Thank You, Mingyu

No Flex Zone

“Mingyu, I’m sorry..”

“Why do you keep saying sorry? You didn’t do anything to me, Nara.”

“I did so many bad things to you, Mingyu. I don’t deserve you.”

“Go,” he made me walk to the gate, “something must be wrong with your brain that you think you don’t deserve me. You have to know that you’re everything that I need, Kim Nara. Take a rest, we have school tomorrow.”

 

I didn’t realize that I hung so many polaroid photos of me and Wonwoo on the wall, and I had to take these off now. I pulled the photos one by one and stopped at one photo that I took when he was sleeping. At that time, Wonwoo was sleeping while waiting for me studying and I found him really cute.

 

His mouth was opened and his eyes weren’t fully closed, and I realized that it’s his habit. Well, he didn’t even know that he sleeps with his eyes half opened. His eyelashes are longer than mine, and he has a really good skin, it was so smooth.

 

His hair was fluffy and thick, and it smells really good. He couldn’t sleep without hugging something, just like me. Oh, and also, he really needs to gain weight. Every day, he eats almost five bowls of rice, but he still couldn’t gain weight.

 

I told him that I didn’t know about him, or even his littlest habit. But maybe this is why people say that you will realize something once you lost them. Now I realized that I knew at least a little thing about him, and I was in love with him that it hurts to know that he cheated on me.

 

When you’re greedy, you’ll never realize that you’ve got many things on your hands already that you’ll lose them someday.

 

I know that fairytale is not for me, and I don’t even have any fantasies about it. I did have, when I was a child. But after seeing my Mom suffers from everything when my Dad passed away, I realized that I don’t need fairytale and fantasy, I have to work for my own happy ending.

 

I don’t want to be helped by my prince charming, I want to work it up together with him. That’s why I really studied well, and go to the best school in the town. I have never succeed in a relationship, I was always being dumped because I was too focused to anything else but my boyfriend. I didn’t know what it feels to like someone with my whole heart.

 

And Wonwoo was the first one who made me feel that.

 

My regret was that I made him the only one who cheated on me, when I also cheated on him. I had no courage to tell him that earlier, and I was so stupid to leave without telling the truth.

 

All the photos and the dolls from him went straight to the box, and I kicked them under my bed. I hope that Wonwoo will be happy now that he’s back with Mina, and I shouldn’t hurt Mingyu anymore.

***

 

“How’s your night?” he approached me when I just arrived at class, placing my bag on the desk.

Smiling, then caressing his cheek, “Terrible.”

“Why?”

“You forgot to call me, Kim Mingyu!”

He laughed, “I did that so you will miss me terribly!”

“Amazing. Did you sleep at Seungcheol’s again last night?”

“Yup.”

“When will you stop sleeping at other’s place? You have a house, Mingyu! Did you fight with your Dad again?”

“No. he knows that I slept at Seungcheol’s.”

“Then? What’s wrong?”

“I’m not going to tell you.”

“You make me thirsty.”

“I will buy you drink.” Then he quickly left the class, running, to get me a drink. Actually I didn’t even tell him to buy me drink, but he always does that.

 

Lackey? Once he questioned if he was just my lackey because he always following me and doing things for me. But really, I didn’t make him to do that. It’s just his habit to please people by doing things for them. And I’m scared that someday, someday will use him for his kindness.

 

“Mingyu can you give this to Mr. Son? I don’t want to meet him since he scolded me that day…”

“Sure, babe!” he took the paper and ran outside, to teacher’s room. Sometimes I feel like I have a cute puppy instead of boyfriend since he always do the errands for me.

 

“Nara, can I talk with you?” Kwon Byul approached me, then I walked with her to the rooftop. It was really awkward at first, and I know that I should be the one who talk with her first.

“Kwon Byul, I’m sorry for everything.”

“No, it wasn’t your fault. It was my fault. I shouldn’t threw a tantrum like that, and said so many bad things to you. Even teamed up with Nayeon to make you suffer. I was selfish, Nara.”

“It was entirely my fault. I’ve never learnt how to think about other people’s feeling, even you. You are the only friend that I have, yet I made you walked away. Anyway, thank you about Wonwoo, you told me the truth. And I really shouldn’t two timing him with Mingyu. But Mingyu knew everything –“

“He knew everything?”

