Chapter 29

Let Me Sing For You

 

“Because what, Tiffany?” Taeyeon holds Tiffany’s hands.

 

She breaks down and cries, “I….”

 

“I am….”

 

“I am not Tiffany.”

 

Taeyeon hugs her and asks. “What do you mean you’re not Tiffany?”

 

“I’m not Tiffany because…”

 

“Because what?” Taeyeon pulls away and cups Tiffany’s face. “Because what, Tiffany? Please tell me why.”

 

“Because I’m Hw…Hwang…Miyoung…”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widen and hug her. “You’re Miyoung? Is this for real?”

 

She smiles. “Yes, this is for real.”

 

“What? What happened?” He pulls away. “Why did you just tell it to me now? I mean, we’ve been together for months and now you’re telling me you’re Miyoung? I’m so stupid! I didn’t know that the person I’ve been looking for is just with me. Were you playing with me?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“Playing with you? Why would I do that with someone that I wasn’t able to see for years? Are you crazy?”

 

Taeyeon smiles and rests his forehead on Tiffany’s forehead. “And now that you’re back, I just want to say, I really missed you like crazy.”

 

“Me too, Tae.” She pulls away and looks into Taeyeon’s eyes. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do this to you, it’s just that…”

 

“It’s okay. Now, tell me what happened why you’re just telling it to me now.”

 

“Honestly, I always knew you were Taeyeon but I pretended to be someone else for you. I’ve been known as Tiffany since the day I went back to the States. Daddy wanted me to use the name Tiffany and to leave every memory that I had in Korea, including my friendship with you. I was really mad at Daddy for forcing me to forget you. That day, the last day we’ve seen each other…”

 

*Reminder: Starting from now, I’ll just call Miyoung as Tiffany. ^^ I hope you won’t get confused.*

 

“We’re going back to States. We’re leaving in a while.”

 

“Daddy, I don’t want to go back there! I thought you told me that we’ll stay here for good?”

 

“I know, it’s just that there are problems in the company and I must check on it.”

 

“Can I just stay here? I mean, we do have maids here to look after me. Even have drivers here to drive me to school. Daddy, please. Let me stay here. I like it here.”

 

“I’m sorry baby but I can’t leave you here alone.”

 

Tiffany starts crying. “But I really don’t want to go! I just want to stay here! Please daddy…”

 

He sighed. “This is final. We’re leaving tonight and all your things are packed now. I’m sorry, baby.”

 

Tiffany still crying glared at her father and ran to her room.

 

“Tiff!” He sighed. “I’m sorry. We must leave this place. It’s better if we stay in the States.”

 

 

“It was very sudden and all that I wanted to do is to stay in Korea forever. I kept on crying in my room and can’t stop thinking of you.”

 

 

Tiffany looks at her necklace and leaves her room. Her father sees her going down the stairs and asks, “Ready to leave?”

 

She’s not listening instead she just continues to walk towards the main door trying to hold her tears.

 

“Tiffany, are you ready to leave?” Mr. Hwang asked in a higher tone.

 

Tiffany stopped in front of the door and said, “I’m going to Taeyeon’s house.”

 

“Going where? I told you we’re leaving in a while.”

 

She turns around to face her father. “I want to say goodbye to Taeyeon since I know I can’t stop you from leaving.”

 

“We’re leaving now. I already asked a maid to tell Taeyeon if he comes here tomorrow that we already left.”

 

“I don’t believe you. I personally want to say goodbye to Taeyeon.”

 

 

“Daddy did not allow me to leave the house instead he lifted me up and bring me inside the car and we left. We even passed by your house and saw you going inside the gate. I wanted to shout but Daddy is really mad that he won’t even let me roll down the window. All that I did was to look at the rear window and cry.”

 

“Now tell me the part why you forced yourself to pretend to be someone else.” Taeyeon says.

 

“That was when we were on our way back to the States; I was not talking to my father and was just looking out the window. I was still crying at that time and was holding the necklace that you gave me. When we arrived, daddy told me that I won’t be using the name Miyoung anymore instead; I’ll be using the name Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Tiffany Hwang? It’s not a bad name so I guess you can just keep that one.”

