Chapter 2

Let Me Sing For You

BEEP. BEEP.

Message 1: Taeyeon, I will be out for today. I’m going to sort out your schedules for next week. Just go do something you want to do since you don’t have any schedules until tomorrow. Bbyeong!”

BEEP. BEEP.

Message 2: And yeah! Before I forgot, fans sent in something for you. I placed it on the dining table. Bbyeong!”

BEEP. BEEP.

Message 3: Ya! Byuntae! Your concert was jjang! HAHAHA! Let me guess, you’re thinking that I was not there, right? HAHAHA! I was there…just…that…whatever! You byuntae! Call me back after you hear this one.”

BEEP. BEEP.

 

The last message made Taeyeon fully awake.  She reached out for his phone and dialed a number.

 

RING. RING. RING. RING. RING. RING. RING. RING. PICKUP.

 

“Ya! What tlok you so long to answer the phone? I was like waiting forever.” Taeyeon shouted over the pohone.

 

“I’m sorry! I’m not an artist but fans kept on approaching me and asking for my picture but guess what?”

 

“What?!”

 

“They’re asking for my picture and they’ll give me a present but when I check on it, everything is for you. How could your fans deceive me?!”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! “That’s the best part, ManYul. At least fans notice your pretty face. Get mad when they just asked you to give me a present.”

“YA! I DON’T KNOW BUT I’M KWON YURI! I’M THE ELDEST SON OF THE KWON ENTERPRISE AND AS THE ELDEST; I’M THE MOST HANDSOME AMONG ALL THE KWON FAMILY. Don’t you dare underestimate me, KIM TAEYEON!”

“WUHAHAHAHA! You’re so funny, Yuri. It’s like a girl turned you down and you’ve gone crazy. Where are you right now?”

“Me? Isn’t it obvious? I’m inside a parked car and I’m on my way to your house.” Yuri threw at the back of the car the last gift that he received for Taeyeon.

“Good. Good because I think one gift is not supposed to be here at my house. It got lost.”

“What do you mean?!”

TOOT. TOOT. TOOT. TOOT.“Damn it. What does that byuntae wants now?” Yuri left the place and went straight to Taeyeon’s place.

Taeyeon is busy checking the presents from his fans as he sees another gift for Yuri. “What?! How come Yuri has fans even if he’s just my best friend? That’s really weird.”

BEEP. BEEP.

Message: Hey, Tae. Call me back as soon as you hear this message.”

BEEP. BEEP.

“Now what could it be this time?” Taeyeon picked up her phone and dialed Sooyoung’s number.

“Yo! What’s up and what’s down?” Taeyeon asked jokingly.

“This is just a very sudden schedule but do you have any schedules for tonight?” Sooyoung asked.

Taeyeon thinking, “Hmm…I don’t think I have but Yuri…” Sooyoung interrupted him and said, “Good! It’s set then. Someone named Lee Sunkyu wants to meet with you. She even reserved the whole Park Hyatt Seoul Cornerstone Restaurant and Bar.”

“What?!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “The whole place? I know I’m a big artist but come on, I have only eaten once in that restaurant. How could this be?”

“Honestly, I don’t even know. Someone just came up to me and asked if her boss can meet you. When I heard the word boss, I was like, whoa! This one’s a big one. So what now? You’ll come tonight?”

Taeyeon doesn’t want to go but ended up agreeing with his manager. “Okay. Okay. I’ll go even if I don’t want to. Also, it’s someone big which could do something to me.”

Sooyoung celebrating, “Hooray! Hooray! It’s set. 7PM at the Cornerstone Restaurant and Bar at Park Hyatt Seoul. Bbyeong!”

Sooyoung hung up and Taeyeon put down the phone and hear a car parking inside the compound. He went out the house to take a look at only to see it’s his best friend, Yuri.

Kwon Yuri owns a Bugatti Veyron. It’s the most expensive car in the world and only Yuri owns it in Korea. He’s quite a tall man with a very pretty face that you’ll even mistake him for an artist. Even so, Taeyeon has always been the crowd favorite whenever they’re together. Yuri walks out the car, wearing a ray Ban shades and a Burberry coat. He took of his shades as he approach Taeyeon.

