Chapter 31

Let Me Sing For You

Hi everyone! ^^ Sorry, I was busy these past few days and didn't have time to update. ><

Luckily, I'll be done with my job training on Tuesday! Hooray! No need to wake up early. :DDD

And yeah, every good things must come to an end so, I'm not going to make this long. >.< Soon, this fanfic will come to and end. T_T

But as of now, since it's still not yet done, enjoy reading! ^_^



 

 

CHAPTER 31

 

A week passed by, Taeyeon tried his best not to go to Tiffany’s house. Instead, he will always ask Tiffany to meet with him in a restaurant or meet at the park or worst, don’t meet for a day.

One time while they were having dinner at a VIP room, Tiffany speaks out.

“Tae?”

“Umm?” Taeyeon is busy munching on his dinner.

“I have a question.”

“Shoot!” Taeyeon looks to Tiffany and smiled then continued eating.

Tiffay slightly smiled. “I just noticed when Daddy came back…”

Taeyeon choked on his food. “Sorry…”

“Are you okay? Worried Tiffany.

“Yup, I’m fine. Just continue your question.” He says as he wipes his mouth.

“I mean when Daddy came back here, you never visited our home and you always ask me to meet you at a certain place. You’re not like this, Tae. Before, you would always drop by at home and pick me up and then afterwards, you’ll send me home. What’s happening? Are you afraid of my father?”

Taeyeon cleared his throat and explained. “It’s not like that; it’s just that I’m not really used with your father around at home. Also, how can I deal with someone who…” He stopped.

“Someone who, Tae?”

He remembered everything Mr. Hwang did to him and his father and tried his best to control his emotions. “I feel awkward talking to.”

“I told you before that Daddy is a very understanding man. Surely, if you’ll come by at our house again, he’ll try to make the gap between you closer.” She smiled and caress Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon looks at their hands. Anger and pain starts to build up in his heart. “I think Jessica’s right. That wasn’t the right time to meet with your father.”

“I don’t think so, Tae. You know what, Daddy always asks questions about you and if I have met your father.”

“My father?” Taeyeon was surprised.

“Yup! Your father. Why? What’s wrong with that? I thought they’re business partners?”

“Well, yeah it’s just that…”

“Don’t worry, Tae. I’m sure Daddy just wants to meet Mr. Kim again. Also, he told me he’s going to visit him on one of these coming days.”

“I see.”

“Now? Will you send me home today and stay there for a while?”

Taeyeon slightly nodded. “Okay but just for a while, huh?”

Tiffany smiles and gives him a peck.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

When they got home, Tiffany looked around to find Mr. Hwang but he’s not home.

 

“Oh? I think Daddy’s not here.”

 

“Really?” Taeyeon’s expression brightened and whispered, “Lucky…”

 

“Are you saying something, Tae?”

 

“Me?” He shook his head, “No, I’m not saying something. Well, not that we’re here, what are we going to do?”

 

Tiffany looked at him. “Hmm…”

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

“Well…you could just stay here for a while and maybe Daddy will be back soon but if not, then it’s okay.”

 

RING. RING. RING. RING.

 

“Excuse me. I’ll just answer this one.” Taeyeon walked away.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

“Oh? Abeoji, is something wrong? Why did you call?”

 

“Are you kind of busy now?”

 

“Hmm…” He looked back inside to check on Tiffany who is watching the television. “Not really, why?”

 

“Are you at home?”

 

“Nope, I’m here at Tiffany’s house. Why? Do you want me to come over now?”

 

“That is if you’re not busy.”

 

“No, I’m not busy. I’ll just tell her you need to see me. See you later, abeoji.”

 

Taeyeon hang up the phone and went inside. “Fany?”

 

“Umm?”

 

“Well…uhm…Daddy just called and wants me to meet him at home. Is it okay if I…”

 

“Sure. Sure. No problem about that, let’s just see each other again tomorrow.” Tiffany stands up and gives him a hug and wraps her arms around Taeyeon’s neck. “But before you go, give me my kiss first.” She then positioned her lips.

 

Taeyeon pulled her body closer to his and gave her a deep kiss. “Would that do?” He smiled.

 

Tiffany smiled and said, “Of course. Drive carefully, okay??”

 

Then Taeyeon left her house.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

When he arrived at his father’s house, he went straight inside but noticed a car parked outside. He walks into his father’s mini office room and saw him talking to Mr. Hwang.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes turned fierce when he saw Mr. Hwang. He walked and asked his father, “What is that guy doing here?” He points to Mr. Hwang.

