Birthday Sorry

No Flex Zone

He was back for a while then taking his phone, “I’m going to the toilet.” He said. If he’s behaving like that then I’m going to be suspecting more of him and Mina. If there’s really nothing on the phone then why should he took it while going to the toilet?

 

No, Kim Nara. I have to cool my mind. There’s no way Wonwoo would cheat on me with Mina. He already said that he doesn’t want to be in a relationship with her anymore though. It’s difficult. I also have something going on with Mingyu – even though it’s still ambiguous – but my heart is surely divided in two. I shouldn’t make a fuss over something like this, Wonwoo has a right to be a friend with another girl, too.

 

“Sleep well.” He said after kissing my cheek.

I smiled, “You too.” And closed the door.

 

Even after taking a shower with cold water, I still couldn’t cool down my mind. It’s not just about Wonwoo, it’s also about Mingyu who rejected my calls and my messages. I know that I’m at fault for leaving him, but really, can’t him at least pick up my call?

 

On the next day I realized that yesterday was Saturday and there’s no school on Sunday. How could I even hate Sunday now that I can’t meet Mingyu? Gosh. My mind is really in a mess right now. And the fact that Wonwoo is busy with his gig doesn’t help me at all.

 

“He said that his gig is at night but why would he be this busy since the morning?”

Seems like my brother doesn’t even take my words seriously as he kept eating the chips. “He is busy.” He answered, unhelpfully.

“I know, I know! But is he that busy?”

He finally threw the remote straight to my head, and it was hurt as hell. “Stop whining, would you? You are now dating a college student, and it’s almost midterm test for us, and he is also busy with his gig. Can’t you be more considerate?”

I threw the remote back to him, “And you are also a college student who’s going to face the midterm test. Stop acting like unemployed bum by watching TV all day, Kim Jongin!”

“What did you say?!”

 

How the hell he is doing that he couldn’t even answer my calls even once? Is he really studying and practicing all day long? Amazing. Nothing works for me. Neither Wonwoo nor Mingyu were answering my calls and it . And why should I deal with both of them? If they don’t need me then it’s okay, I’m not going to try anymore.

 

From: Wonwoo

I’m sorry I was busy, answer my call, Nara.

 

I’m not going to be that easy though. He ignored my calls for the whole day and suddenly telling me to answer his? He must be joking, he is not even apologizing to me.

 

From: Wonwoo

Kim Nara, aren’t you going to come? I’m freezing outside!

 

He is outside?!

 

“Next time you have to answer my call at once, got it?” said Wonwoo, as I walked closer to him and he smiled.

“You didn’t answer mine at once either.”

“You know,” he placed his index finger on my forehead, “I was busy for real, people kept dragging me here and there because…, because it’s my birthday!”

“You birthday?”

He scoffed, “You don’t even know your boyfriend’s birthday, huh?”

 

Goddamnit. I really missed a big times.

 

“You, you don’t even tell me!”

“Forget it,” he turned back, walking away.

 

I ran to him, trying to hold his hand. I know that he is not mad at me for realy, but still disappointed because I don’t even know his birthday. We were heading to the store, and I told him to sit outside while I bought a piece of cake inside. The wind is blowing so strong that I had to protect the candle with my palm.

 

“Happy birthday!”

He laughed, “Forget it, I’m annoyed.”

“If you are annoyed, don’t even think to laugh and smile like that, stupid! Blow the candle!”

“Okay!” he was praying at first then blown the candle at once. “Thank you.” He said.

“Just a piece of cake, though.”

“Actually I was going to take you to my house, since my Mom is making a lot of delicious foods for dinner.”

“Really? I wouldn’t say no, Wonwoo!”

“But you have to change your clothes first.”

“Of course!”

 

He is really talkative today, and just being Jeon Wonwoo as usual; telling lame jokes which it’s just him who could understand. I can’t believe that his jokes are really unfunny that I want to laugh because of it; not because the jokes were funny.

 

Maybe he thought that he has funny jokes that’s why he is laughing so hard. Well, I will just let it slide since it’s his birthday.

 

“My life would be boring without you, really.” He said.

Of course that would be boring as hell because no one would laugh at your jokes like I do. “And how’s the gig?”

