Pain

I LOVE YOU..r money

 

Victoria woke up with a start. The room was dark and different, with minimal colour and it was too plain to have belonged to anyone. There were no pictures on the side table, no books or any clothes hanging on the hangers or hooks. 
She was glad for that split second that she had forgotten everything but then the memory came back and she wanted to cry. She ruined it. everything. she was never going to be happy. In this life, she could be grovelling on the ground, digging at dirt, hoping it would turn to gold. she would remain unsuccessful and worthless. 
“you’re up” Victoria hesitantly wiped away her tears when she saw Donghae walk in with a glass of water and a pill in small cup. 
He had changed into a loose white shirt and baggy black pants. He set the glass and pill on the side table and dragged over a chair. 
“how are you feeling?” he looked up at her with sincere concern. 
“I’m okay” her voice cracked and she wished she never should’ve said anything. Victoria looked down to see herself dressed in one of Donghae’s shirt and boxers. Her hair was still slightly damp from the rain. She looked at up him, accusing of how he got her into the new clothes when he held up his hand in defence. 
“I got a servant to dress you” 
“thank you” she whispered. Donghae smiled at her but it didn’t ease her like Nichkhun’s smile. 
“did he...find out?” Donghae hesitated and he regretted it when tears sprung into Victoria’s eyes. she wiped it away but more returned. 
“I would tell him. I swear” she sobbed. Donghae reached over to her and hugged her to his chest. she could feel his breath in her hair as he soothed her. his comforting words felt empty and meaningless but it still made her feel better. 
“I know. Shhh.” Donghae murmured. Victoria tried to suppress her cry but it choked in , ripping it raw from inside. She clung into him and buried herself into his shirt and Donghae held onto her tight, saving her from herself. 
“its going to be okay. I promise” but his words were drowned by her cries. The cries that no one would ease. 
=========================================
Nichkhun woke up, feeling nothing but emptiness. Wherever he looked inside the house, everything reminded him of her. the perfume on the nightstand, the upturned coffee cup when he told her to leave it on its rim so it would dry properly. 
Her side of the closet was still full and her shoes still lined up on the rack. Nichkhun was slightly distracted however, when soft lips pressed against his neck. her breath fanned his hair and her chest pressed against his back. Nichkhun closed his eyes and willed himself to remember it was Victoria, but it shattered when she started to speak. 
“good morning” Luna whispered as she planted another kiss on his neck. last night, she had found him in a bar. By the time they met up, he had already finished his bottle of vodka and was onto his second. He wasn’t thinking and bits and pieces of the night vanished from his head. He imagined her as Victoria though, he remembered that. 
“morning” his voice felt like an empty void. He couldn’t look at her, see her face. She spoke against Victoria and she was the one who made her life turn to . Luna was a monster to his wife...yet he's here with her. 
“don’t worry about that money parasite” she planted a kiss on his shoulder. “she deserved all of it” another kiss on his neck. 
“I have work” Nichkhun hurled himself up from the bed, detaching himself from her claws. 
“last night was amazing” Luna smiled at him in the mirror. 
“wish I could remember it” he felt a pinch of satisfaction when her smile weaver. At least she had the decency to cover up her chest with the blanket but he tried to ignore the purple hickeys he marked her last night. 
“I suggest you leave” his voice was cold, it even send chills up his own spine. 
“Nichkhun...I love you” unable to control himself, Nichkhun threw all the bottles of perfumes and colognes onto the floor. Anger rose like bile and he wanted to throw some bottles at her too. 
“how are you saying that!” he whirled around, ignoring when her face contorted in pain. 
“but I do. I always have” 
“you have some nerves! You think that you revealed all the dirt about my wife that I will miraculously fall in love you? Do you think that you would look any more attractive? You will never have my heart, Luna, because right now, I have no heart. I gave it to her. all of it to her! now you ruined it all! You ruined my life! you ruined her life! and most of all, you ruined all your chances with me” 
Tears clouded Luna’s eyes. quickly, she gathered her clothes on the floor, taking the robe with her; Luna shot him a dark, heartbroken look his way before she slammed his door. 
His hands shook at his sides, his nails dug into his palms as he let the tears fall. He wanted to forgive and forget, to call her and ask for her back. But the one thing he cannot tolerate was liars, and in this case, Victoria fell under the category. 
============================
Donghae held on until Victoria fell asleep. Her body shook as she took in a breath, her face was wet with tears but eventually, she fell asleep. Donghae settled her down gently, Victoria stirred and Donghae held his breath before letting it out when she didn’t wake. The sun was seeping through the curtains and Donghae’s eyes widened. Victoria cried throughout the night, muttering sorry and words he couldn’t understand against his chest as he continued to hold her. 
“you still have me” Donghae whispered as he smoothed away her hair from her face. Victoria whimpered and leaned her face against his palm. 
“Nichkhun” she whispered, a small sob escape but she didn’t open her eyes. Donghae’s heart clenched at her pain but he could do nothing but watch.  
Donghae closed the door and immediately pulled out his phone. Never in his life did he ever think he would dial the number. 
“What do you want?”
“We need to talk”
=======================================================================================
OMG I'M SO SORRY I DISSAPEARED LIKE THAT!
I KNOW YOU ALL WOULD BE HATING ME RIGHT NOW, BUT I AM SUPER DUPER SORRY T.T
I know you guys have been waiting for so long and I am seriously sorry but my life right now is a mess. 
I've started Junior year in high school and I've got to tell you, it's a crazy mess. 
I'm failing all my subjects and the subjects were incredibly hard. All day, everyday after school, i would be doing homwork. 
I'm also starting a book, which takes up all my minimal left over time. 
It's almost over, four chapters to go, so i hope i finish them soon so i could upload it. 
I LOVE YOU READERS SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA, FOR BEING PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING. 
I hope this chapter isn't a dissapointment and that you guys like it.