Different

No Flex Zone

School without Mingyu, and it’s already on the first day. Since nobody annoys me like he does, and nobody is staying by my side for every seconds. I know that I’m really into him these days, but I really can’t help it. He is the only one I got at school, I really don’t have any friend here.

 

“Kim Nara,” Nayeon suddenly stopped me from walking, with her arms folded in front of her chest. This crazy .

“What?”

“Where’s Mingyu?”

“Not your goddamn business, Park Nayeon.”

“And do you think Mingyu is one of your business, Kim Nara?”

“Move.” I pushed her, but he pulled my hair. “Aw! What are you doing, ?”

“Stop seducing Mingyu, he is mine!”

I also pulled her hair, “Seducing? Do you need mirror, huh?”

“Stop pulling my hair!”

“You pulled mine first!”

 

People are gathering around us and my feeling is really bad this time. The teacher came, separating us, and of course – punishing us. I hate her whole existence, but now I have to stand in the corridor side by side with her while holding hands for damn two hours.

 

“Just if you didn’t pull my hair.” She said.

“Huh? You are the one who pulled my hair first, Nayeon!”

“Because you pushed me!”

“And that’s because you picked a fight with me!”

 

“Park Nayeon, Kim Nara! I have told you that if you’re continue to fight, you have to call your parents!”

“My Mom is in Jeju though.”

“So is my Dad, he is working.”

“Then don’t fight!” the teacher yelled at us before finally leaving. Oh , he is scary.

“Yah! Your phone is ringing, deaf!” Nayeon slapped my arms.

I slapped her back, “I know!”

 

“Hello? Oh? You are already back? Why is it so short? Okay, I will text you later.”

 

“Who is that?”

I scoffed, “Mingyu.”

“Mingyu? Why is he calling you?”

 

Why is he coming back so soon? I mean the flight itself is really long and tiring, and I thought he is going to spend his times longer with his Mom there? Did something bad happens? Or is it just my bad feelings?

 

“Yah! Answer me! What did Mingyu said to you?” Nayeon kept bothering me, but my mind is not at the right state.

 

I hope Mingyu’s okay.

 

***

 

 

“Nayeon-ah! Are you okay?” her friends were running to her as soon as the bell rang; including Kwon Byul. While nobody is asking me. Kwon Byul and I exchanged gaze for a seconds, but then she walked away with her new friends.

 

It how we were really close, and now we are acting like we don’t know each other. And I’m so pitiful that I have to spend my lunch break by myself. No one wants to sit with me so I chose the farthest table from the people. I the edge of the room, sitting by myself inside the crowded place.

 

I’ve never been this lonely before, hearing noisy sounds from people talking with each other while I don’t even have someone to listen for. I thought I have so many friends, I thought Kwon Byul is many only bestfriend, but I was wrong. I’m not that worth to be loved.

 

The tumbler from Mingyu is the only one who can make me smile right now. Because at least he remembers whatever I’ve said to him, even if it’s stupid.

 

Then my body is all wet after someone poured water on me. “What the hell!” I shouted.

Nayeon and her friends are standing behind me, smiling disgustingly. “That’s what you got for hurting our friend!”

I stood up, pouring remaining water on my tumbler on Mari – the one who poured water on me. “That’s holy water, .”

“Yah!”

 

Nayeon pulled my hair, and I do the same. People started circling us as we started to get noisy as we fight. They are really annoying, really. Everyone is really annoying today. That’s not even been five minutes until the teacher approached us, dragging both Nayeon and I to the teacher room.

 

I hate this situation, why do I have to be in such problem with her?

 

“You just finished your punishment yet you asked me to punish you, again?”

 

We didn’t say anything.

 

“Call your parents, now!”

“My Dad is still in Jeju, he can’t leave his work.”

“Then call your Mom!”

Nayeon sighed, “It’s been a while.”

“Teacher, my Mom is also still in Jeju.”

“Call your Dad!”

“I don’t have one.”

Both Nayeon and the teacher were shocked, “Call your brother.” He said.

 

Nayeon’s Mom couldn’t come so the teacher just talked with her trough the phone and I ‘m here waiting for my brother to came out from the teacher room patiently – yes, I will be dragged out as soon as he finished. I’m ready to break my eardrums; and also my bones.