I nodded, “But he kept it as secret, and acted like he didn’t know anything.”

“He’s a good boy, I can tell.”

“So is Vernon.”

 

It’s been a long time since I saw her smiled, and I couldn’t help but smile just by thinking that I got my best friend back. She really likes Vernon, I can tell now. But how could I didn’t know that earlier?

 

 If it wasn’t because of her, I would never stop myself from cheating on Mingyu.

 

“Nara! I thought you disappeared!” Mingyu said, running out of breath. Seems like he ran all the way here to find me?

“Your mind is thinking too far, Kim Mingyu!” Kwon Byul slapped his arm, then they laughed together. They are close since Kwon Byul often spent her times with the boys and her boyfriend. While I made Mingyu to spend his time just with me, and he couldn’t even take his lunch with the boys. “You have to spend your lunch time with me and also the boys, they’re not as bad as you thought, Nara!”

She was right, I have to learn to socialize. “Sure, I’d love to.”

“Ooooh, Kim Nara? Is that really you? You just agreed to socialize with people? Both of them were literally saying the same thing.

I walked away from them, “Don’t talk to me Kim Mingyu, Kwon Byul! I don’t socialize with people!”

“How could you tell your boyfriend to don’t talk to you?”

“And also your best friend?”

 

Yeah. I have one boyfriend, and one best friend now. And I’m happy.

 

From: Mom

Come to the addresses that I gave you earlier, we are going to try some dresses for the wedding.

 

The wedding. Seems like my Mom and Nayeon’s Dad are going to get married for real. I was trying to forget the fact that I’m going to live under the same roof as Nayeon, but really, her behavior is a nuisance. I really wanted to pull her hair and slap her to the reality that she should let her Dad to be happy at least once.

 

And I was right, as soon as she arrived at the place, she threw a tantrum to her Dad how she doesn’t want to try any outfit because she doesn’t want her Dad to get married again; in front of my Mom. My brother was in the most awkward place since he had to show Nayeon’s Dad that he is the oldest, and he is the one who has the straightest mind to neutralizing everything.

 

“Can’t we lock them in the fitting room? Kim Nara, stop fighting with Nayeon! You are going to be sibling soon!”

“Who says I want to be her sibling?”

“Do you really stupidly think that I also want to be your sibling, Park Nayeon?”

“Stop!” both my Mom and her Dad shouted, and we stopped right away.

“Jongin, go take them anywhere so they’d think traight.” Mr. Park gave him money, and Jongin quickly dragged both Nayeon and I to the car.

 

Surprisingly, my brother didn’t take us anywhere. He opened the car window, locked us from outside, and wait in front of the car. He said that he won’t let anyone leave unless we stop fighting.

 

“Get me out of here!” Nayeon, stupidly knocked the window repeatedly, not knowing that my brother isn’t the type to let things off easily.

 

I just sat there playing with my phone since I don’t even want to talk with her first. But she suddenly took my phone away, “Now, say, what do you want from my family?”

“Your family?” I scoffed, “If it wasn’t because of my Mom, I wouldn’t do such stupid things like this.”

“I thought your family is a well off one, but how could your Mom re-married to get some money?”

“Don’t you have a brain? They love each other, and my Mom doesn’t need any money from your family, for God’s sake! She worked things out from zero ever since my Dad passed away. My Mom, my Brother and I were once lived in a small house, she couldn’t even buy me new shoes. But she did everything by herself to raise both my brother and I that we got everything now. And do you think my Mom needs your Dad for money? She could earns by herself, she doesn’t need your Dad’s money!”

“But I still have a Mom!”

“You still have a Mom, and my Mom is mine. What’s the problem? At least, keep your mouth from saying bad things in front of my Mom. She didn’t do anything to you, Park Nayeon!”

“And I don’t want to live with you!”

“Do you think I want to live you, huh? It’s for our parents, we need them to live together! Have you ever think about your Dad’s feelings? No? Have you ever ask him if he needs someone to spend his remaining times, or to take care of him when he is sick? No? I thought you’re not this bad, Nayeon. But really, you didn’t use your brain for anything.”

 

From: Mingyu

I’m going to sleep at Joshua tonight.