“Many people came, and did a surprise event at the end.” Then he stopped the car, “We are here!”

 

But his house were dark that we thought there were a blackout. Like, really, it was really dark and seems like nobody’s home. I thought his family made a birthday dinner for him? While holding my hands, I kept looking at his flustered face. Of course he would be flustered, the situation was really different than his expectation.

 

“Maybe they’re already sleeping.” He said as he pressed the password on the door.

 

But…

 

“Happy birthday!”

 

All the lights were , confetti were being thrown, and people’s expression were changing in a flash of seconds; so did we.

 

His Mom and Dad, his brother…, and also Mina were standing there with a birthday cake on Mina’s hands. And they’re all questioning my attendances. I couldn’t move my body, I can’t even look down at my feet since it was too embarrassing; I really wanted to disappear.

 

His parents sure doesn’t even know that Wonwoo is now my boyfriend and he broke up already with Mina, and Bohyuk’s face was just as flustered as Wonwoo’s, while Mina was trying to control her facial expression just like me.

 

“Blow the candle, Wonwoo!” Bohyuk tried to break the ice, “I didn’t know that you’d bring your girlfriend.” He tried to laugh, but no one’s following him.

 

His parents were shocked, and I accidentally saw his Mom’s hand were patting Mina’s back and I could see her smirking towards me already.

 

“Oh my God! Who’s here?” his Dad approached me, patting my head. “What’s your name, pretty?”

“Me? I mean,” I bowed ninety degrees to them, “My name is Kim Nara.”

“Can you all leave us for a while? I’m going in later.” Wonwoo said, and they quickly left both of us.

 

Is it weird if I want to cry? I feel like my pride was being stepped by them – especially Mina. I was extremely excited to meet Wonwoo’s family, but I didn’t know that it would turned out like this. This is hell.

 

“Nara – I – I really – really didn’t know that Mina would come. I swear to God!”

 

I hope he’s being honest.

 

“It’s okay. It’s something unexpected though.” I said, trying to fake a smile as much as I could. “Let’s go, your parents must be waiting for you.”

“Are you sure you are going? I mean, if you’re uncomfortable, I can drive you home.”

 

Even though this situation is embarrassing, no way I would leave Wonwoo and his family with Mina back there. I have to show them that I’m his girlfriend, not Mina. That girl should know who’s she messing with, Kim Nara, won’t lose.

 

“Sure, what’s wrong? I want your parents know that I’m your girl, not her.”

He laughed, “As expected, Kim Nara!”

 

Well, it’s awkward. They’re not talking at all maybe they’re feeling uncomfortable around me. But what’s making me feel bad was that Mina’s trying so hard to satisfy Wonwoo’s parents. I mean, she kept whispering things to his Mom, placing food to his Dad’s plate, and even to Wonwoo’s plate.

 

Sure, she would act like I’m such an invisible loser here.

 

“Mrs, actually I bought some fruits on the way here. Of course this is absolutely nothing than your delicious foods.” I said. And I’m thankful that I decided to buy those fruits before.

She took the package, smiling, “Thank you, honey. And just call me Mom, okay?”

“And call me Dad.” His dad added.

I nodded happily, “Of course, Mom, Dad!” I’m happy that Wonwoo’s family is at least welcoming me. And also…, it’s been a while since the last time I said ‘Dad’.

 

His Mom hugged me when I was about to leave, while Mina’s still looking at me disgustingly. I know that I’ve beaten her so hard that everything’s not as she planned. Sure she didn’t know that I was going to come, but she was confident that I would be an outcast.

 

Well she doesn’t even know that I don’t like losing especially to a person like her. And this is just a start, next time if she tries to mess with me again, I’m going to do worse than this. This is nothing though I didn’t do anything to her. She’s actually lucky for today.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.” He apologized after stopping the car in front of my house. We weren’t talking all the way to my house, and I couldn’t even talk to him since his face was really scary.

 

I thought a blank face Wonwoo was strangely y, but I found out today that it’s also strangely scary.

 

“But I did well, right? Mina will never step on me, Wonwoo. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“Because you are Kim Nara?”

“Yeah, because I’m Kim Nara, I could handle everything by myself.” Actually except opening a water bottle.

