Party

No Flex Zone

He kneeled down as rain is also pouring down, mixing with his tears. It’s really painful to see him in this state because I’ve never seen Mingyu in any state like this. He is the narsist, big headed, over confident, and annoying guy whom I hate at first; but after knowing him more, and after accidentally knowing about his story, he changed my whole impression on him.

 

Even though he smiles, he is also hiding the pain that nobody knows. He misses his Mom, and for eighteen years he believes that his Mom is also missing him. After eighteen years passed, he finally realized that even his Mom is not expecting him.

 

“Mingyu, come on. It’s raining.” And I’m still trying to hold back my tears while reaching him, because he might get cold under the rain. “You have to change your clothes.”

 

He is now wearing my Brother’s clothes, sitting on the sofa while facing the TV, with his empty gaze. This guy really held back for a long time already, he was trying really hard to be okay when he is not inside.

 

I can’t stop sighing every time I saw him trying really hard to not to cry anymore. “Here.” I gave him a glass of hot chocolate, and he’s just looking at it. “Drink, Mingyu.”

He took a sip of it, then smiled. “My Mom doesn’t want to meet me, she is already happy with her new family. After trying really hard to meet her, the first sentences that she said to me was ‘I thought your Dad and I had made an argument about don’t send you to me even after you’re mature enough?’”

Then he looked down to the glass, biting his lips as he tried to hold the tears, “I really can’t forget those sentences. I don’t know what crime did I do to her that she doesn’t even want to meet me? I can’t even hate her for doing that to me because I’ve missed her so much that I was so happy just by looking at her and hearing her sounds. The reason why I don’t want to meet my Dad yet is because I feel sorry for him, because I doubted him for all this time, when actually he is the only one I got.”

“But still, you have to meet your Dad. You know that he is the only one you got yet you are leaving him in worries?” I patted his back slowly, “I’ve told your Dad that you’re here, he is going to be arrived soon.”

 

It’s a relief that Mingyu’s smiling slowly now after telling me everything that he’s been holding in all the times. And even though he’s not been healed fully yet, at least he knows that he got someone that will always be there to listen. At least he knows that he’s not alone.

 

“Where did you sleep for these nights?”

“One night at Seungcheol’s and another night at Vernon’s. I was going to sleep at Joshua’s tonight but since you called my Dad…”

 

“We have a guest,” my brother said as he opened the door, with Mingyu’s Dad behind him. “For Mingyu.”

The father and son smiled to each other as Mingyu walked closer to his Dad then hugging him. “Yo, big boy doesn’t cry. You are embarrassing me.” His Dad joked with him, and we are all laughing – except my brother.

 

They’re already leaving and the atmosphere here is strangely bad. My brother followed me to my room with that scary expression of his, standing in front of the door. “I can’t believe you’re cheating on Wonwoo?”

“Who said that to you now? Mina?”

He nodded, “At first I didn’t believe it but seeing how close you are with Mingyu and it seems different than just a friend –“

“I’m telling you for the first and last time, I’m not cheating on Wonwoo. Mingyu is just my friend, that’s all. If you’re going to believe Mina or anyone else, go, just don’t talk to me anymore.”

“Even if that’s true, I’m not saying this because I want to protect Wonwoo. I want to protect you, Nara. It’s your choice to date whoever you wants, but you really have to know when to stop. You have exactly one year on your senior year, don’t get distracted by things like this. And tell Mingyu that you have a boyfriend already.”

 

I was going to tell Mingyu today but this things happened, just how could I tell him that? When he’s also suffering because of his Mom? The situation is wrong, I know that I have to find another timing to tell him the truth.

My brother’s right, I shouldn’t waste my time anymore.

 

***

 

My Mom strangely looks depressed even in the morning, seems like things are going around her mind, including my rebellion. I know that I shouldn’t hurt my Mom when a person like Mingyu really wants to even know his Mom’s face right now.

 

People make mistakes, even a mother. Maybe she is also confused on how to tell me the truth back then, and I shouldn’t hate her for that. Well, I’ve never hate her or Mr. Park, I just hate the situation that I might be a sibling with Park Nayeon. And how people are always shielding her at all situation.

 

“Mom, I want the strawberry jam ones.”

 

Both my Mom and my brother dropped their jaw when I started to end this cold fight with my own Mom. And she happily giving me the toast with strawberry jam, finally smiling. I forgot how warming is my Mom’s smile throughout this cold fight with her, maybe Mr. Park is also falling for her for her smile?

 

“Nara, do you want me to drive you to school?”

“I’m going to take the bus.” I said, still feeling awkward to talk with her.

 

I’m glad that Mingyu’s already in his normal state because he’s already at class reading his book, with a pen on his left hand. Mingyu is a lefty and sometimes it’s a bothersome to eat side by side with him because our arms would bump into each other.

 

“The sky is so pretty, why don’t you be my lady?” Mino suddenly wrapped his arms around my shoulder, “Honey?”

I punched his stomach, “Honey my . And stop saying cheesy things like that.”

“Excuse me, don’t stand in the way.” She said that as she pushed both Mino and I from the way. Geez. What’s the point of saying excuse me then?

“Wow, seems like you are in a really big fight with Kwon Byul.”

“Song Mino! Stop it already can you? Stop following me!”

 

As usual, Mingyu opened the water bottle for me and giving me the straw. Lunch menu for today is chicken, and I’m giving him the skin since I don’t like chicken skin. And he doesn’t like the egg yolk so he’s giving me his.

