Chapter 5

Let Me Sing For You

CHAPTER 5

 

“Okay! Okay!” Clap. Clap. “We will have a guest this afternoon. As of now, I still don’t know who will it be but according to my Dad, it’s someone famous and I’m quite expecting that it will be a Hallyu star.“ Jessica shouted inside the room.

 

The employees left the room while Jessica and Tiffany was left inside.

 

“So who do you think it will be?” Jessica asked Tiffany who was looking outside the window. “Tiff? Tiffany? World to Tiffany?”

 

Startled Tiffany turned around to Jessica, “Yes? I’m sorry I was spacing out.”

 

“Hmm…Tiffany, you know what I noticed about you lately?”

 

Tiffany’s eyebrows got closer to each other as she sat down at the chair beside Jessica’s table. “What is it?”

 

Jessica sat down in front of Tiffany, “Well, after what happened between you and Taeyeon, I noticed that you are always spacing out. You can’t also concentrate especially on meetings. What’s with him that caused you to be like that?”

 

Tiffany answered Jessica with both of her eyes open wide. “You’re saying that Taeyeon caused all of this? I don’t think so. It’s not really him that I’m thinking about. I just don’t know…I just don’t…”

 

“I just don’t what?? Don’t tell me you’re falling for him?” Jessica joked around.

 

“What? Falling?” Tiffany stands up and walked away. “I don’t think so. He is not my type plus I don’t think saving me from those drunken guys is good. Not really.” Then she walked out of the room.

 

Jessica tilts her head, “Something’s weird with this girl. I just can feel that there’s something bothering her. Hmm…I wonder what it is.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Later that day, Tiffany is walking towards the comfort room. “Aigoo~! I think I’ll get sick. Whatever this is, it doesn’t really feel good.” She then entered the comfort room and does her thing. After a while, she went out and walking slowly while her gaze is sticking on the floor.

 

“YA! I TOLD YOU I’M NOT BYUNTAE! YOU ARE THE BYUNTAE! KWON YURI THE BYUNTAE!”

 

“Byuntae? Byun…BYUNTAE?!” Her eyes opened wide and when she’s about to run away, the door opened and got stunned. “Oh! No, please don’t, I swear I won’t tell anyone what I heard from you. Just please let me go.” She said while covering her face.

 

Confused Taeyeon, “What? Oh, wait!” Slowly pulling reaching for Tiffany’s arms.

 

“NO! PLEASE DON’T!” She shouted but Taeyeon managed to pull away Tiffany’s arms and said, “Oh? You’re the girl, such a small world to meet you again in here.”

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes to check on the guy and got surprised. “Taeyeon-ssi?” When she found out that it was Taeyeon, her face became an instant tomato.

 

Taeyeon laughed, “Oh no! She’s blushing. Don’t worry, I won’t tell it to anyone that you got paranoid when I shouted…” Taeyeon approached Tiffany and whispered, “byuntae.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes opened wide again and Taeyeon laughed hard because of her expression. “You are one funny girl, Ms. Tiffany.”

 

She then turned to tomato again and said, “I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else and I got carried away. Just please…let this stay between us.”

 

“Well, of course. So, why are you here? Are you working here?”

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking that?” Tiffany smiled. “But yeah, I work here together with my friend Jessica, the one you saw at home.”

 

“Jessica?” Taeyeon questioned. “Mr. Jung told me that I’ll be meeting her daughter Ms. Jessica Jung. Don’t tell me she’s the president of this company and you are the VP?” Taeyeon asked while pointing her finger to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany cleared , “Yes, Taeyeon-ssi but isn’t it quite early for you to go here? It’s just 2PM, aren’t you supposed to arrive at around 4PM?”

 

“Well, I should have but I wanted to get to know Jessica. If you won’t mind, can you please guide me to her room?”

 

“No problem.” Then they both left the comfort room area and walked down the hallways causing everyone to look over at Taeeyon.

