Let's Date

No Flex Zone

“She didn’t eat properly, and she got high fever. Her condition wasn’t that good, seems like she also didn’t sleep properly. That’s why she fainted.”

“Is she going to be okay, Doc?”

“As long as she eats her meal, and sleep properly then everything’s going to be okay. She will wake up soon, so don’t worry. And tell her Mom to meet me when she arrived.”

“Sure, thank you, Doc.”

 

It was Mingyu’s voice, and even though I barely saw him, I’m still glad that he is with me. Even though I’m not sure if it was only my dream or the reality, since I always had weird dreams whenever I’m sick. Having him on my dream is enough, I won’t ask more. I’m going to close my eyes again, so I won’t wake up from this beautiful dream.

The next time I opened my eyes, my Mom is leaning her head on the bed; sleeping while holding my hand tightly. And Wonwoo was sleeping in the sofa. Mingyu was nowhere to be found, and it was actually broke my heart. Maybe yesterday was just a dream, maybe I talked to another people at class, and it wasn’t Mingyu who brought me here.

 

Because, why would he bother to brought me here and even waiting until my Mom came? He is not in the position to do that thing, and I also have to know my own position. I’m a stranger to him now, someone who he wants to avoid.

 

Soon, Wonwoo opened his eyes and smiled when our eyes met. He approached me quietly since my Mom was still sleeping. Holding my other hand, and whispering, “Are you okay now?”

I nodded, “I’m okay. She just arrived?”

“Yeah, she actually just slept.”

 

I feel sorry for Mom, she was still in her working outfit, and rushed here without having any sleep before. She had to sleep while sitting beside me, in that uncomfortable position. She must be tired, but still managed to come quickly. Maybe that’s why she needs a husband, so she wouldn’t work as hard as this.

 

And the fact that Wonwoo knows when Mom arrived means he arrived first. Did he waited by himself for all this time? So it wasn’t Mingyu but him?

 

“Didn’t you have an important gig yesterday?”

“Yeah, but when the nurse said that nobody’s waiting for you, how could I continue my gig?”

 

So, the nurse was the one who called him, and not Mingyu. I didn’t even want to ask who was the one that brought me here, because I wanted the answer to be Mingyu, and it wouldn’t be him.

 

Mom insisted to stay but I told her to go since I know that she couldn’t have a time off at this time. She has been working since the morning and I know that she’s tired, but she shouldn’t leave her responsibilities behind. I just have a fever, nothing more.

 

“Aren’t you going home, Wonwoo?”

Still watching the TV, sitting beside me, and holding my hand. “I’m going home with you later. The doctor said that you can leave tonight after the dinner.”

“After the dinner?”

“Yeah, he wants to make sure that at least you have three proper meals for today. Since you seems to skip them later.”

“Oh.”

“Can I borrow your phone charger? I forgot to bring mine.” He asked.

 

I took my bag on the nightstand, searching for the phone charger. But one thing that I realized, Mingyu’s umbrella wasn’t there. I remembered that I brought it to school that day, but it’s gone? In my dream, I gave it back to Mingyu…, was it not a dream then?

 

Did I really passed out on his arms that day? Did I really heard his voice in this room?

 

“Nara?”

Snap out of it, Kim Nara. “Here,” I gave him the phone charger.

“Oh, and are you in a fight with Mingyu?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“He was waiting for you when I just arrived here, when I thought nobody’s waiting for you. Seems like he told the nurse to call me to avoid misunderstanding? Well, I don’t know. I thought you two are quite close, but he left right away.”

 

It wasn’t dream at all. I really talked to him, gave him the umbrella, passed out on his arms, he brought me to the hospital, and he also waited for me. But if he called Wonwoo, is that mean, he knows that I’m dating Wonwoo?

 

“Nara? You are zoning out again.”

“Uh, what was that?”

“I thought Mingyu and you are quite close, Nara.”

We were really close, even closer than me and my boyfriend. But now, we are as far as stranger. “We are not that close, just a same-class friend.”

