Dark Knight

I LOVE YOU..r money

 

Victoria felt her phone vibrated in her back pocket, taking it out, she checked who was calling her, when Donghae’s picture came up, Victoria hesitantly put her phone back down. Nichkhun gave her a confused look from across the table. 
“Aren’t you going to take that?” Nichkhun asked, putting a piece of meat into his mouth.
“Uh, it’s nothing important” Victoria said as she avoided his eyes. After 5 minutes of continuous ringing, Nichkhun looked at her again.
“If you’re not going to take it, let me answer it for you” Nichkhun stretched out his hand.
“No, no. I’ll get it. Wait here” Victoria got up from the table hurriedly and walked as far away as she could from Nichkhun. The restaurant was loud enough to drown out her voice. 
“Why are you calling?” was the first thing Victoria said. The sound of Donghae’s laugh irritated her to no ends. 
“Come on, Vic. I just wanted to meet up to talk business” Donghae’s voice had turned serious.
“Business about what?” Victoria looked cautiously to where Nichkhun was sitting; he was looking at her the whole time. 
“I can’t talk over the phone, just come meet me” 
“It’s already late” Victoria avoided his idea, there's no way shes going with him, the whole situation just gives her a bad vibe.
“Why are you being like this Victoria? Don’t you trust me anymore? Where the hell is all this from?”
“FINE! I’ll go. Where do you want to meet?” Victoria could feel Donghae smile from the other side of the phone. 
“Around 1, I know it’s late but I'm busy right now. I’ll text you the address” 
“Fine” Victoria hung up right after, cutting off what Donghae was going to say next. 
A few seconds later, a text came with the address. Victoria didn’t know where it was but made a note in her mind to check it out before she gets there. Pasting on a smile, Victoria walked back to the table, where Nichkhun was looking at her with a silent question hanging between them.
“It was nothing, just amber” a relief look came from Nichkhun before they started to eat again. 
=============================
“I'm a little tired. I'm going to bed” Victoria said from the sofa. She was acting strange, her head kept darting to the clock every 5 seconds. Nichkhun could feel the tension in her shoulders. 
“Okay, I’ll go too” Nichkhun agreed as they both went up to bed. It was barely 11, which was strange because normally, Victoria would go to sleep around 2 or 3 in the morning because she kept watching stupid dramas reruns all through the night. 
When Nichkhun came out from the bathroom, Victoria was already in bed. Her head tucked under the covers. Nichkhun walked over to the heater to turn it up, the weather nowadays were getting colder by the second, in no time at all, snow might start to fall. 
Carefully, Nichkhun climbed into bed and was surprised that Victoria wasn’t on her side of the bed but in the middle, on the dividing line. Smiling to himself, Nichkhun crept up and lay next to Victoria. Her body was warm and soft. Carefully, Nichkhun wrapped his strong arms around her petite waist. With her back to him, Nichkhun could feel their bodies fit together perfectly. The curve of her legs fit in with his perfectly. 
“Good night” Nichkhun murmured it softly in her ear. Victoria made a sound that's similar to good night before going back to sleep again. Nichkhun closed his eyes and buried his face in Victoria’s soft hair as he drifted slowly into sleep.
Nichkhun was a light sleeper, when he felt Victoria stirred beside him, his eyes snapped open. In the darkness, he could see her silhouette moving off the bed. The bed lifted a little as Victoria got out of bed, his arms felt cold and empty when Victoria left them. As he shifted, Victoria froze after a short while, she began to move again. Going to her wardrobe, Victoria grabbed some clothes before slipping into the bathroom.
“Where is she going?” Nichkhun thought to himself. Acting fast, he slipped out of the bed and replaced his figure with pillows so when Victoria comes back out, it would’ve looked like he was still asleep. Lucky for his messiness, Nichkhun felt his jeans a few steps away from his bed and the shirt hanging on the coat hanger, also  grabbing his thick coat for good measures. Putting it on roughly, Nichkhun ran out of the bedroom quickly, quietly as possible down the stairs and into the garage. Picking out his car, Nichkhun hop into his BMW and waited for Victoria. From the coldness outside, Nichkhun blew into his palms and wished he had hot coffee to keep him warm. This wasn’t the first time he followed Victoria somewhere, and he hoped this would be the last time. 