 

We’re so different, but I’m glad that he could fill in the empty spot well.

 

“Hey, come to the house party tonight!” Seungcheol approached us, sitting right beside me as he took a sip of my water.

I slapped his arms, “Don’t steal my water!”

“What house party?” Mingyu asked. “Is it legal for us to come?”

“It’s Song Mino’s party of course we’re allowed to come.”

“If it’s Song Mino’s party then I’d be rather to stay at home.” I said.

“Baby –“

“Don’t baby me, Seungcheol.”

“Okay, Nara. I bet you don’t want Mingyu to kiss Nayeon once again at the party like what he did last year, right?”

Mingyu stuffed Seungcheol’s mouth with a spoonful of rice, “Stop talking. Nara is coming with me tonight, don’t worry.”

“Mingyu! I didn’t say that I’m going to come!”

“I’m going to pick you up at nine.” Then he stood up, dragging Seungcheol with him. “I’m going to play soccer with them. See you at class!”

 

***

 

It’s already nine and Mingyu’s still on his way here like his house is far away from mine. I should’ve known that he would be late, he is annoying. Because I’m already finished everything an hour ago.

 

Wearing an almost transparent crop top that’s showing my bra, with a black short skirt, and a black pumps. I didn’t do much make up since I don’t know well how to do it anyway. Usually it’s always Kwon Byul who’s putting make up on me.

 

I bet she’s going all out tonight as well as Nayeon.

 

From: Mingyu

I’m outside

 

“Do you even know how to drive?”

“Yes.”

“Do you even have a license?”

“No.”

 

How’s it possible for him to be this hot? He’s basically just wearing a white shirt, and a black pants. But he’s so goddamn hot? And the way he drives, I can’t imagine him being a fully adult now when he’s already hot at this age?

 

“Why are you showing your bra, and your stomach?” he asked.

“This is called crop top, stupid.”

“Seems like I’m going to see many belly button and women’s thighs tonight.”

I punched his arms, “ert!”

“I’m not ert! You girls showing too much to us!”

 

The house is already crowded by people mostly the students. But since Mino’s friend is everywhere, there are a lot of strangers here. And I was right about Kwon Byul, her make up is on point, plus the mini dress that’s mini enough to show her .

 

And Nayeon is wearing a… I don’t know how to call it, it’s basically a bra shaped crop top? With a high-waist skirt. And boys are circling her already.

 

“I bet she’s going to kiss someone there in a seconds.” Mingyu whispered to me, and we laughed at that. Seems like Mingyu’s already know how easy is Nayeon.

 

Speak of the devil, Nayeon approached us, clinging herself to Mingyu. But Mingyu avoided her and holding my hand instead. Well, if I were Nayeon, I’d be rather staying at home.

 

“Huh? Don’t you remember that you kissed me last year?”

“So?” Mingyu asked her back. “Do you want another kiss?”

Nayeon walked closer to him, tiptoeing to match the height with Mingyu, “Yes.”

 

It was like an instinc that I pushed Nayeon off and kissed Mingyu instead. He pulled me closer to his body, ignoring Nayeon who’s watching us. The kiss got deeper until Nayeon interrupted us by saying: “Good. A surprise is waiting for you, Kim Nara.”

 

Actually I’m not thinking about anything when she said that, because my mind’s already distracted by Mingyu. But Nayeon is Nayeon, when she said that there’s a surprise, there must be a really big surprise waiting for me.

 

“I’m going to the toilet, wait for me here.”

I nodded, “Hurry up, Mingyu.”

 

I was waiting for Mingyu then my eyes were locked to someone who’s sitting with his circle of friends. I can’t believe Wonwoo’s also here. Damn. He might be the surprise that Nayeon’s prepared for me.

 

And I didn’t think twice before walking to him, and he’s extremely shocked to see me. He stood up, “Nara?” then dragging me out of the building, “What are you doing here and what are you wearing?”

“Wonwoo… can’t we go home now? Let’s talk later.”

“Of course I’m going to bring you home! If your brother found out about this, you are dead, Nara.”

 

I can’t believe I left Mingyu behind because I’m afraid that everything will be ruined tonight. I really don’t want to lose both Mingyu and Wonwoo that I did this, oh God, forgive me.

 

“Why are you wearing that, Nara? You are showing your bra to everyone there!”

 

I know. Wonwoo’s really protective, and I’m ready to be nagged by him all the way home.

 

“And your skirt is too short! You know that I don’t like you to dress like this? And that place is dangerous, just what are you doing there?”

“My friends are all there, it’s my friend’s party anyway. And what are you doing there?”

“Song Mino is a friend of mine, he also invited me.” Song Mino, Park Nayeon, both of them are trying to kill me.

 

Wonwoo was out to buy a drink for me but he left his phone in the car. My phone’s ringing because Mingyu kept calling me, and I can’t answer him yet. But Wonwoo’s phone is also flashing a name that I don’t want to see.

 

From: Mina

Where are you? Why are you disappearing?

 

Did he come with Mina? Or did he come because he wants to meet Mina? Do I have the rights to be mad when I also came with another guy? What kind of situation is this?

 

***

a/n; don't hate me for doing this.... really ;_; i also confused beween mingyu and wonwoo like i really want to have both of them i literally screwed up i want to cry T_T  btw i made a new trailer, maybe this is the angst version? lol