“Oh come on, Tae. I know you’re going gay for me.” Yuri joked around.

“God! Why did you give me such a naughty friend?” Taeyeon glared Yuri and threw a box and a small envelope to him. “Those are yours. I don’t remember me changing my name to Yuri.” He said as he walks back inside.

“What? These are mine? How could this be?” Confused Yuri followed Taeyeon inside the house and sat on the couch while he opens the presents.

Yuri opens the gift like a little boy who received a Christmas present. “Ya! Yuri! Why are you acting like that? You’re like a boy who don’t get to receive gifts.”

“Oh and yeah, I told you to stop driving that stupid sports car. You almost got killed because of that car.”

“Don’t worry, Tae. I’ll bring you with me when I die so that I won’t be alone.” Yuri grinned and he received a deadly glare from Taeyeon. “I don’t want to! Just go alone, I’m sure I can live alone without you.”

Yuri finished opening the present and saw a platinum diamond ID bracelet worth $18,000. “YA! YURI! Are you okay?” Yuri looked at Taeyeon and showed him the bracelet. “Oh my God! Is that a platinum diamond bracelet? The one we saw at the male a few days ago?” Taeyeon received a nod from Yuri and they’ we’re both in shock to see the expensive bracelet.

Taeyeon grabbed the present wrapper and checked on the card. “Ya! What are you doing?” Yuri asked.

“I’ll just double check the card maybe it wasn’t meant for you. I just read it wrongly.” Taeyeon found the card and written on it was, “TO: KWON YURI”. Taeyeon threw the card to her dismay. “I’ve got a lot of fans but how could you have a fan that is so rich? Can I just have that instead?” He asked.

“Oh no!” Yuri hugged the box just like how a kid would defend his toys. “This is mine and the card says KWON YURI not KIM TAEYEON. That’s a big difference, you know.”

“Whatever, Yuri.”

Yuri opened the letter and read

“To Kwon Yuri

I hope you like my gift and I’ll just remain anonymous. You don’t need to know my name. I’m just someone who likes you and appreciates you more than your best friend, Taeyeon. I’m sorry, Taeyeon. ^^”

“Wow, Tae! It seems like I’m starting to have fans that are rich and can give me something like this.” Yuri boasted in front of Tae.

Taeyeon irritated, “It’s okay. What if you got a fan, A FAN! You only got one while me, I got a lot of fans that is always there to support me and I don’t need expensive things.”

“Cha!” Yuri stood up. “I’ll go ahead. You all have the gifts with you. I have something to do. Let’s just see each other again next time.” Yuri went out the house and quickly left the place.

“Wow! After all these years, Yuri has been like that.”

 

*------------------*

 

Later that night, Taeyeon is prepared to go to the dinner. He’s wearing a black tuxedo with a silver cravat tie and matching vest.

Before leaving the house, Taeyeon checked himself on the mirror. “Why should I wear something like this? It’s not like I’m going to get married. I’m just going to meet someone who I don’t know actually. If only I could just wear casual clothes, which would be better.”

 

*------------------*

 

At around 6:30PM, Taeyeon arrived at the restaurant. He went out the car and straightened his tux and looked around.

“Good evening, Mr. Kim.” The valet driver greeted. Taeyeon gave a nod. “Good evening.” He then entered the hotel and went straight to the restaurant so that no one will notice him. As soon as he arrives, he was then asked to wait for a while at the table.

The waitress filled Taeyeon’s glass of champagne. “Excuse me, Miss but do you know who I am supposed to meet tonight?”

“I’m sorry, sir but I don’t know. I was just assigned here today.” The waitress answered. “Oh, I see. Thank you. I’ll just call you if I need another glass.” The waitress walked away and Taeyeon waited patiently. He got bored and asked for another glass but then.

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting, my special guest.” Saying as she signals the waitress to go away.

Taeyeon turned around only to see someone very familiar with him walking down the aisle wearing a short black y dress.