Chapter 21

Let Me Sing For You

 

“Dad!!!” Yuri ran and gave him a big hug. “Happy Birthday!”

 

“Thank you, song but what’s happening to you? We just saw each other a few days ago and now you’re acting like we haven’t seen each other for years.”

 

Yuri laughed and said, “I know, it’s just that I’m happy to see you again, Dad. Where’s mom? Still upstairs?”

 

“Oh no. She’s at the kitchen preparing something special for dinner.”

 

“Really? Wow! I can’t wait anymore.”

 

“Now, wait. Why don’t you introduce me first to this beautiful lady standing and looking at us.”

 

“Oh! Hi Sir. I’m Jessica Jung and happy birthday!”

 

Mr. Kwon approached Jessica and kissed her hand. “Thank you and it’s nice to meet you, Miss Jung. My son really has good tastes with girls.” He joked around.

 

“Ya! Dad! Don’t you say that in front of her, she might get turned off.” Yuri laughed which caused Jessica to smile with them.

 

“Okay, let’s continue this conversation while eating dinner.”

 

They went into the dining room and saw the table with variety of foods on it.

 

“Now, Dad. Would you please explain to me why we do have so many foods when it’s only the four of us who’s going to have dinner?”

 

Mr. Kwon smiled at Yuri and said, “For now it’s just the four of us but later, I think guests will arrive.”

 

“Guests? Who might they be?” Yuri asked.

 

“It’s a surprise, my dear.” Mrs. Kwon answered.

 

“Mom!” Yuri then gave her mom a hug then Jessica introduced herself.

 

While eating dinner, Yuri’s parents are all happy to see Jessica.

 

“You know what, Jessica.” The line that caught Jessica’s attention. “We’re so happy that you’re here.”

 

Confused Jessica asked, “What do you mean, Mrs. Kwon? Your son has dated lots of girls so it’s normal for him to bring girls here.” She laughed softly.

 

Yuri awkwardly gave a smile to Jessica and said, “Hey Mom!”

 

Mrs. Kwon gave a naughty smile and said, “That’s  it! He dated lots of girls before but I want you to know this.” Yuri shut his mouth and just continue eating while listening to his mom’s words to Jessica.

 

“What is it, Mrs. Kwon?”

 

“Well, out of all the girls that he dated, you Jessica, is the first girl he ever introduced to us.”

 

“I agree. I’ve never met one of the girls he dated before.” Mr. Kwon mentioned.

 

Jessica, who was quite surprised to hear, glanced at Yuri who is really a different Yuri now. He’s now a quiet guy and is like a little kid who is so shy while eating his food. With this view, Jessica smiled and said, “Really? I never expected to hear this one. I mean, your son is a good guy and it makes me think why he did not bring girls here.”

 

“Well…he once said that….” Even before Mr. Kwon finished speaking, Yuri just said it himself.

 

“I once said that I’ll only bring one girl here to introduce to them and that girl…will be my wife.” He said these words while looking sincerely to Jessica’s eyes.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

On the last day of their stay in Jeonju and they decided to drive around the place after eating their breakfast.

 

While driving, Taeyeon and Tiffany are talking to each other.

 

“Wow! Jeonju is really beautiful.” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

“Definitely, that’s why I always choose this place for a vacation whenever I have some time away from work.” Taeyeon looked at Tiffany who is busy looking at the beautiful views. “You’re like a kid, Tiff.”

 

Tiffany looked back at Taeyeon. “What? I look like a kid?”

 

“Yes but don’t get mad. I just said that because you really look like a kid, sticking your head out the window just to get a clear view of what’s outside.”

 

“I may look like a kid but I’ll never become a kid when it comes to loving you.” Tiffany smiled and reached for Taeyeon’s hands.

 

Words are not anymore necessary for them to express how they feel for each other. By just one look into each other’s eyes, it seems like the 3 magic words are appearing on it. Their stay at Jeonju will mean a lot to them since during their stay, they got closer and will never ever be parted from each other.

 

After driving for a few minutes, they then arrived Deokjin Park, one of the tourist attractions at Jeonju.

 

They then walked over a store and bought drinks and snacks for them to eat while staying at the park.

 

“There! Let’s stay there!” Taeyeon pointed to the empty bench under the shade of a tree. Tiffany opened the soda for Taeyeon.

 

“Here you go, Tae.”

 

“Thanks.” He answered and looked at the view and people passing by.

 

A short moment of silence happened between them and Tiffany decided to break it.

 

“What are you thinking, Tae?” She asked and leaned on his shoulders.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Nothing? Are you sure?”

 

“Yup!” He smiled.

 

“No, I still don’t believe you.” Tiffany chuckled.

 

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Well…your face expression is kind of different and I’m sure you’re thinking about something very deep.”

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and said, “Okay. Okay. You got me now!”

 

“So what are you thinking? Come on! Tell it to me, let’s see if I could help you.” Tiffany gave him an eye smile.

 

“Hmm…I’ve been thinking since the time we sat in this place…I thought about you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean, don’t you have any family? Like where’s your parents?”

 

“Ahh…that one…” Tiffany looked away and continued saying, “My mom passed away when I’m still young. My father he’s in the States and he runs our own companies there. Actually, he’s also one of the major stockholders of the company of Jessica’s father and my father also do own a big yacht club in New York.”

 

“How about any brothers or sisters?”

 

“I don’t have any. I’m the only daughter and successor of my father’s companies that’s why I just studied business and did not pursue my dreams to be a singer.”

 

Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany and smiled. “I was too.”

 

“You were what, Tae?”

 

“I was too the only successor of my father’s company but I decided to continue my love for music than doing something he only likes.”

 

“Are you mad at your father?”

 

“It’s not that I’m mad. It’s just that, like you, after my mom died, I had no choice but to follow everything that he says. Not until the day when I showed interest in the music industry and he knew that I’m joining some contest or even singing in various clubs at night, he got mad at me and told me to choose. Now that I’m here, it’s obvious that I choose my love for music. I did it but I mean, you have the choice to continue your dreams but why didn’t you do it?” Taeyeon said.

 

Tiffany takes a sip of her soda and said, “Before my mom died, I promised her that I’ll do whatever my father says and that I’ll be with him through ups and downs. I did that because I know that my mom supported my dad with everything that he does so I just followed her steps. Actually, my father knows about my dream and he told me that I can do what I want but I insisted that I’ll be his successor in the future.”

 

“You’re a very obedient child, Tiff.”

 

“You don’t have to say that Tae. We have our own choices and it’s up to us if the choice we made is something we will or we won’t regret later on in our life. I just hope you won’t regret your choice.” Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon smiled and said, “I hope so.”

 

Later that day, after arriving back at the house, they now boarded their bags in the car then afterwards left Jeonju to travel back to Seoul.

 

“Bye-bye, Jeonju! See you again!” Tiffany shouted while passing the “Welcome to Jeonju” arc.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll visit Jeonju again.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I know.” Tiffany laughed then shouted, “LET’S GO TO SEOUL!”

 

The shout which made both of them laugh so hard.