When the garage light came on, Nichkhun quickly duck his head and prayed that Victoria didn’t chose his car or the one next to it. Pecking up to see over his dashboard, Nichkhun could see Victoria, in jeans and a thick cream coat, hopping into the BMW X6, the big SUV.
“You hated that car” Nichkhun murmured as he bought out his phone. Hoping Victoria brought along her phone, Nichkhun the tracker and thank you god, Victoria’s phone was located in his garage, which means shes taking it with her. 
The garage came up soundlessly and Victoria cruised out of the driveway. Checking his phone, Nichkhun made the setting on track, gave it 3 minutes before he followed her out. 
 The streets were still busy this time of night, which was fortunate because Victoria won’t notice that someone is following her. 
Nichkhun followed her for 20 minutes and when she pulled up at a Grand hotel, Nichkhun had to raise an eyebrow, what was she doing, sneaking around at night going to hotels?
Parking a couple of spaces away from her, Nichkhun waited for Victoria to get out of the car and walk into the hotel because Nichkhun turned off his engine and followed her in. 
Without asking the front desk, Victoria went straight to the elevator, pressed a number and went in. Nichkhun waited again for the door to close before he went to check out which floor she was going on. The number 25 light up, indicates that she selected the 25th floor. 
Going to the next elevator, Nichkhun presses the 25th floor and hoped the doors don’t open at the same time. Different scenarios were going through his head at the same time. What was she doing at a hotel? Why did she have to sneak out? Who was she meeting? Was it that important she couldn’t tell him?
The Bing of the elevator sounded and the door opened. Nichkhun held his breath, when it opened and Victoria was nowhere to be seen, Nichkhun let out a breath. 
Nichkhun could see Victoria’s hair as she went around the corner. Nichkhun picked up his step and followed her. As he went around the corner, he bumped into someone. Nichkhun’s heart skipped a beat when he saw she has long hair and wore almost the same clothes as Victoria. 
“Oh, sorry” he muttered as he tried to hide his face. 
“That’s okay” a different voice, Nichkhun looked up to see she was totally different from Victoria in every other aspect, she wore glasses and her face were not as flawless as Victoria’s. 
Nichkhun smiled at her one last time before following where he thought Victoria went. She rounded another corner, this time Nichkhun was more cautious and only stuck his head around the corner, only to get a shock. 
Donghae was standing in the open doorway, wearing a bathrobe, smiling at Victoria. He took a step back to let Victoria in. Hesitantly, Victoria contemplates weather to go in. Nichkhun wanted to yell at her not to. 
Nichkhun froze when Victoria turned his direction and their eyes met. Hers were alarmed and surprised, however she didn’t say anything. 
“What?” he could hear Donghae’s faint question. 
“Nothing, let’s go in” Victoria said, took a look at Nichkhun again before walking into the room. 
Emotions were flooding Nichkhun’s system. Just before, he felt like he could fly; now he felt like he just drank poison and is now waiting for a moment to die. Betrayal and anger was boiling over but there's nothing he could do now. 
Turning around, Nichkhun walked away, wishing it would hurt less than he wanted it too.
================================
Victoria felt like she wanted to throw up when she saw the hurt and betrayal in Nichkhun’s eyes. She thought he was still asleep. But he outsmarted her again.
“So what do you want to talk about?” Victoria asked when the door closed. Crossing her arms, Victoria waited for Donghae to start speaking.
“Vic, don’t be like this. Come on, I got wine and everything” Donghae said.
“Oh, give me a break. Just tell me what I need to know and let me go home! I'm sick of these childish games” Victoria snapped.
Donghae expression darkened and Victoria had to take a step back from its intensity. 
“Childish Vic? I thought you liked this side of me?” Donghae took a step forward, backing Victoria against the door. 
“Cut it out! You’re not the same person anymore. I don’t even know what to do with you” Victoria murmured. She tried to remember what he was before he broke up with her but it just doesn’t compare to what he is now. 