 

“Oh my God! It’s Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“So handsome!”

 

“He’s so cute in person.”

 

Tiffany leaned closer to Taeyeon, “You’ll get used to it later.”

 

“I know and I like it.”

 

“Oh my God! Don’t you think they look good as a real couple?”

 

Both of them heard the side comment from an employee which made Tiffany furious but even before she stopped walking and turning around, Taeyeon is smiling as he place his arms over Tiffany’s shoulder causing everyone in the office to shout.

 

“Wohoo! Ms. Tiffany, you look good with him!”

 

“Taeyeon-ssi! You look good with her too!”

 

The noise continued as they walk into the hallway and Tiffany is really blushing and seems like she’s going to explode. Then they entered the elevator.

 

Tiffany released a confused sigh, “Why did you do that?”

 

Happy Taeyeon just smiling beside her said, “Don’t you know fan service?”

 

“Fan service?”

 

“Well it seems like you really don’t know. Also, I remember that you didn’t know me when we met so I guess, it’s just normal. Please don’t take it seriously.”

 

DING. “We’re here. Come and follow me.” Tiffany is walking before Taeyeon and in a constant speed that would distance her from Taeyeon.

 

“Wow! This girl is really something.”

 

Then they arrived at Jessica’s room and they entered.

 

“Jess? Your guest is here.”

 

Jessica turned her chair around and stood up. “Oh? Mr. Kim Taeyeon? Welcome!” She approached Taeyeon and did a hand shake.

 

“I’ll go now. I’ll be back later.” Tiffany said.

 

“Oh no! Stay here since you are the VP, I want you to stay here.”

 

“But…” Tiffany insisted.

 

“Come on. Come on.” Jessica pulled Tiffany. “Taeyeon-ssi, let’s go have coffee here inside the conference room.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Tiffany was quiet all along and was only listening to the conversation.

 

“I think you’ve met Tiffany before, right?” Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon shot a glance at Tiffany before he answered the question. “Yes, we met once before. I’m sure you know that one since you saw me at your house too but that’s the past and bad memory. I don’t want to remember that time anymore.”

 

“It was really good of you to save my friend here. It’s just that she has been my companion for so long.” Jessica expressed her emotions.

 

Taeyeon doesn’t really feel good talking about friendships. “That’s really good to hear, Jessica. Friends are one of the most important persons in life. It’s just unacceptable not to take care of them.”

 

Jessica who was quite amazed with Taeyeon’s words just said, “Wow! You really are something, Taeyeon. Oh? It’s already 3:30PM, I’ll just have to arrange the room for the small event. Tiff, I’ll leave Taeyeon to you right now.”

 

Jessica left and awkwardness fills up the room. Taeyeon did the initiative to talk first.

 

“Can I ask something to you, Tiffany?”

 

Startled Tiffany said, “Oh? Sure.”

 

Sigh. “Do you know someone named Hwang Miyoung because you do have the same surname with her? I’m just wondering if you know her.”

 

She looked at Taeyeon with a confused face, “Miyoung? Hwang Miyoung? I may be having the surname Hwang but I don’t remember someone named Miyoung. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that we share the same surname. Would you mind if I ask why?”

 

Taeyeon dropped down his head, “She’s my childhood bestfriend. Actually, no one knows about this one except my manager, Yuri and me. Now you know about this, can you please keep it to yourself?”

 

Tiffany nods and Taeyeon continues, “I lost her. I don’t know where she is right now but when we were at about 12 years old, she just left without even saying goodbye to me. It’s been 10 years since I last saw her.”

 

“Is she the reason why you entered the music industry?”

 

Surprised Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, “Apparently, yes but how did you know?”

 

“I don’t know. It just came in to my mind. You know what, Taeyeon. I’m sure your friend will be back and just wait patiently because good things come to those who wait.”

 

Taeyeon said in his mind, “You’re not related with Miyoung but you speak just like her…”