 

The teacher told me to just go home with my Brother, since there’s not much time left for school. I really didn’t study anything at school today because of that damned girl. I was literally wasting my time for today.

 

“What happened to you? You are not the type to get into a fight at school.”

I shrugged, “I’m not, but she dragged me into the fight.”

“She doesn’t look like she would cause any harm, though? She is pretty, cute, and polite.”

“She does it to everyone but me.”

“Then you are the problem, Nara.”

“Oppa! Stop telling me that I’m the problem, can you? So what if Nayeon is pretty outside? Do you know her for a long time that you can judge her like that? Why is everyone always judging from first impression? Do I have to be happy, smiley, and kind every seconds in my life? Can’t I be gloomy or grumpy because I really have a bad mood for once without having people judging me?”

“Nara…”

“Stop it, I don’t want to hear you.” Then I walked to my room, locking it so that couldn’t disturb me.

 

She is pretty? And she smiles to everyone? Why do they have to be naïve? Don’t they know that Park damn Nayeon is always talking trash behind people’ back after giving them her warm smile? At least I didn’t do things like her. Even though I wear my feelings on my sleeves, at least I’m being honest.

 

And why are they hating me for being honest? I can’t believe Nayeon’s parents have a two-faced daughter like her.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“I told you I’m not going to –“

“It’s me, Wonwoo.”

 

His face is really pale, and he seems like running out of breath.

 

“I thought you have a gig today?”

He nodded, “But your brother called me that you got into a fights, and you locked yourself, you didn’t even take your dinner.”

“I’m okay though.”

“I’m sorry for coming late.” Then hugged me, and I could feel his heartbeat. His heart is beating so fast and so is his breath. Is he that panic?

“What are you saying? No need to be sorry, I’m okay, Wonwoo.”

“Finish your dinner, your brother has warmed the soup for the fifth times already because you didn’t even want to come out of your room.”

 

When we walked to the dining room, my brother is sitting by himself with two bowls of rice and soups in the table. He smiled when I sat in front of him, and when I touched the soup bowl, it’s still warm. He didn’t even eat his dinner because he is waiting for me.

 

Wonwoo bids a goodbye since he has to come back to his gig, leaving my brother and me. I’m amazed how he went far away here just to make sure I take my dinner when he also has something important to do.

 

He has to raps, he can’t lose his breath yet he is already out of breath while coming here. Geez. Please don’t ruin anything on him because of me.

 

“Sorry for today.” My brother finally started the conversation.

“It’s also my fault, I was in a really bad mood.”

“I really shouldn’t have said that you are the problem when I’m not even there when you fought.”

“I wonder how could your girlfriend stay with you when you have such a bad temper.”

He laughed, “And I wonder how could Wonwoo stays and even ran here to deal with your bad temper?”

 

***

 

“Jongin, Nara, don’t forget to come for dinner!” Mom shouted before she left for work. Both my brother and I just nodded, while questioning the invitation.

“This is really not like Mom.” He said.

“Dinner? The three of us?”

He shrugged, “She’s really strange these days.”

 

I’m happy just by seeing Mingyu who’s already back to school, and I don’t have to bring my tumbler anymore since I have him. His smile greeted me first in the morning as I ran to him to greet him back.

 

But something is really disturbing me. I’m happy because he went back faster than he had planned, but I don’t think that’s a good thing for him? But he seems okay with it, and I hope he is really okay.

 

“I heard that you got into trouble yesterday.” He said, after opening the bottle cap for me.

I took the bottle, putting a straw on it since I really have a habit to drink water with straws since I was kid. And Mingyu is already adjusted to it, he always brought me a straw. “Yes, Park Nayeon really loves to pick a fight with me.”

“Are you okay?”

It . “Of course, I’m okay. Now, tell me about your days.”

“My days?”

“Yeah, how’s America? And how’s your Mom?”

“She is… okay.”

“Is she pretty? Did you take a picture with her?”

“Oh, that’s on my camera. I will show you… later.”

“And why are you coming back so fast? I thought you are going at least three days?”

“She is busy, and I have to study.” Then he stood up, “I’m going to play soccer with the boys. See you at class!”

 

***

 

To: Mingyu

Why are you skipping class?

