Cheer Up, Mingyu.

No Flex Zone

I’m watching him from the side while holding a water bottle for him. He is laughing so much while playing soccer with his friend, and I hope it will heals him. I really have to make sure that Mingyu doesn’t spend his time alone because it will make his condition worse. At least when he is with his friends, he could forget the problems for a while.

 

“Is it true that you are dating Kim Mingyu?”

“You are shocking me!” I slapped his arms, “And what are you doing here, Song Mino?”

 

Then he grabbed my wrist, dragging me away from the field.

 

“Let me go! What are you doing?!”

“Nayeon told me to drag you as far as possible from Mingyu.”

“Since when you became Nayeon’s slave?”

“Since the whole school talks about you dating Mingyu, Nayeon called me and we agreed.”

“About what?”

He smirked, “Of course to get you back for me and Mingyu for Nayeon, what else.”

“I thought we also had an agreement to act like we don’t know each other.”

 

We dated long time ago, when we were still on junior grade. Everything seems to be fine at first but then Mino really couldn’t stop his overly jealously towards me; and what’s funny was that he’s jealous because I spent most of my times to study.

 

He was really childish and he is still now. I thought he’s already dating another girl but how could he agreed to anything that Nayeon has said to him? This guy sure has so many times to do useless thing.

 

And the fact that Nayeon is really going to do anything to get Mingyu back really made me frustrated. Like, how could she even knows that I dated Mino?

 

Oh. I forgot that she is friend with Kwon Byul now.

 

“You sure have so many times to waste, Mino.”

Then Nayeon appeared, circling her arms around Mino’s waist. “And you sure have so many times to study, and dating. I mean, dating both Wonwoo and Mingyu. Can’t you choose one? Oh, right. You can’t choose one, you are greedy.”

“What did –“

“Seems like you are attached to a new guy, Nayeon?” Mingyu also approached us, and circling his arms around my shoulder; just like what Mino does to Nayeon.

Both Mino and Nayeon laughed even though there’s nothing to be laughed about right now. “This girl is two-timing you.”

“I’m not,” I said. “Stop talking nonsenses!”

 

Fortunately Mingyu made me walk away from them before Nayeon starts talking anything else. Why do I kept lying to them? Isn’t it simpler to say that I’m only dating Wonwoo and Mingyu is just my friend? But why do I have to say that Mingyu’s my boyfriend, and I can’t even say to Mingyu that I’m already dating Wonwoo?

 

I’m really greedy, and I hate it.

 

Mingyu disappeared (again) after the last class without even saying goodbye to me. Just who am I expecting a goodbye from him though? It’s not like he has to get a permission from me to go. Even though it’s really empty without him following me around.

 

Seems like I’m already crazy since I really hated him at first for following me but then I want him to be by myside now.

 

“Do you want me to walk you home?”

“Get lost, Song Mino.”

He laughed, “Nayeon told me that –“

“Nayeon this, Nayeon that, can’t you just date her at this rate, huh?!”

 

I got into the bus but Mino followed me, well, we have the same direction.

 

We are sitting side by side, then he continued, “But I don’t want to date her, though? Park Nayeon is really easy, just kiss her once and she sticks with you.”

 

And I suddenly remembered that Mingyu also kissed Nayeon that made her attached to him like this. Just what’s wrong with him that he had to kiss her and left her the day after?

 

“She told me that Mingyu kissed her, and that’s what made her attached to him.” Geez. Did Mino just read my mind? “But I doubt it just a kiss. I mean, Nayeon is really going all out doing anything to get Mingyu back just because, a kiss? I think they’re doing more than a kiss.”

 

If this is their intention to distract me, then they’re almost success because I’m starting to think about that. Maybe they really did more than a kiss, or maybe not. Maybe they were in love with each other, or maybe not.

 

Maybe Mingyu is going to do the same thing to me, or maybe not.

 

“Maybe Mingyu is going to do the same thing to you, Nara.” He said. And once again, how did he read my mind so easily?

 

I put on my earphones, turning the volume of the music up. I really don’t want to hear this guy’s nonsense talk anymore. Because he seems to brainwash me to leave Mingyu. Maybe he thinks that I’m easy to brainwash, well I’m not stupid.

 

“I’m home!”

“You’re here!”

 

Wonwoo is welcoming me as we hugged, and I can’t believe he’s waiting for me by himself? Nobody is at my house, even my brother, and he is watching TV by himself. “What are you doing here? Where’s my brother?”

“He is leaving with Soojung.”

 

Seems like it’s his intention to stay so we can have a time for just two of us. I love cuddling with him, because he always give me the comfort that nobody could give. And the way he smiles is really a healing for me, to be honest, Wonwoo rarely smiles but when he smiles, it looks brighter than a sunshine.

 

Am I taking it too far? Maybe because the atmosphere is too good right now. It reminded me of the first time we met, on the same sofa, and we stupidly kissing with each other after a five minutes of conversation.

 

“Ouch!”

He stopped, “I’m sorry, Nara.”

“You sure love to bite my lips while kissing me, huh? Look, it’s bleeding.”

“I’m sorry… I won’t bite you again, really.” Then he leaned for another kiss, even after knowing that my lips is still bleeding and it hurts.

