie after the wedding.”

“Yah! I’m five months older than you!”

“I will never call you unnie until I die.”

***

 

Thanks God I have Kwon Byul to doll me up for the prom since I have no talent in makeup. She even bought me a new dress, saying that it’s a graduation present while I haven’t buy anything for her. She knows that I’ve been through rough times these days, and she was really happy when my name got called for the best graduate earlier.

 

Once again, Vernon is really lucky to have her.

 

“You are so pretty and smart, Mingyu is really lucky to have you.”

“Seems like you forgot that we broke up already.”

 

He was there with black shirt and black ankle length pants, emphasizing his long legs. He’s really handsome even from afar, and I wonder does his perfume still the same? Because I really miss his scent.

 

I thought he is going to approach me since we made up already? But, no. he was busy with his cycle of friends, didn’t even look at me. I’ve spent few hours to get ready because I want to look the best in front of him, but what happened?

 

Oh man, how could I be this stupid? Isn’t Mingyu famous at school for always helping people and raise girls’ hope? He even raised Nayeon’s hope for years and didn’t date her in the end. Maybe he just doesn’t want to see me suffering that why he said that one day he will be back to me?

 

Why didn’t I think about that earlier?

 

“Actually I want to dance with Nayeon but I can’t leave you alone since Kwon Byul is already busy with Vernon and you have no other friends.”

“Just leave, Mino. I don’t want to hear you voice at this time.”

“Mingyu’s friends are the greatest treasure that he has, and do you think he would spend tonight with a girl? Believe me, he wouldn’t leave his friends.”

 

That’s right. If it wasn’t his friend, Mingyu wouldn’t be able to live like this. I mean, I can’t believe that a friends like them are actually real? They’re always by his side, being the first one that help Mingyu with anything, whether it’s the good or the bad, he is always surrounded by his friends.

 

And I think that he would spend his last day of being a high schooler with me? The one who cheated on him and left when I’m happy? Funny.

 

Mino is right, I just have to enjoy this night by myself, without hoping for Mingyu to come back to me anytime soon. I shouldn’t expect him anymore, because, he might just gave me a false hope?

 

***

 

One month has passed since I got accepted into Seoul University. Yes, I got accepted as well as Mingyu. But isn’t it ironic how our dreams that we were dreaming together finally came true but we couldn’t even celebrate it together?

 

Ever since the prom night, we’ve lost contact with each other, and I’ve never seen him anymore since the last time we met on my Mom’s wedding. We are now in the same university and sometimes I saw him on the parking lot, or when he was walking across the building.

 

This university is really, really big that for the past one month, I just saw him like twice? Thrice?

 

But one thing that’s disappointing is that he doesn’t bother to call me when they announced the result, or when we first started attending the university, or anytime when he has free time. I’ve been trying to keep my expectation low about him because I don’t feel like he is going back anytime soon?

 

Well, even though most of my heart is still waiting for him.

 

“If I had a boyfriend like him I swear I would be extra protective.” Said Hyemi. She is my new friend here and surprisingly she is also Kwon Byul’s friend so we got close easily.

I slurped the spaghetti, “Who?”

“That pretty boy across the room.” She pointed to someone familiar, and I couldn’t help but stare at him too.

“His name is Kim Mingyu.”

“Woah? How could you know?”

I wiped the sauce on my lips, then stood up. “That pretty boy across the room is my ex boyfriend but he pretended like he doesn’t know me all the time.”

“Where are you going, Nara?”

“To slap him.”

 

He was standing while talking with a girl, and the girl seems shy since she always looked at another direction whenever Mingyu’s talking. Huh, so Kim Mingyu is still the same? Raising girls’ hope is still his hobby?

 

“Kim Mingyu we need to talk.” I said, grabbing his wrist. But the girl in front of us was stopping me.

“Yah! What are you doing? Do you even know him, Oppa?”

 

Oppa? Is she crazy?

 

“Yes, we do know each other. We’ve been through ty times together that I almost lost my sanity because of him and do you think I would just let him be happy with random girl like you?”

“A random girl you say?”

 

I dragged Mingyu with me before the girl make a mess to a quieter and less crowded hall. Unexpectedly Mingyu held into my hand tightly even when I was going to release him. “What the hell Mingyu, let me go!”

“What are you going to do if I let you go?”

“I want to slap your cheek with this hand.”

Then he let me go, “Go ahead.”

 

Without thinking twice, I slapped his left cheek but he kept smiling towards me.

 

“I know that you are going to rant, go ahead.”

