Different Side

I LOVE YOU..r money

 

The drive home was tense, so thick with tension you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Victoria could see Nichkhun turning to look at her every once in a while, took a breath as if to say something but then let out a sigh, thinking better of it. 
They were slowing down to the traffic lights when a motorbike cut in, Nichkhun seemed oblivious to it but as they came closer and closer, Nichkhun made no deal as to stop. Victoria knew at that moment they were going to ram into the motorbike.
“Nichkhun stop!” Victoria yelled, Nichkhun startled, break the car suddenly, stopping short from just hitting the rear of the motorbike by an inch. 
The guy in the helmet look back at them to check for anything damage but when there was none, he just showed Nichkhun the finger before driving off as the turning light arrow turn green.
“That could’ve been a lot worse” Nichkhun panted. 
“But I saved your ” Victoria said with no hint of emotion. She was still so mad at him this little incident doesn’t really make anything ok. 
“Vic—”
“Drive” she told him as the light turned green. Nichkhun shook his head again but drove silently. 
A sudden wave of exhaustion hit Victoria; she could hardly open her eyes and the soft rocking of the car made her even more prepared to sleep. Promising herself she would wake up when they get home, Victoria closed her eyes and let sleep take over.
=======================
Nichkhun pulled the car into park and closed the garage. He looked over to Victoria’s sleeping face and couldn’t help but smile at her innocence. Her lips puckered a little and there was a frown pasted on her forehead. Nichkhun leaned over to the passenger side and lowered his face so it was levelled to Victoria’s. 
He wanted to kiss her but the incident from earlier that night made him pull back. He wanted to kick himself. Luna, it always Luna. 
Nichkhun tried thinking back to the club and relived it again. He was drinking; sure, more like bingeing but...not once had Victoria ever crossed his mind. It was only Luna. He almost remembered Victoria but then as soon as he took another shot, the recollection disappears. Nichkhun frown and thought it through.
“Luna wouldn’t spike my drink would she?” Nichkhun asked himself. But then again, a small part of his head was sure she did. She’s ‘Luna’, what doesn’t she do to get what she wants. 
He could remember the shock on Victoria’s face when she saw him and Luna together, but there was something else in her eye, there was no surprise. It was like she knew it would be like this, like she knew he could end up like that with Luna. Since she always walked in on them. 
Then Nichkhun remembered, before Victoria came down the V.I.P section, all he could think of was Luna, like it was a haze but then Victoria stepped down the stairs and the fog lifted. 
Nichkhun shook his head as the headache from too much alcohol started to pound his head. Getting out of the car, Nichkhun went over to the passenger side and carefully carried Victoria out bridal style. She snuggled up to him, resting her head on his chest. 
The house was dark but Nichkhun could manage his way fine through the house, up the stairs and into the bedroom. His headache was so bad it made him squint his eyes to minimize the pain...not that it helped much. 
Victoria’s eyes snapped open suddenly and she scrabbled out of his hold, dropping to the ground. Getting up blindly, she stumbled into the bathroom, knocking her shoulder on the door on her way in. A second later, Nichkhun could hear her throwing up.
In the bathroom, Victoria was hugging the toilet bowl like it was her life. She seemed to have take a breath before bending over and vomiting out some more. Going in, Nichkhun crouched down next to her and gathered her hair back so none of the vomit got to it. Wordlessly, he started to pat her back to sooth her body. 
Victoria was so out of it she didn’t mind him touching her. After a couple of waves of throwing up all the alcohol, Victoria slumped on the toilet bowl, passed out. Nichkhun carried her to the sink with her still asleep and supported her with his body, before turning on the sink and started to clean her face area where the vomit was.
Flushing the toilet on his way out, Nichkhun laid Victoria out on the bed. The headache was almost unbearable and he wanted to pass out then and there but he didn’t. Going back into the bathroom, he got out a basin and filled it up with water, grabbed a small face towel and came back out. 
Stripping Victoria out of her tight clothes, Nichkhun started to wipe her down, getting as much of the alcohol smell off her as possible. He carefully wiped her arms and neck, avoided her and stomach. He then went to the closet and got out a pair of her pj shorts and tank top. He slipped in on for her and pulled the cover over her. 
Getting himself ready for bed, Nichkhun swallowed 3 Advil pills before collapsing on the bed, knocked out from exhaustion. 
==================================
Victoria woke up the next morning feeling like she just got run over by the train before being thrown under the bus. Getting out of bed groggily, she went to get change from her clubbing clothes when she saw she wasn’t wearing it anymore. Instead, she was in her hello kitty shorts and Winnie the pooh tank top. 
“Still not forgiving you” she muttered towards Nichkhun, who was still passed out cold in bed. Victoria got herself organised and showered, getting rid of the last of her hangover. 
When she came out, Nichkhun was already up and is in a suit. He must’ve took the downstairs shower. Spraying on cologne Victoria loved the smell of, he turned to her and flashed her a smile, only to be returned by a grim look.
“There’s a meeting at work, you’re required to come as well, its family matter...you’re family” he added the last part as an afterthought. She would’ve protest but then she didn’t want to speak with him so she just nodded her head. 
