Chapter 24

Let Me Sing For You

 

“I knew it. You won’t remember our first very informal and unexpected meeting. It was already a few years ago.”

 

*FLASHBACK

 

5 years ago in New York…

 

Yuri looked at his watch. “Tsk. Where is this guy? He’s late already!” He then puts his hand into his jacket’s pockets. “It’s so damn cold right now.”

 

While he was waiting, a slim blonde girl stood beside him which caught Yuri’s attention.

 

Yuri whispered to himself, “Sigh. This girl is a freak. How can she manage to eat an ice cream at this kind of weather?”

 

The girl smiled as she hears what Yuri said. “It’s because I grew up here in New York and eating ice cream at this kind of weather makes it much more fun.” She looked at Yuri with a smile while slightly giving a to her food.

 

Yuri showed a disgusted face. “Freak.”

 

“You want some?!” The girl then offered her ice cream. Yuri stepped back a little and said, “No! I don’t want.”

 

Because of Yuri’s reaction, the girl laughed so hard but in a cute way which made Yuri curve a smile on his face. “You sure eating an ice cream at this kind of weather will make it more fun?”

 

The girl gave him a nod. Yuri gave her a blank look and suddenly, he pulled the girl’s hand. “Let’s go! Come with me. I’ll buy some ice cream.”

 

At the store, they are lined up at the cashier. Yuri looks at the girl who is still busy eating her ice cream.

 

He said to himself, “She’s so cute! I want to pinch her face!”

 

After paying for the ice cream they both sat down on the chair inside the store. At first, Yuri had a hard time eating the ice cream but as he tries to eat again, he found out that what the girl said is true.

 

“Wow! You really are a genius. It’s fun eating this.”

 

“See? You should have listened to me when I said it to you but may I ask, what made you change your mind?” The girl asked.

 

“Well…it’s just that I looked at you and it seems like it’s really fun to eat even if it’s cold.”

 

The girl gave her a smile and a nod.

 

“By the way, it really seems like I’m older so you could call me Yuri oppa or Yul oppa.”

 

“I think…Yul oppa is better.” She said and smiled.

 

“How about you?”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yup!” Yuri nodded.

 

“Hmm…you can just call me…” Then a car outside suddenly pressed its horn. *BEEP. BEEP.* “Omo! My ride is here already. I’m sorry, I have to go now. Yul oppa, it’s really nice to meet you! Bye!”

 

“But…I hope we meet again.” Yuri shouted as the girl opens the door.

 

The girl stopped and said…”

 

*END OF FLASHBACK

 

“If we’re destined to meet again, we will meet. Even if our next meeting will be years after this one, I will help you remember this, Yul oppa.” Jessica said.

 

Yuri just looked at Jessica with no expressions at all. “Do you know what I said after you left the store?”

 

Jessica smiled and said, “I’m glad you remembered it…Yul oppa.” She teased. “But what did you say?”

 

“She’s the kind of girl that I would really want to be with. I may have not known your name right now but you’ll always be in my heart and like what you said, I believe we’ll meet again someday.”

 

Jessica gave Yuri a hug and said, “And that is because we’re destined for each other, Yul oppa…I love you…”

 

Yuri smiled, “I love you too, Sica.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day, Tiffany woke up and found a short note on her side table.

 

“Tiff, I’m with Yuri right now as you read this. We’re going to stay at his parent’s house for the weekend and we’ll be back by Wednesday. Take care!”

 

She put down the note. “Wow! They just started dating a few weeks ago and now they’re going to stay together at the same house for a few days?” She laughed. “Well, I think it’s just time for Sica to find someone to love her.”

 

Tiffany then went out of her room to go to the bathroom and take a bath and brush her teeth. Afterwards she went back into her room to wear some comfortable clothes since she’s just staying at home. Then when she went out of her room this time, she was surprised to see Taeyeon waiting at the lobby for her.

 

Taeyeon greeted her with a smile. “Hi!” Then he handed a bouquet of pink roses. “Omo! What’s the occasion, Tae? But thanks for the flowers!”

 

“Well…there’s no occasion today, it’s just that as your boyfriend, I feel like I should make you happy everyday.” He smiled.

