He Came Back

No Flex Zone

Still sitting on the ground just by myself, looking at my feet that’s freezing since the night became colder. At first, even though I had to hike the mountain with flip flops on, I was trying my best to hold the pain for Mingyu. And since he was by my side, I was almost forgot that my feet are in a total pain.

 

Then I realized that he wasn’t worrying about me but Nayeon. His eyes wandered to find someone in front of us, and his mind went blank that I had to repeat my words everytime I talked to him. I thought he was that worried about me that he couldn’t think straight? happens, he wasn’t, at all.

 

The way he ran without thinking twice when he heard that Nayeon collapsed, the way he yelled at everyone who was watching him helping Nayeon, and telling them to call the teacher. The way he piggybacked Nayeon, passing me, without even looking at my eyes. And how he just left when Nayeon already had Mino with her.

 

Maybe that’s why people told him that he’s better with Nayeon but he insisted to stay with me, without any reason.

 

The fireworks were beautiful, and it made cry. I’m scared. I’m scared at fact that I did worse than Mingyu did to me, and he might leave me someday. I know that I deserve to get some karmas since I did bad things to him last time, but I also want him to just stay with me, as what he used to be.

 

The grand event ended, and we were told to sleep since we have to go home tomorrow morning. But I couldn’t sleep because, how could I? Even though my eyes are tired from crying so much, it doesn’t change the fact that I still couldn’t stop wasting my tears right now.

 

And how the pain on my feet is killing me, but I couldn’t wake Kwon Byul up since she’s also tired from the hiking. I shouldn’t wake anyone up since I was a big burden to them today. Where’s the old Kim Nara who could take care of everything by herself anyway?

 

“Nara?” someone called my name softly from outside the tent, and his voice made me jumped.

I ped the tent to see the face of Kim Mingyu, smiling, but the worried face was still on him. “Mingyu?”

He offered his hand to help me come out of the tent, “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“Somewhere near, since you can’t walk properly.”

 

So he knew.

 

Then he piggybacked me to a place that’s not too far from our camp, put me down on the cold ground. “Is it cold?” he asked.

“It’s okay. Why are you coming back?”

“To explain things to you. I don’t like to pass the night with misunderstanding.”

“About Nayeon?”

 

He nodded, as he put some pain killer cream on my feet. It feels hot, but it’s better than being freezed. “It must be hard.” He said.

“Nothing’s really hard until you left.”

“I know, I was in a mess, and I’m really sorry, Nara. I couldn’t even look straight into your eyes.”

Then he put band aids to my feet since some of the parts were also bleeding. “No need. You were gone to save Nayeon, it’s not like you’re cheating.”

“But still, I left you in this condition.”

“It was my fault since I forced myself to just join the time when I lost my shoes. I should’ve stayed at the tent.”

“Why did you forcing yourself to join us? I thought you hate walking?”

 

I did that because I want to watch the fireworks with you, Mingyu.

 

“Just because.” I answered.

Then he continued to massaging my feet, “Actually, I’ve known Nayeon more than you know.” He paused, looking at my expression and then continued after I nodded. “Is it okay to tell you this?”

“I don’t want you to hide anything anymore, Mingyu. It hurts me that I don’t know anything about you when you’re my boyfriend.”

 

I thought I know everything about him, but I was wrong. I know nothing.

 

“We went to the same elementary school, I remembered my first encounter was when she cried because she has no friends. No one wants to be her friends, and I offered my hand. Since then we became really close that I even thought her the story about my mother. She was – and still – searching for me whenever she needs help and it became her habit.  I know that she has acute asthma, that why I was surprised when she decided to join the team. Because last time when she forced herself to run around the field, she was like she’s dying.”

 

Now that make senses.

 

“People always told us that we matched to each other, and that we should date. But I really have no feelings such like that to her, Nara, I swear. In my eyes, she’s just my closest friend, and I’m ready to help her whenever she needs me. But one day, I stupidly kissed her at a party –“

“Did you really just kiss?”

 

He didn’t answer.