 

“Well, he’s just…”

 

“After all what he did to us, Dad? You still treat him as a business partner???” He sighed.

 

Mr. Kim tries to calm his son down. “Calm down, son. He’s not here to bring that topic up again.”

 

“Then what?!” Taeyeon shouted. “He’s asking for money again? How hopeless!”

 

Mr. Hwang chuckled.

 

“What’s funny? Huh?!”

 

“Kim Taeyeon! I told you to stop and calm down!” Mr. Kim shouted.

 

Taeyeon backed off and apologized to his father. “I’m sorry…”

 

“Now sit down.” His father ordered.

 

Taeyeon seats across Mr. Hwang and he can’t help himself glare at Mr. Hwang.

 

“I’m sorry about that Mr. Hwang. Now, where were we again? Ahh…that…your daughter.”

 

“Daughter? Tiffany?” Taeyeon whispered.

 

“Yeah, my daughter.” Mr. Hwang said. “I came here not to hurt you guys again. In fact, I even returned the money your father gave me before.”

 

“Wow! Even did that? You really are a weird man, Mr. Hwang.”

 

Mr. Kim cleared his throat. “I think you guys need some time alone. Now, gentlemen if you’ll excuse me. I need to go get some sleep. Thanks for coming today, Mr. Hwang.” Then he left the room.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“Why are you here? After what you did to use before, you still have the courage to show up in front of my father?”

 

Mr. Hwang chuckled again.

 

“What’s funny? Huh?”

 

“Why don’t you let me speak first?”

 

“Fine.”

 

Mr. Hwang takes a sip of his tea and started speaking. “I came here not to hurt you or your father again neither ask money from you father again. I came here as simply Mr. Hwang, trying to apologize for the stupid thing that I did before. Now that you’re here…” He bowed his head. “I’m really sorry for the thing that I did before. Thinking about it, makes me feel like I’ve done something really, really wrong in the past which is true. I know you really are mad at me but I did that because…”

 

“You think I’ll just forgive you that easily?”

 

“I know you won’t but please listen to me first. I’m sure you’ll understand if you hear my reason. I did that because no matter how hard I tried to stay in Korea, I can’t keep up with the fast-paced world of business here so I lost all of my savings. You know how much I love Tiffany so I don’t want her to experience hardships in life while she’s still young. In the end, I decided to kidnap you and get some money from your father. It was also my decision to go back to the States because I’m used to having business there and luckily, the money I got from your father tripled and I managed to give Tiffany a good life. I just can’t let her experience hard times because before her mother died, I promised her mom that I will give our daughter a good life.”  Mr. Hwang getting teary eyed in front of Taeyeon.

 

“You did it because of you daughter?” Taeyeon stands up. “What if she knows about this?”

 

Mr. Hwang walked in front of Taeyeon, he kneeled and cried. “I’m really sorry, Taeyeon. I know you may never forgive but please…I beg you…please don’t tell Tiffany about it. I don’t want to lose the only person left in my life. Please….”

 

Taeyeon remembered the times when Tiffany would always say how much she loves his father.

 

“I really love my father. I don’t think I’ll get mad at him for whatever reasons. It’s just that he’s the greatest father.”

 

He grabbed Mr. Hwang’s shoulder and helped him to stand up. “Mr. Hwang, what you’re asking for is a very hard thing to do. I know many years have gone by and I just realized that keeping this anger in my heart won’t do any good to me. I will forgive you…”

 

“But?” Mr. Hwang asked.

 

“But…I don’t think it’s fair that your daughter doesn’t know one part of your past.”

 

“What do you mean, Taeyeon?”

 

“Mr. Hwang, I’ve been with Tiffany for more than a year since we got together and whenever she sees a father with a child, she won’t stop talking about you and telling me how much she loves you. She’s your daughter and like what you said, the only person left in your life. What do you think will she feel when she hears this from another person?”

 

“I guess, she’ll get mad at me.”

 

Taeyeon shakes his head. “I don’t think so, Mr. Hwang. When we were still a child, I always knew Tiffany would be someone who would forgive someone easily and won’t ever keep something against them. She’s like that to other people, what more to her own father? Don’t worry, Mr. Hwang. Tiffany is old enough to understand the reason why you did that.” He smiled.

 

“Thanks, Taeyeon. I knew it’s just right to apologize to you and your father. I’m sorry and thank you.”

 

Mr. Hwang gave Taeyeon a hug. “I forgive you now, Mr. Hwang but tell it to your daughter. If anything goes wrong, I promise, I’ll try my best to talk to her.”