Heart Stopping

I LOVE YOU..r money
Donghae held Luna until her cries died down. He held her as she cried and muttered nonsense that he couldn’t understand, he did understood parts of her mumbles and many of it contained a lot of sorry. 
“How are you feeling?” he asked her as he gently smoothed her hair. Luna didn’t say anything but she nodded against his hand. 
That was when a pang shot through him. Victoria. 
Donghae slowly detached himself from Luna and swallowed at her lost stare. He held up a finger to tell her to wait as he rushed to the balcony and looked down. His heart dropped when he saw Nichkhun, leading Victoria towards the small room off the side of the ball room. That wasn’t what caused his heart to drop. It was the man in the mask, following them in a distance. 
Donghae snapped into action as he turned around to Luna, who was still on the floor. 
“Luna, I need you to call the po—” he didn’t finish his sentence when pain exploded in the back of his head, sending him toppling to the ground. The last thing he heard was Luna crying out his name before his world turned black. 
========================
Victoria felt Nichkhun’s hand tightened on hers when Victor revealed himself to him, which was a totally different reaction she expected from him. She would’ve thought he would repel from him and yell at her for lying to him the second time, but all he did was held her tighter. 
“So you were the one who left all those scars on her body” Nichkhun growled and Victoria flinched at the iciness of his voice.  
“Indeed I did, I felt that I did an excellent job at it too” Victor gloated and Victoria felt sick in her stomach. 
“You sick son of a . She’s your daughter” Nichkhun pulled Victoria behind him, shielding her from his father. 
“Irrelevant” victor brushed it away. “She’s a demon child. If I had my way, I would kill her myself but tonight, I'm on an assignment” 
Victoria could see Nichkhun visibly vibrating from anger. She gently placed a hand on his arm, which dulled his vibration but she could feel his anger radiation through the room. 
“What do you want?” Nichkhun bit out. 
“I'm here to kill you.  Orders from the master himself” at that, Victor pulled out a slim black gun from his waist band. 
“Master?” 
“Mr Lee” Victoria aided his curiosity. 
“He works for my father” Nichkhun murmured.
“Yes, but he wants it all to himself! And in order to do that, he has to get rid of you. Stupid little brat” victor his gun like it was a pet. His eyes were going crazy and Victoria couldn’t help but shrink back further. He has the exact same look to him when he was going to kill her. the black orbs lack humanity, it was cold and unremorseful.
“goodbye, Nichkhun Horvjkul” 
===================
Donghae’s head felt wet and every time he moved pain strike. Sharp and painful. 
“I’m sorry son, it was never meant to be that hard” Donghae opened his eyes to see his father standing over him, dried blood covered his hands and over his silver suit as he looked down at him. 
“you’re not my dad” Donghae spat out and for a flicker of a moment, he thought he saw pain from his father’s eyes but it disappeared as fast as it came. 
“come now, oppa. He’s your father” Donghae turned painfully to his side to see Luna sitting on the chair, a gleeful smile on her face, all the traces of her little break down gone from her face. Bile rose in his stomach when he knew that she had been playing him. 
“you...snake” Luna rolled her eyes as she looked away from him. standing up, she grabbed her phone and headed towards the door. 
“uncle, I’m going to make a quick call. Be right back!” she said cheerfully as she strut outside, she send Donghae one last look before the door closes. 
“where’s your hoon? Why did you have to get into your own dirty work?” Donghae blinked at the blinding pain and fight the urge to pass out. 
“it’ll be too suspicious and beside, if you want things done right, you got to do it on your own” his father ran his hand through a dirty cloth, trying to get rid of the remaining of the blood. 
“no words can express how much I hate you” Donghae gritted out. 
“I’m sorry to disappoint you but I sincerely don’t care” his father smiled and Donghae wanted to puke. 
He was about to say something else when Luna came into the room, her smile wavered a little. 
“who was that?” his father asked, stopping Luna in her tracks. 
“my mother” she answered easily but Donghae’s father looked like he had caught on. 
“give me your phone” Luna shrank back from his extended hand, shakily bringing out her phone from her dress pocket. She took in a deep breath and handed Donghae’s dad the phone. 
That was when something unexpected happen, she put in everything as she purposely pushed his father. He wasn’t expecting it either, because he went over, falling flat on his back. 
Hurriedly, Luna ran over to Donghae’s side. Her breathing was coming out harder and harsher. Her hands shook as she helped him up. 
“Luna, what are you doing?” Donghae couldn’t believed that she actually went against her father, the man she looked up to and loved so much. 
“I called the police, they’re on their way. you need to go help Nichkhun” she said in a rush as she helped him up. Donghae’s head swam as he lost his footing. The world was spinning and he couldn’t walk straight. Pain shot through his head with every step he took. 
“Stop, or I’ll shoot” the eerie calm of his father’s voice made them both turn. What between them was a long silver gun that matched his father’s suit. And it was aiming straight at them. 
“you wouldn’t” Donghae looked at his father to the gun and back again. his father curled his lips as he pulled the safety and the bullet clicked into place. 
“try me”
He could hear how hard Luna was breathing and the shakiness of her body. He wanted to protect her but at the moment, he couldn’t even protect himself. 
“Run” he barely moved his lips but he could feel that Luna heard him when her body stopped shaking. 
“Now” he shouted and both of them hurled themselves out the door when the gun went off with a pop.  An angry cursed came from the other side of the door but nothing followed. Donghae let out a relief laugh and looked down at Luna. 