 

But then continued the story, “She thought I gave her hopes, and I found out that she likes me for the whole time. I thought I can’t do this anymore since she received my help as something else, so I made a distance with her. But then I was stuck to you, and she thought you’re the reason why I’m avoiding him. That’s why I can’t really leave her alone since I was the one who made her like this.”

 

Seeing him behaving like this makes me adore him more and more. Because even though he decided to avoid Nayeon, it was also to avoid the misunderstanding, and he’s still watching over her from distance.

 

Maybe that’s why Nayeon said that I know nothing about Mingyu, because they’ve known each other from a long time ago and she probably knows Mingyu in his worst state. But still staying since she really likes Mingyu.

 

It’s all on Mingyu’s hand in the end.

 

“Do you want to sleep now?”

“Can I hug you first?”

 

I nodded, then he pulled me into a hug. I knew that he left me for good, and he also came back to me. That’s why I don’t need to be worried about it anymore. Seeing him with me now is enough, knowing that he only has me just like I only have him. Well, I hope.

 

***

 

In the morning, Mingyu’s already in front of my tent, helping Kwon Byul and Vernon to fold the tent and clean the area. He’s also taking my things, saying that I shouldn’t bring anything, and helped me to walk.

 

“Nara, isn’t this you shoes?” Somin, who’s in the same tent with Nayeon gave me the shoes. “Why is it on my tent?”

“On your tent?”

“Yeah, it was hidden under Nayeon’s blanket and all.”

“Did Nayeon stole your shoes so you had to hike with flip flops, and forced herself to join so she could spent the day with Mingyu?” Kwon Byul said, starting to get mad. “I swear I’m going to rip her hair out!”

 

Did she really do that far just to… spend her time with Mingyu?

 

Mingyu, and Seungcheol helped me to walk out of the forest until we got in to the bus and we finally got signal for our phone. And what’s surprising me is that there are so many messages from Wonwoo since three days ago.

 

From: Wonwoo

Hi, Nara. How are you?

 

From: Wonwoo

How have you been?

 

From: Wonwoo

I’m sorry for suddenly texting you like this. I just want to know your condition.

 

From: Wonwoo

I see. You still don’t want to meet me.

 

From: Wonwoo

I have gig tomorrow, could you come?

 

From: Wonwoo

You turned off your phone since yesterday?

 

From: Wonwoo

Did you changed your number?

 

From: Wonwoo

Seems like you changed your number? Then is it okay for me to tell you this? That I feel sorry for dumping you like that… you must be really hurt. I can’t even ask your brother about your condition since I was too embarrassed. I’m working this out with Mina, but we’re still in the middle of process. I’m afraid that I’ll hurt her like I hurt you, Nara. And actually I want you to call me when you need help, and I’ll be there for you J we might be ended our relationship, but I could be your friend now J

 

From: Wonwoo

HAHA what am I doing with this changed number? You’re not going to read all of those s that I typed anyway.

 

To: Wonwoo

I didn’t get any signal these days, Wonwoo. It’s still me, Kim Nara.

 

Incoming call from Wonwoo…

 

Incoming call from Wonwoo…

 

“Why don’t you answer the call?” Kwon Byul asked, as my phone kept ringing.

“It’s Wonwoo.”

“That two timing guy? What does he want now?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. What should I do?”

“Don’t you dare meeting him behind us! You have Mingyu now, don’t associate with him anymore and confuse yourself!”

 

Incoming call from Wonwoo…

 

Incoming call from Wonwoo…

 

Incoming call from Wonwoo…

 

I decided to turn off the phone since Wonwoo couldn’t stop calling me and I don’t want Mingyu to find out that Wonwoo’s trying to keep in contact with me.

 

But still, Wonwoo thought that he’s the only one who cheated on me when I also did the same to him. I have to fix this misunderstanding, without Kwon Byul and Mingyu knowing. I can do it. I just have to meet him once, tell him the whole story and just avoid him forever.

 

It’s easy. Yes. Just don’t get attached to him anymore even though he asked me to be his friend now. I can do it.

***