“If you gave me a chance, Qian, you would know I'm exactly the same person”
“Don’t use that name” Victoria snapped.
“Or what? Scared your little Nichkhun would know what or better yet who you really are?” Victoria felt the back of her neck started to sweat and she clenched her hands to stop it from shaking.
“What are you talking about?”
“Oh? Playing dumb are we? Let see, what lies have you tell...did you tell them you were from some rich family? When really, you’re from a broken family where your dad beat you and your mum forgets about you because shes in her little land of ?” 
Victoria felt her eyes sting, she had no idea why Donghae was bringing all this up, she had trusted him to keep her secrets but it seemed now you can never trust anyone but yourself. 
“Did you ever explain where your parents were? Or did you tell them the truth that your dad is now in jail for almost killing his own daughter and your mum is in rehab? That you were so broken before that you would come to my house because it’s the only place that would accept you? Or did you tell them that you’re like a parasite, the life earning of Amber’s fortune because you don’t own a cent of your own”
“SHUT UP! SHUT UP!” Victoria screamed as she slapped Donghae across the face. Angry tears spilled down her face.
“YOU SAY YOU LOVE ME BUT YOU ARE HURTING ME! YOU WANT ME TO TAKE YOU BACK BUT YOU’RE NOT GIVING ME A REASON WHY I SHOULD WHEN YOU’RE GOING TO CONTINUE TO BRING BACK MY PASS!” Victoria cried.
Donghae’s feature softened at the sight of her broken state. Victoria wanted to slap herself for showing him her weak side but she just can’t hold it in anymore. 
“Vic...Vic, I'm sorry” Donghae moved forward but paused when Victoria glared at him.
“No, no, you’re not”
“Vic...I need you to give me another chance or else” Donghae warned. Victoria paused and looked at Donghae with utter shock.
“Or else what?”
“I’ll ruin you”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many hours before
Donghae got a surprise when he opened his door to his father, who he rarely sees. Before his father could say anything, Donghae bet him to it.
“Why did you do it? Send someone after Victoria?” Donghae asked. “You know I still love her”
“Son, its business” his father said coolly as he walked passes Donghae and went to the living room. 
“No, it’s not business, I care for her, which makes her my personal business” anger began to raise inside Donghae when his father just coolly glance at him.
“But shes married to someone else, someone that is getting in my way” Donghae’s father sat down on one of the white couches Donghae ordered from Italy. 
“Doesn’t mean—”
“Yes. Yes it does. I have a goal and that's to take bits of the Horvjkul Empire little by little until its mine. And yours, may I point out.”
“But why? Don’t we have plenty of money?” Donghae asked. His father is so difficult to understand sometimes...most of the time.
“It’s the power, son. And I'm going to get THAT power. With your help or not” Donghae’s father raised from the seat and went over to his son. Placed a heavy hand on Donghae’s shoulder and gave him a firm squeeze.
“If you don’t want her to get hurt or mixed in with the nasty business, then get her out. If I see her as benefit in any way to get rid of Nichkhun or to get closer to the empire, I will do it, and if you try to stop me...well, we know what's going to happen. So my one and only advice to you is...get her out anyway you can or... don’t say I didn’t warn you”
“Abeoji, don’t do this please. I don’t care what you do to the stupid empire, just don’t involve Victoria. As a son, I'm begging you” Donghae pleaded. 
“I'm sorry son but that's not a valid reason. Now get her out or watch her burn” his dad flashed him a smile before seeing himself out of Donghae’s apartment. 
“ARGH!” Donghae yelled as he grabs the wine bottle from the counter bench and threw it to the other side of the room. 
I can’t have him hurt you, even if I have to make you hate me. 
====================================================================================================================================
I quiet like this chapter :3
I know the story is getting dark but I can’t help it! I'm sorry, like I said; I'm not a cheering type writer.
So we get to see another shade of Donghae. He's like a dark knight isn’t he, the hero in disguise. I hope the ending doesn’t make you hate Donghae as much ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
It's longer than the last chapter, which is what i promised you guys !!
i heart comments and subscribe