Chapter 23

Let Me Sing For You

 

CHAPTER 23

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, can you please tell us who is the girl that was with you a few days ago?”

 

Taeyeon smiled and answered, “The girl that I was having dinner with is my girlfriend.” He proudly says to the media.

 

A reporter stands up and asked, “How long have you two been together?”

 

“Hmm…It’s not that long since we’ve been together.” He nodded.

 

Then another reporter asked a question. “If you won’t mind, how did the two of you meet each other?”

 

“Well, we meet in a much unexpected way. I’m sure all of you remember the day when I tried to save a girl from three guys who was bullying her?”

 

“Yes, don’t tell us that girl…”

 

He smiled again. “Yes, she’s that girl but let me clear this thing out. At the time when I saved her from those guys, that really is our first meeting and after that we became friends and now we took our friendship to the next level.” Taeyeon laughed which made everyone in the room smile.

 

Suddenly, a reporter stood up and asked, “Two or three weeks ago, your name never disappeared on the news because of your issue with Sunny-ssi. Now, I was wondering if you revealed this relationship to the public just to stop the issues and rumors between you and Sunny-ssi.  I mean, it’s very odd, really odd for artists to reveal their love life to the public since it can affect their career and especially the life of their partner. May I know your view on this one, Mr. Kim?”

 

“I get your point and I understand it. Hmm…you already said one reason why we decided to reveal this relationship to the public. Like you said, I have a lot of issues and rumors with Sunny-ssi and whatever we say; no one believes us. Actually, even before the rumors with Sunny-ssi came out, Tiffany and I are already together for weeks and now we decided to reveal this one to stop the false rumors since I don’t want to cause any more problems to my management and to Sunny-ssi’s management. Honestly, I don’t have any plans on revealing this relationship and I took consideration of every consequence that we’ll face if it goes public. I’m really thankful to my girl that she understood everything and never hesitated.”

 

The reporter nods in satisfaction.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Meanwhile at the office, Tiffany was playing with the ring that Taeyeon gave her when Jessica walked inside the room and went straight to her table and sat down like she did not noticed Tiffany.

 

Tiffany placed the ring back to the box and into her desk drawer. She cleared and approached Jessica. “Any problems, Jess?”

 

“Oh?” She looked at Tiffany with a surprised face.

 

“Are you okay? It seems like your brain is not in your head right now.”

 

She sighed and said, “I’m fine and there’s no problems at all.”

 

“Then if there are no problems then why are you acting like that?” Tiffany asked.

 

Jessica gave her a blank look and asked, “While you were away the whole past week, I dated with Yuri.”

 

Tiffany got surprised that she shouted, “YURI? KWON YURI? Taeyeon’s cousin??!!!”

 

“Ya! Don’t shout! Yup, him. Taeyeon’s handsome cousin. We met I think two or three times and he even brought me to his parent’s house.”

 

“Wow! Really? I wish Taeyeon would bring me too.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Long story, just tell me what happened.”

 

“Well…that was last night. We went to his parent’s house to have dinner and I found out things from his parents.”

 

“Like what?” Tiffany asked.

 

“They told me that I was the first girl that Yuri brought at their house and was formally introduced to them.”

 

“Uhuh…go on.”

 

“Then they told me that Yuri promised something to them.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Even before Mr. Kwon said that, Yuri interfered with our conversation and said it himself. He promised to his parents that the only girl that he’ll bring and introduce to them is the girl that he’ll marry and will be his wife…”

 

Tiffany’s eyes opened wide, “So if Yuri brought you there and introduced to them and you are the first one then he wants you to be his wife…Oh my God! I was not expecting that side of Yuri!” Tiffany covered . “Now what happened after that one?”

 

“Nothing. I mean, after eating dinner we still had a few minutes of chatting with his parents and on our way back home, I try not to speak because it feels really awkward after what happened.”

 

“Hmm…”Tiffany stood up and crossed her arms. “You know what Jess, every guy has their serious side and I think, Yuri may be a playboy but I think he did it on purpose.”

 

“You think so?”

 

“Yup!” Tiffany nodded and smiled.

 

“Thanks for somewhat clearing my mind, Tiffany.”

 

“No worries.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Yuri seated inside his car while tapping his hand on the steering wheel. He then suddenly grabbed his phone and opened his contact list and looked for Jessica’s number and pressed the green button.

 

RING. RING. RING. Out of nowhere, he just pressed the red button.

 

“Aish! Why do I feel so nervous? I just want to hear her voice! YA! KWON YURI! WHAT’S HAPPENING TO YOU?”

 

He closed his eyes for a few minutes.

 

RING. RING. RING. RING. His phone suddenly rings which startled him. He looked at it and Jessica’s name appeared on the screen. He answered it and said, “Hello?”

 

“Hi! I was about to answer my phone but then I think you hung up?”Jessica asked.

 

“Oh…that…I’m sorry I cancelled it because something came up.” Yuri excused.

 

“What is it? Are you on a meeting or something? Am I disturbing you?”

 

“Nope, it’s fine. I was about to call you back again but you called back.” Yuri was smiling inside his car while speaking with Jessica.

 

Jessica chuckled softly, “I thought you won’t call back again so I called but do you have something to say?”

 

“Well…” Yuri can’t really speak because he’s really nervous. “About last night…”

 

“The dinner with your parents? It was really fun! I would really love to have dinner with them again.”Jessica answered but inside her mind, she’s thinking about Yuri’s words.

 

“Ahh. Hehehe…I’m sure my parents will invite you over again soon but what I want to say to you is about the words that I said last night. Have you forgotten already?”

 

Jessica did not answer back for a few seconds.

 

“Sica baby?”

 

“I’m sorry, I signed something. Yes, I do remember them.” Sica’s heart started beating faster.

 

Yuri took a deep breath and said, “This may be crazy and we just met a few weeks ago and just started dating but what you heard from me, I really mean it. I know this is just the start of our dating but you’re different to all the girls that I dated before. I became a playboy on purpose. I wanted to know the different type of girls. Most of them are all the same, only wanted to get laid but I don’t like it. Some of them are family oriented but doesn’t want commitment. Honestly speaking, I’m a guy who likes girls but is a family oriented guy and I’m not afraid of getting married.  I got my mother’s traits and I’m proud of it. We may be friends at this moment but you’re really different from everyone. I just want you to know that as day pass by, I want you to be the person that will be by my side until forever ends.”

 

“……” No response from the other side.

 

“Jessica? Are you still there?”

 

Yuri then suddenly heard soft crying sounds on the other line. “Omo! Are you alright, Jessica? Have I said something wrong?”

 

Jessica sniffs and said, “No, Yul. You did nothing wrong and most especially you did not said something wrong. I just…I just feel so special right now with everything that you said. I think it’s time for you to know the truth.”

 

“What truth?”

 

“I just acted before that I hated you when we met at the mall but the truth is…I’m really one of your hardcore fans and I don’t know if you checked the expensive luxury bracelet that you received before.”

 

“What do you mean? Bracelet? How do you…? Don’t tell me??”

 

“Go on, just check on the bracelet and look underneath it.”

 

“JJ? What does…NO WAY!”

 

“Yes way.”

 

“Jessica Jung??? Oh my! You’re the one who sent this to me???”

 

“Yes, it’s me and I’ve been in love with you ever since we accidentally met before.”

 

“Before?”

 


Hi! I'm really sorry for updating so late. >< I'm having my job training from Monday to Friday and my boss keeps on making us stay there and do some over time. I wanted to post some update but I can't since I arrive at home very late. 

The only thing I can promise is that if I come home early, I'll try my best to post and update on this fanfic.

Thanks!