 

Tiffany smiles and continues. “I agreed with him. At first, it was hard because every time I go to school, I don’t talk to other students. I don’t care even if they call me a loner; it’s just that I really wanted to be with you. I got sick, I got failing grades at school and I don’t really concentrate not until the day Jessica became my friend. She may not be you but she really has a good heart. I never told her about you so she doesn’t know that we know each other.”

 

“Enough of this…” Taeyeon smiles.

 

Surprised Tiffany asked, “Why?”

 

“I don’t want to know it anymore. I just want to know if you came back here to find me.”

 

“That’s one of the reasons why I came back here.”

 

Taeyeon kissed her like there’s no tomorrow. Tiffany returns the kiss and tells him, “I love you, Tae. I promise, I won’t be leaving again without informing you.”

 

Taeyeon smiles, “You’re joking, right? You don’t have to leave again.”

 

“I will leave again but I will tell it to you.” She smiles and pecks Taeyeon’s lips. Tiffany then pouts.

 

“Oh? What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“You’re drunk. Why do you have to get yourself drunk? Even drive while under the influence of alcohol? You could have been in an accident.” Tiffany scolded Taeyeon.

 

“Oops. I’m sorry, Fany. I guess, I need to go home now.” Taeyeon stands up.

 

Tiffany pulls his hand. “No, you won’t.”

 

“Why? I can’t sleep here. I must go home, Sooyoung will get worried again.”

 

“I can’t let you drive yourself home. You’re drunk, you think I’m crazy to let you drive while you’re drunk?”

 

“So…what do you mean?”

 

Tiffany pulls Taeyeon. “Come with me.”

 

After going upstairs, they went inside a vacant room. “You stay here and sleep in this room. This is Jessica’s sister’s room but she’s not here so you can sleep here for now. Understand?”

 

Taeyeon nods like a kid. “Good night!” He gives Tiffany a kiss.

 

She smiles. “Good night. You better sleep now.” She walks away but Taeyeon didn’t let go of her hand instead he pulls her to the bed. “Sleep here beside me, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany turns around and says, “Okay.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day, Jessica leaves the house early in the morning to have breakfast with Yuri outside. While on her way, she receives a phone call.

 

“Hello?”

“Is this Miss Jessica Jung?”

 

“Yes this is she; may I know who this is?”

 

“…”

 

“Mr..Mr…Mr. Hwang??!” She stops the car on the side.

 

“Yes, this is Mr. Hwang. I’m calling to inform you that I just arrived here in Korea and I’m on my way to your house now. Tiffany’s there with you, right?”

 

“Ye…yes..sir. Your daughter is here at the house but I think she’s still asleep.”

 

“Are you okay? Why does it sound like you’re trembling?”

 

“Oh? Who? Me? No, I’m not. Maybe because I just woke up that’s why I’m like this.”

 

“Okay, Miss Jung. See you in a little while”

 

“Yes, Mr. Hwang.”

 

Jessica hang up the phone and calls Yuri. “Yuri, I can’t come today. Tiffany’s dad is on his way to our house and I think Taeyeon is sleeping at home. I must warn them.”

 

“Really? Okay! Okay! Don’t call Taeyeon or Tiffany. I’ll call them now. Just drive carefully, okay?”

 

Jessica drives home while Yuri tries to call the couple.

 

Tiffany picks up Taeyeon’s phone. “Hello?”

 

“Hello? Tiffany?”

 

“Oh? Yuri? Good morning. Why do you sound like there’s something wrong?”

 

“Well, something is really wrong today. Your father is on his way there now!” He shouted over the phone.

 

“What?! Are you serious?”

 

“Yup! I’m serious, Jessica just called me and told me that your father called her. I’m sure Taeyeon is there and your father won’t feel good seeing Taeyeon sleeping there, right? Now you better wake him up.”

 

“Okay!”

 

Tiffany tries to wake Taeyeon up. “Taeyeon! Wake up!”

 

“Umm…what is it?”

 

“My daddy is on his way here now! You better wake up and we better go downstairs!”

 

“What?!!!! Your daddy?!!!”