Chapter 33

Let Me Sing For You

 

“How come when you’re not busy, you’re always looking out the window?” Jessica asks.

 

Tiffany turns around and smiles. “You know me, I’ve always liked looking out this window when thinking about something.”

 

“Then, what are you thinking? Taeyeon? Aigoo~! You just met him last night and now you’re thinking about him already?” Jessica joked.

 

She walks towards Jessica and says, “It’s not that I’m thinking about Taeyeon. I have forgiven daddy already and it’s been months since he went back to the States. After that incident, I felt like I got closer to Taeyeon even after what happened.”

 

Jessica puts her hand on her chin. “I don’t get it. You’re saying that everything’s fine between you and your daddy and even got closer to Taeyeon. Now, why is it you’re always thinking about something but every time I ask you about it, you won’t even tell it to me. What’s wrong with you?” She pouts.

 

“Don’t think that way, Sica but honestly, every time you ask me what I am thinking, it’s not important at all. I mean, really it’s like a useless thought that comes into my mind when I’m bored.”


“Then what is it this time? Don’t tell me that you’re bored because I can distinguish when you’re bored and when something is bothering you.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “Well, it’s been more than a year since me and Taeyeon got together. I was just thinking if he is the right guy for me.”

 

“Wait! Are you having doubts with Taeyeon?”

 

“Oh, no! No, I’m not. I’m just thinking, Taeyeon is the perfect guy and he will fit perfectly with the perfect girl.”

 

“Yeah, a perfect girl like you.”

 

“I am not perfect. Sometimes I’m dumb even dumber than those who didn’t study.”

 

“You don’t have to say that, Tiffany. Taeyeon likes you so much that I think he won’t last if you broke up with him. Also, if he is a guy who understands every situation, he could have left you already after knowing that you’re the daughter of the guy who tried to abduct him.”

 

“I guess you’re right. After all, Taeyeon has been there for me. I should do the same for him.” Jessica nods and gave Tiffany a smile.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Today is a very special day for Taeyeon because Golden Disk Awards will be held.

 

Taeyeon is currently with Tiffany but she won’t be walking on the red carpet with him. Instead, she’ll be watching together with Jessica and Yuri.

 

“I really wanted to walk on the red carpet with you, Fany. It’s just that, I can’t let the media know your face because you’ll lose your privacy.”

 

“I believe I’ve told you before that no matter what, I’ll be with you. So, even if the media knows about me and would try to ruin my privacy, I won’t mind as long as I’m with you.” She leans on his chest and Taeyeon gave her a warm hug.

 

After a while, they arrive at the place. “Wow! That’s a lot of camera waiting.”

 

“Well, yeah. Do I look good? Hmm…I was wondering if I should walk fast or maybe walk slowly and carefully.”

 

“Hmm…” Tiffany fixes Taeyeon’s hair and says, “I guess the latter will do. It’s better if you don’t trip on your way to the mini-stage.”

 

Taeyeon holds Tiffany’s hand and gives her a deep kiss. “Wish me luck!” He then steps out the car and walks his way on to the mini-stage.

 

“Wow. It’s Kim Taeyeon, Korea’s prince. Hello, Taeyeon-ssi!”

 

“Hello!” He greets the MC and then turns to the camera and greets. “Hi everyone, I’m Korea’s Prince, Kim Taeyeon.” He gives a low bow.

 

“A very warm greeting for everyone. I have one question for you, Taeyeon-ssi.”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“Well, most solo singers that arrived earlier are with escorts but you, you don’t have any. Why?”

 

“Ah…that…I actually wanted one but I just can’t risk it.”

 

“What do you mean, Taeyeon-ssi?” The MC asked.

 

“I mean, I wanted my girl, Tiffany to be my for tonight but you know, it’s going to be hard for her if the media knows about her.”

 

“Ahh, I see. It’s going to be a bit inconvenient for her daily life.” Taeyeon nodded.

 

“She’s not with me to walk on this carpet but she’s going to be present inside and is going to watch with a few friends so, yeah.”