 

From: Mingyu

I have something to do with the boys, let’s meet tomorrow! J

 

This is really unlike him though? I thought after meeting his Mom, he is going to study harder since getting into Yale is really difficult. And he keeps saying ‘let’s meet’ when he always forget to meet me in the end.

 

He was always waiting for me until I got into the bus after school, but now he already left without me? Uh, what happened with Mingyu?

 

I went straight to the restaurant to have a dinner with Mom and Jongin but something shocked both my brother and me. Mom is not by herself there, she is with a man, and I’m sure he is her boyfriend. It’s not like I don’t like it, but she doesn’t say anything at all about this before inviting us.

 

“Jongin, Nara, come here.”

 

“You really have pretty kids,” the man said. “My name is Park Jinwoo. And I also have a daughter at your age, Nara. She is also attending Apgujeong High.”

 

This man is really trying so hard to be friendly when both my brother and I are still awkward to see out Mom with another man.

 

“Who is she?” I asked.

“Oh, she is here.”

 

Now I really hate it. His daughter is Park Nayeon, and we are exchanging gaze, looking at each other disgustingly. Out of all people, why’s Park Nayeon? Do I have to be sibling with her now that my Mom is going to marry her Dad?

 

“Dad! I thought it’s going to be just two of us?”

“And I thought it’s going to be just three of us, Mom.” I said.

“Nayeonnie, sit first. I will explain to you.”

“I have to use the toilet.”

 

I know that I shouldn’t put my Mom in an awkward situation with her boyfriend, but I really hate Park Nayeon. That girl is crazy enough to do anything to get Mingyu, and she was spreading weird rumors about me just because I’m close with Mingyu.

 

And she was the one who told the principal that Mingyu kissed me at the corridor that day. She really caused so many problems to me and I really hate that.

 

Seems like today is really my bad day that I have to meet Mina in the toilet. She is with her friends and we are all facing the mirror, washing our hands. Why do I have to meet her at this situation? Can’t it be worse? My life will complete if Kwon Byul appeared and ruin the whole thing now.

 

Mina looked at me, then smirked.

 

“I met my junior in modelling school outside.” She said.

“Really? Who’s she?”

“Park Nayeon from Apgujeong High. The same uniform as her.” She pointed at me. “She says that one of the girl she knows seduced her boyfriend, and I accidentally knows the girl too. She also seduced Wonwoo.”

Then her friend asked, “Is she the one who became Wonwoo’s girlfriend now?”

 

I can’t stand anymore. Her words are all bull. How in the world Mingyu is Nayeon’s boyfriend? And I seduced him? And I also seduced Wonwoo? Geez. She is sick.

 

When I was going to pull the door, Mina suddenly shouted, “And I’m sure Wonwoo will be bored soon. I have dated him for five years so there’s nothing that I don’t know about him. That high school girl is not even worth to touch Wonwoo, she is just going to be his runaway like any other girl who he dated every time we got into a fight. He will sleeps with her, and come back to me on the next day.”

 

Seems like she’s really happy to hurt my pride just with some sentence. And she succeed. She is right, I’m not worth for Wonwoo; I’m not even worth to be loved by anyone. They will leave in the end anyway. And she is right about everything, seems like Wonwoo will also leave me soon.

 

They’re dating for five years, just why should he dates me after that?

 

“I’m not going to eat anything, Dad. I’ve told you I don’t need any new Mom, I have my own Mom, and I don’t even need any new siblings. Kim Nara? You’ve got to be kidding me. She is the one who pulled my hair yesterday!”

“Yah! Park Nayeon! Can you behave? How old are you actually? Do you think you are the only one who hates this situation? I also hate you to death, but I’m trying to behave since my Mom is here, and also your Dad. But what did you do? Embarrassing your Dad?”

My brother grabbed my hands, “Nara, stop it.”

I stood up, “Do you really hate me because Mingyu doesn’t want to be your boyfriend that you have to spread to everyone that I seduced him? Take him if you can, Mingyu is my boyfriend anyway. And my Mom is not going to be your Mom – and I’m not going to be your sibling.” Then I bowed to Mr. Park. “I’m sorry, I have to go now. I’m going to puke.”

 

***

a/n; mean nara is back! instead of confusing myself with #TEAMMINGYU and #TEAMWONWOO thing, i'm just going to be #TEAMJONGIN lol he is really sweet as older brother i want to have one like him the one i have at home is at everything.