 

“Aww…you really are a sweet guy.” Tiffany placed the flowers on the table and gave Taeyeon a big hug and a passionate kiss.

 

“Why, thank you for that very passionate kiss. I would surely like to have that kind of kiss every morning when we get married.”

 

“Of course! I’ll definitely give you more than a passionate kiss.” Tiffany teased.

 

“Oh-oh-oh. Did you bumped your head somewhere? Why are you naughty right now?”

 

Tiffany laughed. “I’m just teasing you, Tae. I told you, wedding first before everything else.”

 

“I know. I know.”

 

“Have you eaten your breakfast already?”

 

“Yup! I just had a passionate kiss from my soon-to-be wife.” Taeyeon smirked.

 

“Eiiih. What’s the truth?”

 

“Yup! I already had my real breakfast and you, you must eat first.”

 

Taeyeon pushed Tiffany to the dining room and watched her at her breakfast. While resting at the table. Tiffany can’t stop herself from telling Taeyeon about her meeting Taeyeon’s dad.

 

“Tae, I lied to you.”

 

He got confused and asked, “Lied? I don’t think you’ll ever do that.”

 

“I’ve done it.”

 

Taeyeon cupped Tiffany’s face and asked, “Tell it to me, Tiff. I promise, I won’t get mad.”

 

Tiffany took a deep breath and said, “A few days ago, I met with your father…” She looked at Taeyeon who is trying to control his emotions since he promised that he won’t get mad. “He knows about our relationship and he’s not against it.”

 

Those words made Taeyeon shocked. “Are you sure he said that to you? I mean, he’s a very strict father and just knowing that he met with you without letting me know makes me mad. I wonder how he knew it was you.”

 

Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand. “Look, when we met, the news about us was already out and maybe your father asked someone to find me.”

 

He sighed. “Thinking about this, it’s making me think. I mean, it’s been years since I last saw him and of course, I’m still his son. His only son but whenever I think of his face, it’s all anger that goes to my heart and mind.”

 

“Tae, nothing will happen if only anger is in your heart. You must learn how to forgive and forget because if not, you might regret many things in the future.”

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and gave her a light kiss on the lips. “You think so?”

 

Tiffany nodded. “I think it’s time for you to make it up with your father. We still need his blessings when we get married in the future, Tae. Think about it okay?”

 

Taeyeon stood up and pulled Tiffany to his car.

 

“Where are we going? To your father’s house?” Tiffany asked.

 

Taeyeon looked at her and gave her a smile. “And this is the best time to visit him.”

 

“But…”

 

“No more buts. He won’t mind you wearing that kind of clothes. Look at me; I’m not even wearing proper clothes. It will be fine.” He slightly squeezed Tiffany’s hand.

 

On their way to Mr. Kim’s house, Tiffany’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hello?...Daddy?! Omo! Daddy! How are you?! I miss you so, so much! When are you coming here in Korea for a vacation? Soon? How long is soon?” She laughed. “Where am I right now? Hmm…you remember the guy I’ve been telling you about? Yup! Kim Taeyeon. I’m with him and we’re on our way to his father’s house. Yes, daddy! He’s my boyfriend now. Do you want to talk to him?”

 

Taeyeon shook his head and doesn’t want to talk to his father.

 

“No? Okay. That’s a promise! You’re going to meet with him when you go here, okay? Bye, daddy! Take care!! I love you!!”

 

“So…what did he say?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Well…he said that he’s going to visit Korea soon that I’ll be surprised that he’s at home already.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Oh my! I got nervous knowing that I’ll be able to meet your father for the first time.”

 

“No need to be nervous, Tae. My daddy is a good man and I’m sure he’ll like you.” She holds Taeyeon’s hand.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“My daughter is in a relationship with a guy named, Kim Taeyeon? Please don’t tell me…”

 

 


 

Whew! New update for everyone. Sorry again for the very late update. The job training is making me crazy. >< But don't worry, I'm still gonna update but how I wish I can update again tomorrow. T_T Just help me pray that I don't need to do some over time. ^^ Have fun reading!