 

“From Mingyu, I’m going to sleep at Joshua tonight.” She said, reading the text that arrived to my phone. I took back my phone, and her face looked darkened. “You know what? Even if I let my Dad to marry your Mom and we have to live under the same roof soon, I will never forget the fact that I was always hate you for seducing Mingyu, and even made Mingyu avoided me. Later, you will know who the real Mingyu is, and he will eventually leave you like he left me. Just like how Wonwoo dumped you.”

“Mingyu had no feelings towards you, and you misunderstood everything.”

She smirked, “And do you think Mingyu has a feeling towards you? Do you think you don’t misunderstood everything? Kim Nara, think about it, you know nothing about Mingyu.”

 

From: Mingyu

Why aren’t you answering my calls?

 

“I might not know everything about him, but a least I know littlest thing about him that you will never know, Park Nayeon.”

 

To: Mingyu

Nayeon told me that I know nothing about you.

 

After a minute, I made Nayeon to look at my phone screen, with Mingyu’s text on it.

 

From: Mingyu

Should you know everything about me? You are not my Mom. I don’t care if you don’t know anything, I still like you anyway.

 

“See? Nobody knows if he’s lying or not. But isn’t it better than being treated like a stranger after a single kiss, like what he did to you?”

 

And we spent more time than we thought in the car, since we didn’t seem to say sorry at anytime soon.

***

 

“You’re not going to play soccer again today?”

“I want to go home early.”

 

Still being hugged by him, I clutched to his shirt as he hugged me tighter. I always love to be hugged by Mingyu, because his body is warm and smells really good. And how he put his chin on top of my head, then kissing it sometimes. He really knows how to make my heart flutters.

 

“But you didn’t even sleep at your house, Mingyu. What’s actually happened with you?”

“I’m just bored, Nara.”

I tiptoed to look at his face straightly, but he pushed my head down. “Really? You can’t lie to me, Mingyu.”

“Ah, right. I can’t lie to you. Okay. Not going to say anything.”

“Kim Mingyu!” he shut me up with his kiss, and it’s his new habit. Whenever he doesn’t want me to speak, he just kisses me, and it works.

“Let’s prepare for the camping tomorrow.” He said, after wiping my lips. I found it really cute whenever he wiped my lips after kissing me and how he smiled after that.

“But I have to help Vernon cleaning the class first, since we broke the window yesterday.”

“Wow you didn’t play soccer at the fields now but at the class?”

He laughed, then squeezed me with his hug, “I really don’t want to stop hugging you. I can’t wait for tomorrow! I want to run away with you at midnight, and look at the stars with you!”

“Yeah, Mr. Romantic. Go clean the class with Vernon, I’m going to wait.”

“Where are you going to wait?”

“I don’t know? Just turn on your phone, I will call you later. Oh! And you really turned off your phone often these days like you are avoiding someone, huh?”

 

But he just pecked my lips, then ran to Vernon who was waiting for him. Thinking about it, he was really suspicious these days. He doesn’t want to sleep at home, he didn’t stay at school to play soccer after the class ended anymore, and he doesn’t want to wait for me in front of the school’s gate anymore.

 

And he really turned his phone off often. It was really hard for me to call him these days.

 

I was waiting in front of the school since Mingyu said that he’s almost done with the cleaning, but there’s a car waiting in front of the gate. And as I remembered, I saw this car often around the school, I even saw this car in the morning.

 

A women got out of the car, and she really reminds me of somene.

 

“Excuse me, are you a student from this school?”

I nodded, isn’t that obvious? I’m wearing this school’s uniform, though. “Yes.”

“Do you, perhaps, know Kim Mingyu?”

“Kim Mingyu? Yes, we are… classmate. Do you know him?”

She smiled, “Yes. Do you know where’s he? I was waiting for him since the morning, but seems like he’s still inside?”

 

She was waiting for him?

 

“But, who are you?”

“I’m his Mom, and I want to meet him.”

 

Mingyu’s Mom? The one that dumped him? The one that ran away to America and left Mingyu with her husband eighteen years ago? The one who didn’t want to meet Mingyu when he went all the way to America back then?

 

And she wanted to meet Mingyu now?

***

a/n; I want mingyu to hug me and put his chin on top of my head like damn his body must be really warm and cozy and smell really good.............