Chapter 6

Let Me Sing For You

 

CHAPTER 6

 

That day Taeyeon signed contract with Jessica’s company. Jessica owns a clothing company and Taeyeon will become as one of their main endorsers.

“Thank you so much for coming, Taeyeon.” Jessica shook Taeyeon’s hand.

“It’s a great pleasure to be the model of this big company, Miss Jessica. I have got to go now. Let’s just see each other again next time. Bye!” He then went straight to the elevator all alone. DING. DONG. “Stopped at the 27th floor?” Then the elevator door opens and a girl entered.

“Oh? Tiffany?”

“Oh? Taeyeon-ssi? Are you heading home now?” Tiffany asked as she stands beside Taeyeon.

“Yup but where were you earlier? I saw you at the party but then after a few minutes, you’re not there anymore.”

“Ahh, that. I actually had something to work on so I need to leave the party.”

Awkwardness fills up the elevator. It has been the third time when they meet accidentally but then they still feel uncomfortable with each other. The elevator is currently passing the 20th floor when suddenly…

 

TUG. TUG. DAGGG!

 

“Oh no! What happened? I can’t see anything!!!” Tiffany panics as soon as the elevator goes dark inside.

“I think we’re stuck.” Taeyeon pulls out his phone. “No service too but…” He looked beside him and Tiffany’s not there. “Tiffany?” He used his phone as a flashlight to check the place only to find her sitting on the corner. “Tiffany? Are you okay? Are you hurt?”

Tiffany looked up to Taeyeon, “Oh no. I’m fine…it’s just that…it’s just that…I don’t really like being in dark places. I’m so scared, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon sat down beside her and starts to comfort her. He pulled Tiffany closer to him and put his arms around her. “Everything’s going to be fine Tiffany. You are not alone in this place. I’m here.”

Tiffany was crying when the lights but the elevator still won’t move. “Okay, lights are on now. Are you feeling much better?” Tiffany nods as she wipes her tears away.

“I’m so sorry. My tears are all over your suit. I didn’t meant to…”

“It’s nothing. Hmm…there’s a camera over here but I kept on pressing this emergency button but it seems like no one hears it. I hope they’ll notice us as soon as possible.”

“Wait, you said you’re on your way home, right? Is someone waiting for you downstairs?” Tiffany asked.

“Ahh, no one. I went here all alone. My manager is busy so she did not come with me.” Taeyeon sat down beside Tiffany. “Are you sure you’re okay now?”

“Yes…”

“But you’re trembling.” Taeyeon pulls Tiffany’s hands and held it. “Much better, right?”

“Yes…” Again, the elevator is full of awkwardness. “Taeyeon?”

“Hmm...? He turned his head to look at Tiffany.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure. Go ahead.”

“You’re a very famous artist and don’t you feel tired sometimes? I mean, schedule here, schedule there. It’s like artist don’t have time to rest anymore.”

Taeyeon still holding Tiffany’s hands to make her feel relaxed. “Well, it’s really tiring especially if you’re new with this one. Honestly, I get tired too.” He dropped his head. “This was my dream…but when I lost my best friend…I felt really down at that moment up to the point that I don’t eat right and I hate going to school without her. Miyoung is really something to me. She’s like my energizer whenever I’m down. After what happened, I never trusted anyone else not until I knew Yuri. He’s not the same as Miyoung but he’s someone I can depend on to. After all what happened, Yuri and my manager Sooyoung helped me realize that this is my destiny. Also, this is my dream. As of now, I’m happy with what I’m doing, I get tired but I don’t think of quitting. I must stay on this industry so that I can find my friend.”

“I’m sure she misses you so much. Don’t you think asking help from other people will make it easier for you to find her?” Tiffany suggested.

“I don’t want to.”

“But why?”

“It’s because I want Miyoung to still be a normal person when we meet again. I don’t want media invading her personal life. I want her to live like a normal person and not like me.”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, “You love her, right? You’ve never had the chance to confessed what you really feel to her, right?”

 

*------------------*

 

The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try again later.

“Where in the world is this girl? I thought she wanted to go home first but why is it she’s still not here?” Jessica feels uneasy knowing that Tiffany is not yet home so she decided to wait at home.

 

*------------------*

 

 

“It’s been 2 hours since we got stuck in here. I’ve tried pressing the emergency button but they still won’t come. What’s happening?” Taeyeon said and sat down beside Tiffany again.

“I thought you were the patient one? Why are you nagging now?” Tiffany joked around.

“It’s just that I’m really wondering why no one is coming even if I’m pressing that button for a long time.”

“Don’t get too annoyed, Taeyeon. I’m sure they’ll come for us. We just have to extend our patience.”

SIGH.“You look tired, Tiffany. Are you sleepy?”

“Yes, I am. I want to sleep but…”

“No more buts. If you want to sleep, go to sleep. I’ll just wake you up when they know that we are here.”

“But…”

“I told you. No more buts. Okay, to help you sleep, I’ll sing a song for you.”

“Can I request one song?”

“I’m sure you know Huh Gak’s song? I Told You I Wanna Die?” Tiffany smiled.

Taeyeon surprised with the song choice. “I thought you want to hear me sing some of my songs but I’m surprised that you would prefer Huh Gak’s song than my song.” Taeyeon said in a jealous tone.

“It’s not like that. I choose that song for you to sing because it will really match your voice. Please…” Tiffany begged.

“Okay. Sure. I’ll give it a try.”

 

*이렇게 너를 난 떠올리곤 해
길었던 순간들도 기억해 오늘도
너의 뒷모습을 잠시라도 볼 수 있다면

 

죽고 싶단 말밖에 난 할 수가 없어
너 없는 삶은 견딜 수 없어
다시 돌아오기만을 기다려
이제 너는 없지만
제발 너무 보고 싶어
널 사랑해*

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon felt weight on his left shoulder. He looked on his side only to see Tiffany sleeping on his shoulders like a little kid. Taeyeon smiled, “So you really find this song like a lullaby for you?”

 

*FLASHBACK

“Tae, Tae. Can you sing a song for me??”

“Hmm…only on one condition?”

“You really are unfair! I just asked you to sing a song but there’s always a condition.” Miyoung pouted. “Now what is it?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Don’t fall asleep while I’m singing. Do you think you can do that?”

Miyoung tilted her head, “I’ll give it a try.”

So Taeyeon sung Miyoung’s favorite song, Flightless Bird, American Mouth.

...Have I found you, Flightless bird, grounded, bleeding or lost you, American Mouth, big pill stuck going down…

Taeyeon smiled as she looks at the sleeping girl on her shoulders. “You are so unfair.”

 

*------------------*

 

TAEYEON’S POV

“Are you really not Miyoung? How come whenever I see you, I’m with you, I can’t help but reminisce all the memories I had with Miyoung.

You asked me if I love her, yes I do really love her but when you came, it feels like she’s back. There’s something with you that I just can’t let go.

I know you’re not Miyoung also we only meet by accidents but I wanted to thank this accident for letting me get trapped with you here in the elevator. Although we did not talk that much, it feels like we got closer.

Yeah, you’re not Miyoung but…I think…

 

I’m falling for you, little Miss Tiffany…”