 

After dating him for a while, seems like I finally knows his habit. He likes to bite. I mean, this is not the first time he bites my lips. And sometimes he is trying to bite my arm, or my neck, even my head.

 

“Are you a vampire?” I asked, after realizing that he’s attempting to bite my arm while my focus is on the TV.

He laughed, “I don’t know, my habit is kind of strange.”

“It’s cute though.”

“Who’s cute?” he asked, while pinching my cheeks playfully. “You are the one who’s cute, Kim Nara.”

 

“One last kiss, please.” He pleaded, “I’m going home.”

“Okay.” I tiptoed to reach his height, and kissed his lips. At first I was just going to give him a quick kiss but then he grabbed my nape, then deepened the kiss. My arms were roaming on his body to his hair. Seems like Wonwoo’s aware that my feet is already tired of tiptoeing, so he grabbed my , carrying me, and I linked my legs around his waist. “Seems like this one last kiss is lasting longer than the other?”

He kissed my neck, whispering, “I don’t mind doing another one, in your bed.”

“You really have to go home now, bye!” I pushed him, and he just laughed it off while walking to his car. Staying with him any longer won’t make me any better honestly, he is just that irresistible.

 

Well he is Jeon Wonwoo, who could resist him?

***

 

My Mom came home early today, and when I was about to leave the living room, she stopped me. “Honey, we have to talk.”

I scoffed, “Honey? But you just said that I’m embarrassing you yesterday.”

“Do you hate Mr. Park so much?”

“You should’ve asked me earlier before jumping out to conclusion that I hate him, I can’t behave well, and I’m embarrassing you to be honest.”

“Nara, I was going to introduce you but –“

“You should’ve told me earlier before arranging the dinner. And did you went to Jeju with him? Unbelievable, you have no one than your children yet we don’t know anything. And on top of that, his daughter is Park Nayeon, and I hate her. And I hate you for shielding her while I’m trying to protect you that day.”

 

She couldn’t say anything so I walked to my room, locking myself so my Mom wouldn’t barge in and destroy my mood. These day I kept wondering, can’t I have a day without being grumpy? Or sad?

 

I just had great time with Wonwoo but then Mom destroyed everything. I thought she is going to apologize, or at least explain anything to me. But she was basically shielding Park’s family in front of me. She wants me to accept both Mr. Park and his daughter without even asking me why do I hate Park Nayeon.

 

Back then she would ask me everything that happened at school eventhough she’s busy with her works, to the point that she also knows about the number two Mingyu who’s always catching my rank behind.

 

But now, she doesn’t even know that I have a clash with Kwon Byul, she doesn’t even know that I got a boyfriend, she also doesn’t know that I ranked second at class. How ironic that a man could change her.

 

From: Mingyu

Hey, I’m outside. Come here.

 

I was about to take my jacket then my phone’s ringing. And I thought it was Mingyu, but it wasn’t.

 

“Hello?”

“Hello? Nara?” he said, seems that I know the voice?

“Yes, who is it?”

“I’m Mingyu’s Dad.”

 

I really have a bad feeling after hearing his trembling voice. And my feeling is always right. I just hope nothing bad is happened to Mingyu.

 

“Oh, Mr. What happens?”

“Nara… Nara… do you know where’s Mingyu? He didn’t come back for two nights already, I’m worried about him, Nara.”

“But he attended the study group yesterday, school today, and… he said that he’s in front of my house right now. I was going to meet him, Mr.”

 

I could hear him sighing in relief, and cried through the phone.

 

“Is he okay?”

“Not really. Something seems off.”

“Nara… can you do me a favor?”

“Sure, Mr.”

“Please don’t leave Mingyu alone, at least cheer on him, tell him million times that everything’s okay. Just do anything that will make him feel at ease, would you?”

“But… what happened to him actually?”

There’s a pause before he answered me, “He went to America to meet his Mom. But everything was a mess. Seems like his Mom doesn’t want to meet him. I had told him to just stay with me, but he said that I’m doing it so he can’t meet his Mom. When actually I do it because I know that his Mom would do something like this. She didn’t go to America with a man without a reason, Nara. I just don’t want Mingyu to be hurt. He was coming back from America with that gloomy face in a short time, I know that he is disappointed after knowing the truth about his Mom.”

 

While holding my tears, I’m walking outside to meet Mingyu. No, I shouldn’t cry in front of him, I have to be strong and cheer on him. He was really holding back everything so well, if I were him, I wouldn’t be able to smile and even play soccer with my friends though. But he is strong; a really strong guy.

 

Seeing he smiling in front of me just made my heart hurts more. Because his sentences that day kept repeating on my mind. I hugged him tightly that he became confused, and just caressing my back.

 

“What’s wrong, Nara?”

“A Mom would never hate her own child. A Mom would never disappoint her own child.” I said, repeating what he had said back then when he was trying to soothe me. “Everything is going to be okay, Mingyu. Don’t worry.”

 

And that’s how I felt my shoulder is wet, and he is starting to tremble. At first he was just crying without a sound, but then he started crying like a baby. It’s okay, I want him to cry and let go of everything.

 

“It hurts, Nara.” He said while crying, and shouting.

I patted his back, still holding my tears. “I know, Mingyu.”

***

a/n; why do i want to cry after thinking about mingyu crying that hardT___________T