45 minutes later, they walked into a big tall skyscraper building with big writing on the front “hoverjkul enterprise”
“Welcome sir, the meeting is at floor 32, room 10” the secretary told Nichkhun. He just smiled at her before reaching over to grab her hand. Victoria wanted to pull her hand back but there were too many people around and words would get around that they were having a fight. She obediently followed him up the elevator and into the meeting room.
Everyone was there, including Luna and her father. Donghae and his. This is going to be fun, Victoria thought to herself. 
Nichkhun stiffened when he saw Luna  but when he turned to Donghae’s dad, his face had turned hard and she could feel Nichkhun was slightly shaking, too settle for anyone else but her to see...rather feel.
Nichkhun went to the head of the table and Victoria sat on his right. The plague in front of her made her eyes widened.
‘Victoria song, vice president’ she looked over to Nichkhun but he wasn’t looking at her. This was not the Nichkhun she knew. This was a totally new Nichkhun, the one that doesn’t smile and doesn’t laugh. His face was hard and he stared down everyone on the table. When he spoke, this voice was so heavy with authority; thankfully he never used that voice on her, because if he did, she would be scared less.
The meeting commence and he asked everyone in different areas on the business on how things were going, he yelled a few times when things were not doing so good. Victoria could see in the long table, two third of everyone was giving him death glares when he wasn’t looking, she was sure Nichkhun could feel it too but he chose to ignore it. She now understood why Donghae had warned her about being with Nichkhun. Being in this business, he had made enemies in all fronts, as soon as he wasn’t looking, someone would strike, and they were just waiting for the right moment. 
When the second hour went pass, the situation when she thought was bad had gotten way worse. 
“I still think opening a new branch in Australia would be a good idea, we could extend our company’s name farther” Donghae’s father argues. Victoria could see the vein in Nichkhun’s neck pop.
“No it won’t. You think this company would go against the Hilton hotel? The quest hotels? Think, we would lost millions, billions if you make just one wrong move” Nichkhun growled. 
“But this is a good tactic, if you can make it big in Australia, what's stopping you to start business in America?” Donghae’s dad argued. Victoria could see mockery in his eyes and Donghae had his head down. 
“Think properly! This is a big step but if you miss that step, everything will go down and I am not going to let that happen. I don’t care about America; we are big in Europe, which has a higher economic rate and higher money currency. America would just be a failed project. Australia is just out if the question, they have a small population, and not a big rate of high earning families that would want to spend the money in high expense hotels” Nichkhun argued back, his hand.   
“As part of the company’s partner, I vote on starting business in Australia” Donghae’s dad announced. 
“I’m afraid you can’t do that. If you didn’t forget, I own 85% of this business share, you own 10% while the last 5% belong to the people in this table. If I were you, I would watch what I say because 10% could be easily bought off. You are only here because my father is friends with your, bur don’t mistake me as the same. I am not your friend but rather your boss” Nichkhun smirked at the end. Donghae dad’s face turned red as he sat back down. 
“Meeting dismiss” Nichkhun announced. All 40 people on the table raised up at the same time before filling out. When it was only them two left, Nichkhun let out a sigh and closed his eyes. Victoria couldn’t say anything but just watch as the energy drain out from Nichkhun. 
Nichkhun haven’t spoke one word until they were in the car. Victoria just sat there, looking out the window. Nichkhun let out another sigh as he turned to her. 
“Vic, I’m tired of this, talk to me” Nichkhun said in a soft pleading voice, nowhere near the tone he used in the meeting. 
“I got nothing to say” she replied simply. 
“Oh come on! Stop being such a baby; I’m tired and sick of you being such a jealous little girl. In case you didn’t forget, you were with someone else too last night. Not just me” Nichkhun said, holding onto his steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white. 
“Excuse me? At least I didn’t intend on sleeping with him like you were going to with Luna” Victoria argued back. 
“Oh please, you were ready to spread your legs for that guy like a ” Nichkhun hissed. Victoria stayed quiet, controlling her hurt. Nichkhun wanted to kick himself, he wanted to make up with her but instead, he made things worse. 
“Stop the car” Victoria murmured. Nichkhun pretended not to hear and speed up.
“I said STOP THE CAR!” Victoria yelled, when Nichkhun didn’t reply again, Victoria fumbled with her seatbelt and open the car door while it was still moving.
“Hey! Shut the door!” Nichkhun yelled at her, fearing she could actually jump out. Knowing Victoria, you can never predict. 
“LET ME OUT! STOP THE CAR THEN!” she yelled at him. Nichkhun signal in the emergency lane and watched as she grabbed her bag and stepped out, slamming the door. She walked over to the foot path and went over to the bus stop. 
“Vic, come on, I’m sorry” Nichkhun called out the window but Victoria ignored him as she waited for the bus. Sighing, Nichkhun shift the gear into drive and looked at her one last time before speeding off.  
===================================================================================================================
I know i posted this last week but there was a problem with the website and deleted this chapter :(
New chapter will be up next week :D
Don't forget to comment