“Why didn’t you come to my debate championship? Why didn’t you come after you finished the prom with your friends? Why didn’t you contact me after you got accepted here? Why did you come to my Mom’s wedding but didn’t even say hello to me? Why didn’t try to find me? and why did you flirt with another girl you stupid douchebag I thought we are going to get back together!”

 

I kept screaming while punching his chest, then he grabbed my hands after I finished. He was smiling, and my heart was still fluttering every time he looks at my eyes. “Why didn’t you cry?” he asked.

 

“I am just so tired of crying over you stupid bastard don’t you know that I was waiting for you all this time? I know that I did wrong to you back then but isn’t this too much? You promised to me that we will get back together but you acted like you don’t even know me?”

He laughed, “Actually, I am waiting for you to yell at me like this. I actually saw you almost everyday here and I’m happy that you are okay, Nara.”

“Stop sweet talking it ain’t got me anymore!”

“You know what? I was really sorry for you that because of me, you had a hard times. But without you, I wouldn’t be able to reunite with Mom. So, I thought that I did more bad things to you than a good one. I want you to at least hate me once before I got you back because of what? Because we could be at least fair. And isn’t it more fun for me to chase after you rather than you chase after me? Like the old times, everything was so beautiful right?”

“I don’t get what you said.”

Then he hugged me, “You don’t have to understand. I’m glad that you are back to your old self now that you’re even brave to get mad at a random girl and slap me hard. I love this strong and scary girl, though. I hate you when you were weakass.”

“You hated me?”

“Sort of,” he laughed again, but then pulled my face closer to him before kissing me.

“Yah! What if someone come? Stop!”

“Makeup kiss is the best though, and kissing at the place like this is also fun. You can always run with me if someone ever come, right?”

 

He is still the same Mingyu who thinks that he is the best. And the best thing is he uses the same perfume like before. And his lips still tasted the same.

 

He pushed me until my back touched the locker as I circled my arms around his neck. We deepened the kiss and already forgot that we actually in a public area where someone could come anytime. Then he pulled my legs up to his hips, making our gap even closer.

 

We stopped to catch a breath then laughed at each other. “I didn’t know that making out in public is this fun.”

“If I didn’t stop, we could have in this building though.” He said.

“Yah!” I slapped his shoulder, “Don’t you even wish!” then I walked away from him.

“Kim Nara, where are you going? Did you just ignoring me?”

 

They said I need to fall in love with someone who does not make I think that love is hard. At first I couldn’t understand the words since I was really young, and I though loving is also experiencing hard times. But, no, you can’t even call those hard times when you are in love with someone. You would think that it isn’t hard, because you have each other.

 

Till it happens to you, you won’t know. And I’m glad that I didn’t five up, because the beginning is always the hardest, right?

 

So, do right people with wrong timing eve get a second try?

Yes, they do. If they mean for each other, they will always find a way to get back.

 

Every good things always come on its best time. Not sooner, not later. That’s why we have to be patient and believe that we will also be happy one day.

 

Then when you got the chance to be happy, never look back. If Cinderella went to pick up her shoe, she would not have become a princess and live happily ever after with her prince.

 

“Where are you going, Nara? It’s raining outside.”

“I don’t want to talk with a ert.”

Then he opened an umbrella, “I am not hitting on you but my umbrella is big enough to cover both of us.”

 

That was the exact same sentences that he said back then, we the first time we walked under the umbrella in front of the school.

 

“You should’ve said ‘do you want to walk with me?’ instead, Mingyu.”

“I still don’t like cheesy things though.”

I laughed, “So do I.”

“Sooo, do you want to walk with me or no?”

“Sure, anywhere, Kim Mingyu.”

 

I’m glad that I’m going to spend another time with you, Kim Mingyu. I’m glad that the person is you.

***

a/n; finally, here is the ending of this story. i know. i dissapointed you all plus i couldnt update fast because of the thesis i am really sorry:( i want to know your opinion about this story, and one thing that i love from writing this is that i got to know you more! it's fun to converse with you and replied your comments because i made new friends :D

 

...and... i actually wrote a new story lol it's still about mingyu, a girl and... nct u's jaehyun. i just happened to see jaehyun's pic with basketball uniform and then... yea, my life screwed (again)

i hope to see you all on my newest story so we can talk again there!

here is the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1118748/2

spoiler: mingyu is a barista on my newest story lol mingyu+coffee are my most beautiful treasure<3 + wonwoo has his own love story so he wouldnt fight with mingyu anymore lol I AM GOING TO MAKE HIM HAPPY THERE #justiceforwonwoo!

 

once again!! thank your for reading no flex zone!! thank you for your cute and supportive comments and waiting for me when I couldnt update! I LOVE YOU ALL!<3