“are you okay?” Luna smiled up at him and nodded, which made him released another relief sigh. They were okay. 
“you need to meet the police at the entrance and lead them to Nichkhun” 
“what about you?” Donghae felt that something was wrong with her but he couldn’t spot anything when he looked down at her red dress. 
“nothing, just a little shaken up” Luna smiled again and pushed him to go. “I’ll meet with you at the end of all this” 
“okay” Donghae reached for her but she warned him off. he ignored the stab of disappointment in his chest but ignored it as he pushed through his physical pain and head towards the entrance. 
==================
Luna watched Donghae go, his collar was red from the gash on the back of his head and she in a breath when he stumbled but righted himself before he disappeared around the corner. That was when her legs collapsed and she allowed herself to sink to the ground. 
Her breath came out more shallower and the pain had finally started to spread through every inch of her body. Luna thanked the lord she decided to wear a red dress today, which was why Donghae didn’t look alarmed when he examined her. 
The bullet they thought they all dodged had embedded itself on Luna’s side and now she could feel the blood soaking the fabric of her dress. 
Luna focused on her breathing as she put the pressure on her wound and close her eyes. 
=========================
Nichkhun didn’t think but acted on the spot when he jumped in front of Victor and veered his wrist as he shoot. The loud bang echoed the room and he could hear Victoria scream from behind him and fought the urge to turn around. 
For an older man, Victor sure was stronger than he looked. Nichkhun exhaled sharply when an elbow stabbed his stomach. he didn’t wait to throw the punch that snapped Victor’s head back, loosing the grip on his gun. 
Taking the opportunity, Nichkhun twisted his hand and victor yelled from pain as he dropped his gun. Pain radiated through his face as blood exploded in his mouth and a vivid sting came from his tongue. He had bit it. damn. 
Grabbing Victor by the shoulders, Nichkhun drove his knee into the older man’s stomach, causing him to bend over and clutch his stomach. Nichkhun upper-cut Victor in the face, causing him to stumble backwards but it didn’t take long for the older man to rebound back up. 
“Victoria, run!” Nichkhun yelled as he landed another jab at Victor’s face before pain bloomed on his cheek. 
“no!” he could hear her but she was nowhere to be seen. That was until he saw arms wrapped around Victor’s neck, pulling him back. 
“I got him! I got him!” she screamed, tightening her hold on her father’s. Even in that moment, a smile appeared on his lips. damn he missed her, and it felt damn good to have her back. 
Her hollered was cut off however when Victor elbowed her from behind. Victoria gasped and her hands disappeared from around Victor’s neck but Nichkhun managed to land another punch on victor’s face before his jaw erupted in pain. 
“you of a daughter!” Victor exploded as he turned around and kneed Victoria in the stomach. her scream was muffled when victor slapped her across the face. Nichkhun took Victor from behind, putting him in a head lock Victoria had failed to do a second before and help him there. 
Nichkhun dodged two of the three elbow jabs victor delivered, but he ran out of luck when the third one took his breath away. 
Nichkhun tightened the hold around victor’s head and soon, he could feel victor getting heavier, his arms started to go limp. Once victor had gone limp all together, Nichkhun let out a relief sigh as he dropped Victor on the floor. 
“is he dead?” Victoria asked, her voice came out as short little puffs. Hurriedly, Nichkhun rushed over to her side and hugged her tight to him. she let out a shaky breath before wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her masked face in his chest. 
“not yet” he relaxed himself by smoothing her hair. Nichkhun could see his hand shaking as it moved up and down Vic’s black hair. 
“Are you okay?” she muttered into his chest. Nichkhun tilted up her face by her chin and examined the blooming red mark on her cheek. 
“Are you?”Victoria nodded. Nichkhun gently caress her face as he softly kissed her red cheek. 
“You look worse for wear” Victoria giggled as she brought her hand up to his face, gently wiping away blood from his eyebrow that was close to his eye. 
“you should see the other guy” Nichkhun flinched. That was when it hit him. 
“where did the gun go?” Victoria’s eyes widened when realisation dawned on him. 
“right here” victor’s voice made them turn around. 
There he was, standing on two feet, holding the gun, pointing right at them. 
That was when everything went so fast yet slowed down at the same time. Nichkhun could hear the safety click and the sound of bullet moving into place. He could see Victor’s hand slowly pulling the trigger and Nichkhun started to push Victoria out of the way when the force coming at him was so unexpected that he stumbled backwards, away from Victoria. 
The loud crack of the bullet went off twice and Victoria’s body jerked as each bullet buried itself into her. Nichkhun couldn’t find his voice as he watched her fell to her knees, her golden dress was now covered with red as it trailed down from her stomach wound. 
“Victoria!” Nichkhun screamed out her name and tears burned his eyes as he watched her fall to the ground. Her eyes on his at all times, but what made his stomach clench was the emptiness in those brown eyes. 
 
Even from where he was, he could see she was not breathing. 
 
She was dead
=====================================================================================================================
NOT LONG NOW!
Sorry I haven't been updating! I just had my exams all of last week. I feel FREE nowwww
thank you for the birthday wish! :D
It's now coming to a close. I hope you guys like this story, because of you, i actually wanted to finish this story. <3<3
Don't forget to check out my other khuntoria fanfic I'm starting after I finish this one.