Chapter 35

Let Me Sing For You

 

TWINKLE! TWINKLE! TWINKLE! Let us all support TaeTiSeo. ^^

And yeah, this fiction is coming to an end. Maybe 1 or 2 chapters more. Not really sure.

 

So, happy reading! ^^



 

 

A few days after, Tiffany received a call from his father.

 

“Hello? Daddy?”

 

“Hi there, Tiff.”

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’m fine also the company’s doing really fine these days that I could just rest at home and go to work if any problems arise. How about you?”

 

“I’m doing very good, daddy! Nowadays, we’re busy here at work but having fun at the same time.”

 

“How about your relationship with Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany was surprised with the question. “We’re doing very fine, daddy. Nothing to worry about our relationship.”

 

Mr. Hwang chuckles on the other end of the line.“That silly kid. I’ve always wanted someone special for you that I almost went to the point that I wanted to separate you from him. But when I met him for the first time, I was acting cool but deep inside, I was thinking that I couldn’t separate you from him.”

 

“Why, daddy?” She asked in a serious tone.

 

“It’s because I have done a very big mistake with him and his family and that pulling you away from him will just make it worse. I knew it was just right to apologize to the family and return the money I got from them. Mr. Kim and I are now back to where we was years ago.”

 

“Daddy? Why are you saying these things? Is something wrong?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong, my dear. It’s just that while I was there, I’ve never told you all of these, right?”

 

“Yes, daddy but why? It’s really making me confused.”

 

“Don’t be confused, I’m just telling you things that you should know and also as your father, I want you to know what I’m thinking right now.”

 

“O-okay.” She stutters.

 

“I saw Taeyeon’s performance a few days ago and I was really surprised by the song’s message.”

 

“Me too, daddy but how was it? It’s was pretty good, right?”

 

“Yeah, not just pretty good but really, really good! I mean, not every singer can write a song that beautiful. After all, when I listened to the song once again, I’m not joking but I cried.”

 

“Cried? What for daddy?”

 

“I just realized when I listened to it again that the song is quite all about asking the father for her daughter’s hand. I mean, you two are in a relationship and that he personally called me just to remind me to watch his performance that day. It feels like he’s already asking for you hand.”

 

“Daddy! How could you say that? We’re still young and we still have a long way to go.”

 

“I know, I know but he sounds so persistent during that performance and before that he already talked to me.”

 

“Talked to you?”

 

 

            *------------------*

 

 

“Even if days had passed already since the day GDA was held, you’re still quite making news.” Sooyoung said while munching on her snack.

 

Taeyeon shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know why.”

 

“This kid…” Sooyoung approached him and slapped the newspaper on his head. “You better ready why so that you know. Aish~!”

 

“Kim Taeyeon, getting ready to tie the knot with his girl?”

 

“What’s wrong with this?” He asked.

 

“Wh-what-what’s wrong?” Sooyoung ran up to him and slapped his head. “Are you crazy? You mean, that headline is true?”

 

Taeyeon glared at her. “I’m sure you were there at the GDA, right?” Sooyoung nodded. “Then if you’re there, weren’t you listening to my song during my performance?”

 

“Hmm…” Sooyoung thinks for a while.

 

“You dumb!” Taeyeon slapped Sooyoung’s head with the newspaper. “If you listened that night, you would know why these headlines are out. You’re always busy eating.”

 

“YA! I’M CHOI SOOYOUNG! I’M YOUR MANAGER AND YOU’RE CALLING ME DUMB?” She shouts while is full so it’s raining food on Taeyeon’s face.

 

He wipes his face. “If you’re always like that, how can you find a guy to love you? You can’t even finish first what’s in your mouth.”

 

“YA! THAT’S IT! I won’t quit!” Sooyoung laughed. “But you really want to marry her soon?”

 

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung’s eyes.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon met with Yuri at a café.

 

“You sure you want to do this??”

 

“Yeah. I’m serious.”

 

Yuri sighed. “Well, I mean it’s possible but it’s kind of hard.”

 

“I thought you can do anything? What I’m asking you is very simple but I need mine not yours, is that clear?”

 

“Yes, boss it’s clear. So what do I get from doing this?”

 

Taeyeon takes a sip of his latte. “Uhmm…anything that you want.”

 

Yuri grinned and said, “Anything?”  To which Taeyeon nodded. “Okay then. I’ll do this and I’ll tell you what I want after so that you won’t back out.”

 

“What? Isn’t that unfair? I mean what if you did not succeed?”

 

“Who says I won’t succeed with this easy task?”

 

“Oh yeah, don’t do it for now. I’ll give you the go signal.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“So, how was the food?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“It’s good. It’s delicious.” Tiffany answered in a calm, plain tone.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Of course! I prepared it especially for you.”

 

Tiffany just smiled back. “Thanks.”

 

They continued eating their dinner then afterwards, they stayed at the living room to keep up with things and then Taeyeon sent Tiffany home.

 

Taeyeon rolled down the window. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m okay. Don’t worry about me. Drive carefully, okay?” She smiled.

 

“Yes, I will. Bye! Love you!”

 

“Love you too!”

 

Taeyeon arrived back home and jumped on the sofa. He then saw a parcel on the table.

 

“Oh? What’s this parcel doing here? Is this a fan letter?” He says as he open it. “Wow! Not just simply a letter but I think it’s a recorded message, I wonder who gave this.”

 

He pressed the play button on the recorder and starts to listen.

 

“To my dear Taeyeon.”

 

“Omo! Mr. Hwang???”

 

“I hope you’re having a good day today. I just want to congratulate you for winning the GDA award. You deserve that because you’re a great performer. Well, I could have called you earlier but I can’t and I don’t know why.”  He laughs.

 

“Regarding your song, I know you told me to anticipate your performance and I did. I was blown away by the message of your song. Now, I sound like a fan. But then, it was so beautiful that it made me cry. Honestly, the song is all about asking a father for his daughter’s hand. I was like, what’s the meaning of this? I suddenly remembered that you are my daughter’s guy and that you guys love each other. I’ve had sleepless nights because of this.

 

You guys are still young and still has a long way to go but I remembered that both of you are childhood friends and even if you were apart from each other for so many years, it seems like for more than a year of being together again, both of you managed to keep up with each other’s stories. As a father, it’s hard for me to decide on this kind of thing. She’s my daughter and that she’s the only family left and that her getting married, she’ll then leave me. Just yesterday, I realized that if I let her marry you, I’m going to have two more members in family. I’ve always wanted a son but didn’t manage to have one.

 

So not to make this longer, I just want to tell you that after thinking about it…

 

 

I’m giving you my daughter’s hand.

 

 

You can marry my daughter, son-in-law.”

 

Taeyeon’s POV

That’s like one of the best line that I ever heard from someone. You can marry my daughter keeps on ringing in my head and I don’t know if Tiffany knows this one but the hell, I got his father’s approval. He even called me son-in-law! How crazy is that right? Thank you, Mr. Hwang! Now, the next move, ask my father and then ask Tiffany. I just hope she won’t disagree anymore.

End of POV

 

Taeyeon sent Yuri a text message.

 

“Yuri-ah! Go! It’s all up to you on how you will do it. Hwaiting!”

 

Then sent a message to Tiffany.

 

“Fany-ah! I love you! I love you so much!”

 

“Eh? What’s with this dork? He’s getting so cheesy again.” Tiffany smiled while reading the message.