He smiled a little, then hugging me, “Of course, my girlfriend is Kim Nara. I don’t have to worry.”

Then I kissed his cheek, “You have to go now, call me when you’re home. Bye!”

“Bye!”

 

***

 

“Yah! Kim Mingyu! Are you going to ignore me forever?”

 

I kept following him around, calling his name, shouting for his attention, and he doesn’t even mind to look at me. So this is how it feels when he was following me around and I kept rejecting him? Is he going for a payback?

 

“I have no times to talk with you.” I said, when Nayeon annoyingly standing in front of me. Stopping me from following Mingyu. “What do you want? Move!”

“Who told you to agree on your Mom and my Dad’s marriage? I thought we agreed to stop them?!”

I scoffed, “Is that all? I have something more important to take care of right now!”

She held my wrist, “I don’t want your Mom to marry my Dad, and I don’t want you to be my sibling! Is your family planning on my family’s money, huh?”

“Listen to me, stupid. My family has so much money that we don’t even need your Dad to feed us, and I also don’t want to be your sibling. But can’t you use your heart a little bit? Your Dad needs someone beside him to spend the future, whoever it is. And unfortunately it’s my Mom, perhaps. Oh, and you also have to use your brain, inviting both Wonwoo and Mina to the party? Do you think I’m falling for it?”

“Still I don’t want it! Can’t you understand me, huh? And also, I didn’t invite Mina, stupid. I didn’t even know why she was there, stop suspecting me for bad things!”

 

She didn’t? Then why was Mina attending the party? Who told her to come then?

 

“Because doing stupid bad things is just like you.”

She stomped her feet to the ground, “Yah! Who do you think you are?”

“Kim Nara.”

“Argh! Whatever! I’ve told Mingyu about everything anyway, you really have to end everything in no times.”

 

. What did she say?

 

“Stop it, both of you!” Mingyu suddenly came, grabbing my wrist. “I need to talk with you.” Well, isn’t it good that he finally want to talk with me?

 

“Oh my God, you finally stop rejecting me, Kim Mingyu!”

“Don’t you have things that you wanted to talk with me?”

 

This is the first time I’ve seen Mingyu talking in a cold tones to me by the way. He’s scary.

 

“I have. A lot! Why didn’t you answer my calls last night? I was going to explain everything!”

“Shouldn’t I be the one who ask that? Why didn’t you answer mine?”

“Because…, I couldn’t answer yours at first. Something came up that I really had to leave quickly. Really.”

“That ain’t the problem, Nara.” Wow. He really is scary. “The problem is that yesterday isn’t the first time you left me without saying anything. You left me worried, you know?!”

“But…, I’m okay…”

“But I didn’t even know if you’re okay or not!”

 

Amazing. He didn’t even smile a bit. He is obviously mad at me.

 

“I know, I know, I’m sorry. But aren’t you going too overboard about this?”

“Why? Because I’m not your boyfriend? Is that right? Because I’m not your boyfriend so our kiss was nothing. Is that right?”

“Actually…,”

 

Actually I loved kissing him, but the feeling was also weird. Like, my lips kissed two people at the same day.

 

“Can’t I kiss you while being your friend?!”

“But you said a kiss is just a kiss, you told that to Nayeon!”

“Heol, I can’t believe you really have no heart.” He messed with his hair. “Can’t I worrying about you as a friend? Can’t I like you then? Can’t I get mad at you? Can’t I be your priority? Just don’t leave me when something came up or getting hard, Nara.”

“Mingyu…”

 

It feels like I’m getting smaller and smaller in front of angry Mingyu. Angry Mingyu is even scarier than my Mom when she was angry at me.

 

“Okay, of you think so. Just let’s stop being a friend. Date me instead.”

 

Is he really asking me to date him…, while being angry? And, didn’t Nayeon told him everything about me and Wonwoo? What was it? Did Nayeon just threatening me, or did Mingyu pretending like he doesn’t know everything?

 

I mean, if he knows that I’m dating Wonwoo then he would never ask me to date him, right?

 

“Mingyu – I,”

“I can’t do anything for you because you friendzoned me so much, Nara! Let’s date!”

 

***

 

a/n: did Mingu just confessed to me? /squeals/ -- I meant Nara not me. lol crying after this.