 

“That’s great! Miss Tiffany is going to support you this day. Thank you, Taeyeon-ssi and goodluck!”

 

Taeyeon then left and walks inside the theater. He walks on to his seat and sees Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri seated really near to his table.

 

“Ya!” Yuri shouted. “You’re going to seat with Girls’ Generation tonight. Can you please introduce me to my favorite member??” Jessica slapped Yuri’s arm which caused laughter to the four of them.

 

“I can only promise one thing, Yuri. If I win an award tonight, I’ll make sure you get so have a picture with your favorite member.”

 

Jessica glared at Taeyeon for he’s saying something that is really annoying. She then whispers to herself, “Why do you have to take a picture with an idol when your girl is seated here beside you.”

 

“What? Are you saying something, Sica?”

 

Surprised she just said no to Yuri.

 

Taeyeon gives Tiffany an eye contact and in return, Tiffany gave him the best smile she could give him.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The ceremony started. Idols everywhere seated on the idol’s waiting place. The time has come for Taeyeon to perform on stage. At this moment, no one knows what he’s going to perform but there are rumors that he’s going to perform a new song.

 

He enters the stage and it’s still very dark. A spot light was pointed on him as he does a short speech before he starts singing.

 

“I’ve kept this song for a very long time and I’ve been waiting for a moment like this to come. This song may not be for you but for your father…”

 

Fans have gone wild on the short speech of Taeyeon and the lights have gone dark again. Suddenly he started singing…

 

(Readers, let’s just say Taeyeon owns this song and is in Korean. ^^)

 

Sir, I’m a bit nervous about being here today,

Still not real sure what I’m going to say,

So bear with me please if I take up too much of your time.

See in this box is a ring for your olders,

She’s my everything and all that I know is,

It would be such a relief if I know that we were on the same side.

Cause very soon I’m hoping that I…

 

Could marry your daughter and make her my wife,

I want her to be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life,

And give her the best of me ‘till the day that I die, yeah

I’m gonna marry your princess and make her my queen,

She’ll be the most beautiful bride that I’ve ever seen,

I can’t wait to smile when she walks down the aisle,

On the arm of her father,

On the day that I marry your daughter

 

 

On the day that I marry your daughter…

 

Fans are going crazy over Taeyeon’s new song and even some idols can’t help but smile as he sings this song.

 

Tiffany on the other hand was motionless. All throughout the song, just left wide open as she hears the message of the song.

 

“Does this mean Taeyeon wants to get married?” Jessica asks.

 

She looks at Jessica blankly. “I don’t know. I don’t even remember this song.”

 

“Pabo-ya? This song was composed by Taeyeon and was kept until the right time has come for him to sing it.

 

“I know. I mean…it’s just…” Tiffany stutters.

 

“Taengoo’s gonna marry you, for real.” Yuri says to them.

 

“Aigoo~! Why is he so sweet?!” Jessica nags.

 

“Eiih! How could you?!”

 

Tiffany stands up and said she’s going to the bathroom when she receives a call from Taeyeon.

 

“Where are you? Have you seen my performance?”

 

“Yup, I’ve seen it and…”

 

“And?”

 

“And I’m speechless.”

 

Taeyeon laughs on the other end of the line. “It’s for your daddy though. I told him to watch and now I don’t know what he’s thinking right now.”

 

“Most probably he’s crying.” Tiffany laughs.

 

“Seriously??”

 

“Haha. Just joking ,Taeyeon. I loved the song and have you seen how the fans reacted to it? I think they all liked it even the idols are all smiling while you are singing it.”

 

“Wow! Then I’m sure this song is going to be a hit.”

 

“Yup. This song is a big hit. I love you, Tae.”

 

“I love you too, Fany. I know it’s too early for this kind of thing but I wanted to ask your father so I wrote this down.”

 

“This song, you almost made me cry. It’s so beautiful.”

 

“Thanks. It’s because my inspiration is beautiful too. I really love you, Fany.”

 

“I love you more. Now go back to your seat and I’ll be going back too. See you later!”