CHAPTER 1

Let Me Sing For You

“Congratulations, Mr. Kim for a very good concert, job well done!” A guy in a suit said.

Bowing to show his gratitude and said, “Thank you, sir. If not because of you, I may not be even standing on that very stage.” He smiled.

Everyone was congratulating Kim Taeyeon for a successful concert.

Kim Taeyeon, a famous singer that started as a rookie but ended up as a successful singer for his very unique and soothing voice.


Two years ago…

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“Yes, I am very certain of this. It’s my dream and it’s the only way to find my childhood friend.”

“Why do you keep on insisting that your friend will be back when she even just left you without a notice?”

Taeyeon looked at the girl talking to her. “Sooyoung, she has been my friend for so long and I know that she did not leave me without a reason. Whatever her reason is, I’m going to accept it and will understand everything she will say.”

Sigh. “If that’s what you believe in, I can’t do anything about it…”


Everyone left the concert hall and the only person inside is Taeyeon and his manager, Choi Sooyoung. Taeyeon is busy sitting on a chair looking on his hand while his manager is busy packing all of their things.

“Where are you?” He told under his breath which made Sooyoung look at her direction and asked, “Did you say something, Taeyeon?”

Startled Taeyeon looked up and placed her hand on the pocket of her hoodie, “Oh! No, I was just spacing out. Are we going now?”

“Yup! We’re going now and I’m sure fans outside are still waiting for you.” Sooyoung ended with a smile while she lifted the bags and headed outside the door.

“OPPA! OPPA! OPPA! TAEYEON OPPA!!! WAAHHH! SARANGHAEYO!!!”

Taeyeon kept on bowing and showed a heart for all of his fans. “Everyone! Thank you for coming and I hope you enjoyed the concert and see you again! Guys, you better go home now since it’s getting late.” He kept on waving even when he’s inside the car and finally decided to close down the window after a while.

Sooyoung kept on looking at the rearview mirror to check on Taeyeon. Her eyebrows got closer to each other as she sees Taeyeon looking quite unhappy and depressed.

“Tired?” Sooyoung asked.

Taeyeon pulled his head up and gave Sooyoung a nod. “Yeah. I’m quite exhausted since it’s been a while since I last held my solo concert.”

“Okay then, you better rest for now and I’ll just wake you up when we reach the house.”

Taeyeon gave a slight smile and said, “I’m going to be fine. I can wait until we get home. Plus I don’t want to leave my best manager driving alone at this time.”

“That’s what I like about you. You never changed after all these years.” Sooyoung complimented and smiled.

 

*------------------*



“Manager! Remember that singer guy I told you before?”

“Kim Taeyeon? He’s the best singer in Korea now. Why?”

“Well, I want to meet him.”

“What?! You want to meet him? Aigoo~! What’s happening to you?!” The manager said.

“Nothing. I’m so interested with him. Just please go and find a way for me to meet him.”

“I’m going crazy! I never figured out what’s in your mind, Lee Sunkyu. Okay, okay. I’ll try to find a way.”

“That’s what I like about you. Kim Hyoyeon, the best manager I’ve ever had.” She smiled.