Chapter 9

Let Me Sing For You

 

CHAPTER 9

 

“Good morning! Are you free right now?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Eh? Me?” Tiffany pointed herself.

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Well, what do you think?”

 

“Ahh…that…I must go back first and tell the maids that I’m leaving for a while.”

 

“Okay, sure. I’ll wait here outside.”

 

Tiffany returned inside and upon closing the gate she then ran like a wind back to her room and jumped on her bed. “Why is this happening?! What’s with him? Why is he here?”

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon is waiting inside the car while looking at the rear mirror to check on his looks.

 

“Hmm…what’s taking her so long? Did I surprise her? It’s just that I wanted to see her.”

 

Then Tiffany went out of the house and entered Taeyeon’s car.

 

Awkwardness is again present whenever they are alone together. This time, Tiffany did the initiative to talk.

 

“Ahmm…where are we actually headed to?”

 

Taeyeon glanced at her then back to the road, “Well, I’m sure you’re quite curious where I will bring you at this early morning. Hmm…just wait and see.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“Welcome to my own studio!” Taeyeon shouted!

 

Tiffany looked around the room. “Wow! You built this studio using your own income?”

 

“Yup! Isn’t it perfect? Recording studio here, room full of musical instruments, visitor’s lounge and this.” Taeyeon opened the door of quite a small room with a bed and a table. “This is where I usually write down songs. This is sound proof so when I’m inside, I can’t hear anything except my own breathing sound.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Wow!” Tiffany said in excitement. “This place is so cool but why did you bring me here?”

 

“Ahh. That. Well, I’m working on a song right now. I can’t get it to finish right now so…” Taeyeon’s getting shy in front of Tiffany. “So…I ah…”

 

Tiffany showed an eye smile which made Taeyeon uneasy. “So you want some help?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

“I can help a bit but I don’t have any background for song writing. Maybe I’ll just help you with some lines then.”

 

“It’s okay as long as you can help me with the lines.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

VROOM. VROOM. VROOM. VROOM.

 

Jessica rolled down the window, “Can you please stop playing with your motorcycle? It’s kind of irritating.”

 

The guy on the motorcycle looked at Jessica and just smiled. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

 

“Omo?! How can that guy be so stubborn?”

 

Jessica then drove up to a 5-star hotel at Jeonju. She always stays there for vacations and is always with Tiffany but this time she went there alone without any reason. She even has an own room there at the hotel, one of the most expensive suite of the hotel. She arrived there safely and left her car with a valet driver. Before she enters the hotel, she saw the motorcycle earlier parked near the entrance.

 

“Hmm…whoever owns that motorcycle, surely is a boastful guy.”

 

After a while, she arrived at her room and lied down on the bed.

 

“Wahh. That was a very long trip. It must be fun when Tiffany was with me but that Taeyeon guy can’t seem to get over her so it’s a lonely trip for me…”

 

The day before…

 

RING. RING. RING. RING.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Ahh, Is this Jessica?”

 

“Yes, this is she. May I know who this is?”

 

“It’s Taeyeon. I hope you still remember me.”

 

“Well, of course I do. How are you? Why did you call at this time?”

 

“Ahh…I was just wondering if Tiffany has any schedules for tomorrow?”

 

“Tomorrow? Hmm…I wanted to ask her out that we go to Jeonju. Why?”

 

“Is that so? Hmm…”

 

“Why? Do you want to see her?”

 

“What? Oh! No! I mean, it’s not that I want to see her. I want to bring her somewhere.”

 

“If that’s the case then sure, I’ll just go alone to Jeonju. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Are you sure? Wouldn’t it be lonely to travel alone?”

 

“Oh no! It’s fine with me. I’ll be fine travelling alone. I’ll just tell her that I will visit somewhere just so you could bring her to the place you’re telling about. Just promise me one thing.”

 

“Yeah, I will. What is it?”

 

“Just please protect her. That’s all I’m asking for…”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

It was already 11PM and they’re still inside the studio working on the song. Taeyeon can’t really concentrate seeing the person in front of him. Tiffany writes down ideas as she speaks but Taeyeon wasn’t really listening, he’s just looking to Tiffany.

 

*Taeyeon’s Point of View*

 

“How can you be so beautiful even when you’re just writing? Every second that passed while you’re here, feels like I’ve been with you forever. When you came, Miyoung has been the least person in my mind. It was replaced by you, Tiffany.

 

I like you, no, I love you, Tiffany…

 

*End*

 

“Are you even listening, Tae?” Tiffany asked which startled Taeyeon and brought him back to his senses.

 

Taeyeon looked away from Tiffany and looked at the paper, “Ye..yeah, I’m listening.”

 

“Will you please repeat what I just said?” Tiffany insisted as she still writes on the paper.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes opened wide, “Wha—what? Repeat it?”

 

Tiffany nodded, “Umm. It seems like you’re not paying attention. Well, I’m not a write but I did my best to write down on this paper the things that I can think about.”

 

He picked up the paper and gave it a look. “This is not bad. I’ll try to fit this in to my song.”

 

“Umm…Tae? I need to go to the bathroom.” Tiffany asked shyly.

 

“Ahh. Sure, when you leave this room just go back to the house then turn right and the last door on the right is the bathroom.”

 

“Thank, Tae-Tae.” Tiffany then left the room.

 

Taeyeon was focusing on the paper when she remembers what Tiffany called him. “Tae-Tae? Is this even possible?”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“Whew! That was refreshing. I must go back now to the studio.” Tiffany closed the door and started walking. On her way back, she noticed an open door and to her curiosity, she entered the room.

 

“Woah!” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

The room was of normal size but wherever you look inside, it’s full of pictures and items that are quite old. Tiffany then approached a side table and picked up a picture in a frame.

 

“Oh? This might be Taeyeon’s childhood friend. I hope he finds her soon.” She then reached out for a box and opened it and looked at it.

 

“Tiff?” A voice called her name and she hurriedly closed down the box.

 

“Oh? Taeyeon? I’m sorry I entered this room without persmission.”

 

Taeyeon approached her and grabbed the box and put it back at the same place. “It’s okay. Well, as you have noticed, this room is full of pictures, mainly my picture and my friend’s picture.

 

“Can I ask something? Is that her necklace?”

 

“Ah, this?” Taeyeon pointed and picked up the box. “Actually, this is mine but I actually bought this personally and gave it to her as a sign of our friendship and it was customized.”

 

“Why? Have you seen this necklace before??”