Understanding

No Flex Zone

I let myself fall to my knees after kissing him, something’s wrong, and I should’ve known it better than him. I shouldn’t have said yes, what am I going to do now?

 

“What’s wrong, Nara?” he cupped my cheeks, and I looked straight to his eyes.

“Mingyu, did Nayeon said something to you, back then, about me?”

He shook his head, “I’ve never heard anything from her. What’s wrong?”

 

 

Is he lying? Or does he really not know anything? So, Nayeon was just threatening me? And Mingyu doesn’t know anything about me and Wonwoo for the whole time, that’s why he still asked me to date him just now?

 

“Nothing, it’s just… I don’t know what will happens if she found out that we are dating now.”

“Then, don’t let anyone know that we are dating, Nara.”

 

Wait, what?

 

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, if it’d be a burden to you, why not?”

“No, I mean, dating you is not a burden, it’s just…”

“I know, but I don’t know what would Nayeon do to you, so… just let people know what they had already knew. We always sticks to each other that they’re not even curious if we’re dating or just a close friend, that’s their limit.”

 

I don’t know that Mingyu is this understanding. I mean, I didn’t say that I want this relationship to be a secret, but he asked me to do that first? He wasn’t suspicious, right?

 

Because Mingyu is the type who would show off and brag to everyone about his girlfriend, not the type to make it a secret. Oh, God. Is this the real him?

 

“I’m going to play soccer after school with the boys, do you want to watch it?”

“Sure! We have to go to the study group together after that anyway.”

He caressed my cheek with his thumb, “I’m so happy that I can spend my times with you again now.”

“Me too.”

 

He was right, no one was suspicious about us since we have spent our times together for the whole times. They already gave up on questioning our relationship, and Mingyu is also responsive to other girls – not in a flirty way – but they received it as a flirt.

 

Because who wouldn’t be happy when the high school heartthrob smiles at you, helps you with the homework, or even borrows you the book? Mingyu said that he was just being nice, because he loves to help, but the girls seems to think that Mingyu flirted with them and gave them hopes.

 

Well, who wouldn’t think like that. This Kim Mingyu just really love to help people.

 

To: Wonwoo

You don’t have to pick me up, I’m going to do some things at school first.

 

From: Wonwoo

Okay, but do you have time for tomorrow? Let’s watch some movies at my place ;)

 

To: Wonwoo

Sounds fun!

 

I know, this is wrong – extremely wrong. I shouldn’t date two people at once, and I’m greedy as hell. But this is the only way for me to know who’s the one that I really like. By spending times with both of them, maybe I will finally realize which one I should get rid. I hope things go fast, so I shouldn’t date both of them for a long time.

 

I really have to choose one soon.

 

“I thought you were studying but you were on your phone all the time?” Mingyu suddenly squatted beside me, leaning his head on the desk, and shocking me for sure.

I quickly shoved my phone to the bag, “Wow, you changed your clothes so fast.”

 

Now he’s on his soccer attire, and he looks so fine.

 

“I changed it on my desk.”

“No wonder girls were screaming.”

“I doubled everything though I didn’t show them anything, why were they screaming, I don’t get it.”

I laughed, “Yeah, let’s go. Your friends are waiting.”

 

He’s always in his happiest state when playing soccer with his friends, and I love the way he laugh, it gives me hope. I’m not exaggerating, but his laugh is really enjoyable and sincere. Maybe that’s why people loves to hang out with him, since he always laugh like that.

 

Everytime he scored a goal, he would look at me and waved his hands – and I would do the same. And he’s not the type who would get pissed on losing; every time his opponent scored a goal, he would approached them and gave them a thumb.

 

I don’t even know why he was so greedy to win over me back then. I thought his desire to win was the biggest, though. Was he just behaving like that to me?

 

“Here.” I gave him the drink, and he was rushed to drink it. “Slow down, Mingyu.”

“Nara! Did you see that? I scored half of the scores!”

I nodded.

“Hoshi almost tackled me, but I avoided him so fast that I was so happy for my feet!”

I nodded, again.

“And…”

 

He kept telling the stories while we were walking, and I kept listening to him. He seems very excited that he forgot, there’s no need to tell me the whole story since I watched it by myself. But I love the way he talks, and there’s no problem of listening to him for the whole day.

 

Mingyu must be happy now, just like me. I’m happy that he’s back to his normal state because it was really hard to see him sulking, and giving me that cold gaze every day. Mingyu that I know is this kind of Mingyu, the happy, positive, and lovely Mingyu.

 

I told him that I really need to study well, and he didn’t even talk to me while we were on the study group. Even though sometimes he would randomly winked at me cutely, and I would pinch his arm so he would stay still.

 

The teacher announced our mid-terms scores, and Mingyu is ranked first, while I ranked second with few scores gap. And the gap was big, the biggest one I’ve ever had with him. Maybe the problems that I had these days really divided my concentration, and made my scores down.

 

We walked home with my scores in my hand, still looking at it. Even though I lost to my own boyfriend, I really hate to lose.

 

“Nara?”

“Uh?”

He pointed to my house, “We’re arrived.”

“Oh.. thank you, Mingyu.”

He held my hand, putting them to his cold cheeks, “I walked you home but you didn’t even say a single word to me. Stop looking at the scores card, Nara.”

“I have to work hard now, I really need to get into Seoul University, Mingyu.”

“You sure have to work hard to win against me again, Nara. But don’t be like this. You used to be number one, and I used to be number two. Your original place is at number one, remember!”

“Did you just tell me that you’re going give up on you rank for me? I’m not going to rob an empty house, Mingyu!”

“How could? I also need to get into Seoul University, I’m not going to give up. I just told you to work harder.” He smiled, pulling me into a hug. “You can do it, Kim Nara.”

I tiptoed to kiss his cheek, “Thank you, Mingyu.”

 

***

 

“Mingyu, I’m can’t attend the study group today. I will just attend the substitute class tomorrow.”

“Okay, I will also take the substitute class.” He said, without even asking me why should I cancel today’s class. He used to ask everything that he wants to know, but why didn’t he ask anything about this one? Even though, it’s better since I couldn’t tell him that I’m going to meet Wonwoo tonight.

 

He texted me that he’s going to pick me up, but I’ve been waiting for him for almost one hour, and he’s nowhere to be found. He didn’t answer my call either. This is not the first time he disappeared, but isn’t it too much to disappear when he has a promise to me?

 

I don’t know what does he do that he’s always disappeared? I mean, sure, he’s busy with his gig, but he shouldn’t make a promise with me when he clearly has a gig, right? – if he has a gig. Even though I shouldn’t be suspicious at him.

 

Because I’m the one who is cheating on him.

 

I kept telling myself that he would come to me, even after this two hours of waiting. I had to stop counting on how many busses that stopped, and went on this station because I lost my concentrate due to the coldness.

 

“Seems like I have to walk you home,” he said, giving me the hot packs that he had.

 

I almost burst into tears when I saw Mingyu, who was still waiting for me. He smiled before holding my left hand, putting it to his right coat pocket. “It’s really cold outside, Nara.”

 

Just what did I do? I shouldn’t wait for Wonwoo for that long. I really shouldn’t let him make me wait no more.

***

a/n; seventeen members said on v app that they need to bring mingyu on deserted island because mingyu really can do anything. and he loves to help people on daily life, not just in reality show. and mingyu was a basist in middle school lol can you imagine soccer player mingyu and basist mingyu??????