Chapter 28

Let Me Sing For You

 

 

Whoo! Back with another update. 

Time check, 11:53PM and my eyes are already closing. Hahaha! 

But still managed to do an update. I hope you guys like it! 

Happy reading!

 


 

 

 

“That’s it? That’s your reason?” Jessica asked. “Are you crazy? Do you know how much that guy loves you?”

 

“I know but…”

 

“You knew! You knew but you hurt him. What’s with you, Tiffany?” Jessica asks again in a very serious tone.

 

Tiffany tries her best to sit up on the bed. She starts tearing up again and says, “Do you think I wanted this to happen? Do you think it’s easy for me to break up with someone that I love?”

 

“If you love him why break up with him? You don’t even have a valid reason to do it!” Jessica explains. “Whatever. I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I’ll be outside if you need me.”

 

Jessica leaves the room and leaves Tiffany. She sits down on the chair in the lobby and Yuri sees her.

 

“Babe? Anything wrong?” Yuri asks as he gives his girl a kiss on the cheeks.

 

Jessica hugs him and cries.

 

“Shh…shh…don’t cry. Just tell me what happened.”

 

“Tiffany…broke up with him.”

 

“Broke up with Taeyeon? What?! Why?!”

 

Jessica pulls away. “That’s the same question that I asked. She told me she doesn’t want to ruin Taeyeon’s friendship with his best friend that’s why she broke up with him but I don’t think that’s the main reason. I know there’s something more valid than that, right babe?”

 

“Yeah, surely there is more valid reason why she broke up with Taeng.”

 

“I already asked her but she just won’t talk. This is so frustrating!”

 

Yuri hugs Jessica and says, “Don’t worry, I’ll try to talk to her and help sort things out.”

 

“Thanks, Yuri.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

After a week, Sooyoung is always worried about Taeyeon because every time he gets home, he will just drink and drink and always get drunk.

 

That day, Taeyeon is back to work and is trying to move on. Currently, he’s a guest on a radio show when suddenly the DJ asks him, “Taeyeon-ssi, how is everything between you and Tiffany-ssi?”

 

“Ahh…that…” Taeyeon gives out his best smile and answers. “Everything is doing fine. Even if I’m busy and she’s busy, we still have time for each other.”

 

It was already pass midnight when Taeyeon finished the radio show and headed back home.

 

On his way home, Sooyoung is driving the car while he’s at the back seat looking outside the window.

 

“Tae?”

 

“Umm?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I am.” He flashes a big smile to his manager.

 

“Okay.” Sooyoung drives and says in her mind, “I don’t want to argue with you but I know you’re still in pain after all what happened between you and Tiffany.”

 

Taeyeon looks outside and sees the night view beside the Han River. There were couples walking hand in hand and he can’t stop himself from thinking.

 

“If I was not a famous singer, I’m sure we could have done that thing too. I miss you so much, Tiffany. I wanted to call you and hear your voice but since you told me that you don’t want to see me again, I’ll follow that one. I love you. I love you so much.”

 

Suddenly, raindrops start to fall.

 

“It’s raining…”

 

 

*------------------*

 

“It’s raining.” Tiffany whispered.

 

She walks towards the window and looks outside.

 

“A week has passed but still I can’t stop myself from thinking about you. I know I told you that I don’t want to see you anymore but the truth is, I want to see you so badly. I’m sorry Taeyeon, its better I let go of you earlier than to let go of you when it’s too late.”

 

“Hey, Tiffany!”

 

Tiffany turns around. “Yes, Sica?”

 

“Shall we go home now? It’s already early morning.”

 

“Sure. I’ll just clean up my desk.”

 

“Okay, I’ll wait here outside.”

 

When they got home, Tiffany lies on her bed after an hour. She puts her hands under her head and looked at the ceiling.

 

“I can’t sleep. Maybe I should go and drink some warm milk.”

 

She stands up and walks to the kitchen when she hears a car stops outside. She takes a peek on the window and sees a white car parked in front of their house.

 

“Oh? Who might that be?” She asks to herself.

 

Just when she decided not to mind the car, a loud noise came outside.

 

BANG. BANG. BANG. “YA! TIFFANY HWANG! OPEN UP THIS GATE!”

 

“Omomo~! Don’t tell me…”

 

“YA! I WON’T STOP IF YOU DON’T OPEN UP THIS GATE!”

 

“Oh my God! It’s Taeyeon!” Out of her mind, she rushes outside and opens the gate only to see a drunk Taeyeon.

 

“Oh my, Tae? You’re drunk!”

 

“Drunk?” Taeyeon asks. “Who’s drunk?”

 

Tiffany glared at him.

 

“I’m not drunk, I just had a few shots at home and decided to visit you.”

 

Tiffany looks around just to make sure no one noticed him. “Come here you, brat.” She pulls Taeyeon inside the house. “How could you make loud noise outside at a time like this? Also, you’re Kim Taeyeon. What if someone saw you outside? It’s going to be a big issue again.”

 

“I don’t care. I just want to do this.” Taeyeon pulls Tiffany and hug her. “I want to hug you.”

 

Taeyeon hugs her like there’s no tomorrow. “I love you, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany hugs back and says, “I love you too, Tae…”

 

“But what?” Taeyeon pulls away. “We can’t be together because I’m famous and we don’t have time for each other?”

 

“That’s not it.”

 

“I love you and I need you. Why can’t we be together? Why?” Taeyeon asks.

 

Tiffany looks straight in to his eyes.

 

“TELL ME!”

 

“I can’t tell you.”

 

“Why not? Because I’m drunk? I told you I’m not.”

 

“You’re drunk and you won’t understand.”

 

“I’m old enough to understand things in life, Miss.”

 

Tiffany walks away and heads to the kitchen. She went back with a cup of coffee for Taeyeon.

 

“Drink this first.”

 

Taeyeon takes the coffee and drinks it. “Now, what?”

 

She sighed. “I broke up with you because…”

 

“Because what?”

 

“Because…”

 

Taeyeon look into her eyes and waits for an explanation.