 

***

 

School isn’t that different except that Mingyu isn’t avoiding me anymore. I mean, he used to walk away whenever I walked to the same direction as him, but he doesn’t seem to mind it anymore now. Even though he still doesn’t want to talk with me.

 

It’s okay, at least he is not going to look at me with that scary eyes anymore. As usual, I was watching him and his friends playing soccer from a far. Back then, I really hated how girls are crazy over him, but now, I realized the reason. He has so many charms, he is kind, and down to earth.

 

He’s friend with anyone, loyal to his best friend, and love to help to one who needs help. He might be annoying sometimes, but that’s the way he ask for some attention and love. He doesn’t like to be disappointed (well who likes), but he forgive easily.

 

He sticks to someone who he trusts, just like how he love Seungcheol as his trustworthy friend. He always does his best in everything, even if he has to suffer a lot. Once he gave a homeless person his one and only meal, when he also hungry and had no money. He had to walk home since he spent his pocket money to the food that he couldn’t even eat at that time.

 

That’s how I realized how precious is Mingyu, and how unworthy is me for him.

 

I was walking to the class and saw Mingyu walking by himself. My feet unconsciously followed him to the rooftop where he was just standing by himself, drinking a water since he seems exhausted from soccer.

 

He might leave when he saw me, but I couldn’t help but walking closer and stand beside him. Mingyu realized that it’s me, but he didn’t move. Is it a miracle?

 

“Thank you, Mingyu.”

 

He gulped down the water, didn’t answer me but looking at the sky.

 

“If it wasn’t you, I don’t even know what will –“

“Are you okay now?”

He asked me? He really talked to me? Really? “Uh, huh?”

“Are you okay now?” still, he didn’t look at me.

“Yeah, I’m…, okay now.”

 

There was a long pause after our fist conversation. He was still loking at the sky, and I was looking at his face. Seems like he haven’t cut his hair, and it looks messy. I had to hold this urge to comb his hair with my hand like I used to do back then.

 

He really loves when someone play with his hair, just like how he loves to play with people’s hair. It’s cute how he once braided my hair, like, I don’t even know how to braid hair but he knows. And he also goo at designing things, he once said that he wants to be a interior designer and design his own house in the future.

 

His hand’s skill is amazing, he has a smart brain, and he is athletic.

 

“Mingyu.”

“Hmm?”

 

Look at me, please, I want you to look at me. I want to see your shiny eyes again, Mingyu.”

 

“Why did you call Wonwoo that day?”

“Your Mom was busy, your brother’s phone was unavailable, and Wonwoo was the last person you called.”

 

Is it the truth? Does he really not know about me and Wonwoo? Or was he lying?

 

“Why did you leave right away? You can wait for me instead of Wonwoo.”

 

I’m crazy to say those things about my own boyfriend to Mingyu who literally doesn’t even think about me.

 

“I’m not in the position to do that.” He said. And he was right. I said that thing to him back then, and it hit me back like a truck.

“Can’t we go back to what we used to be?”

“Aren’t we nothing for the whole time, Nara? I’m not your boyfriend, you didn’t treat me like your ordinary friend either. Am I you lackey? Are you going to say yes if I ask you to be my girlfriend now? No?”

“Yes, let’s date.”

 

He was shocked, and I was also shocked at was I just said. Did I agree to date him?

 

“I don’t want you to take back you words,” he walked closer, grabbing my nape, “I really, really want to hear it once again.”

“Let’s…, date.”

 

Then our lips touched with each other as I closed the gap between us. And for a moment I forgot that I still have a boyfriend who’s going to pick me up after school. While I kissed someone else, what’s Wonwoo doing? Am I really going to date two people at the same time?

 

***

 

a/n; well id it was me, I wouldnt mind dating both wonwoo and mingyu at the same time. that's a blessing, gurl.

OH AND WONWOO IS DOING HIS FIRST EVER SOLO PHOTOSHOOT FOR GQ (is that right?) MAGAZINE! you know that magazine's concept is black&white, and masculine. isnt that fit wonwoo well? who's ready to die when the photoshoot is done raise your hand let's die together.