Chapter 27

Let Me Sing For You

Second update for the day. ^^ Happy reading! I will try to update again tomorrow. :D


 

Taeyeon dumbfounded with Tiffany’s words just asked in a weak voice. “Why?”

 

“Let’s just breakup…” Tiffany said while looking outside the window.

 

“Look at me, Tiffany.” Taeyeon tries to get Tiffany’s attention. “Just look at me!”

 

“Leave, Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon grabbed her hand. “Not until you tell me why.”

 

Tiffany bit her lips when she felt drops of tears on her hands. She takes a deep breath and said in a very loud voice, “Leave, Taeyeon.”

 

“No, I won’t.” He insisted.

 

“LEAVE!” She shouted as she tries to pull her hand out of Taeyeon’s hand.

 

 “I told you I won’t! Just please tell me why.” Taeyeon begged.

 

Tiffany used all the strength that was left and managed to pull out her hand. She turned her back to Taeyeon and said,

 

“I don’t want to see you again! Now, leave!” She points at the door.

 

Taeyeon backed off when he hears that Tiffany doesn’t want to see her again. He takes a few steps back away from the bed and said, “You knew that I always loved you, Tiff.” He wipes away his tears and walked towards the door. Before he opens it, he takes last glance to Tiffany who is still facing the other side of the room. “You know that, Tiffany.”

 

He leaves the room trying to put up a smile on his face. Jessica sees him and asked, “How is she?”

 

“She’s fine. I think she needs some more rest for now.” Taeyeon said as he gives out his best smile. “I have to go now, Sica. I’m leaving Tiffany to you now, Thanks.” He walks away.

 

“Umm? Did something happen inside? Why does it seem like he just finished crying?”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Sooyoung sees him approaching the car. “So how’s Tiffany? Is she okay now?”

 

Taeyeon gives a nod.

 

“Are you sure she’s okay? Why do you look…” Even before she finishes speaking, Taeyeon breaks down in tears and hugged her.

 

She taps Taeyeon’s back and tries to comfort him. “Tell me what happened, Taeyeon. Just don’t cry out loud in here.”

 

“Tiffany…”

 

“What’s wrong? Did something happen to her? I thought she’s okay?”

 

Taeyeon pulled away, “Let’s go home.” He went straight in to the car and closed the door.

 

After a few minutes, they arrive at home and Taeyeon just left the car and went inside to get a glass of whiskey. He sits down at the counter and drinks his whiskey. Sooyoung followed inside and sat down beside him.

 

“Now tell me what happened. First, you break down in tears at the parking lot and now you’re trying to get yourself drunk.”

 

“She broke up with me.”

 

“What?!” Sooyoung stands up and shouted. “Why?”

 

“That’s the same question that I asked.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“She won’t tell me why. Now, I don’t see myself working in the next days.” He stands up and bring the whiskey bottle with him. Still not contented, he grabbed another bottle in the counter before he starts walking. “I’m tired. I don’t want to talk about it, Sooyoung. I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay but don’t get yourself drunk.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Taeyeon walked into his studio and placed the whiskey on the table. He takes a sip and pulled out his phone. His wallpaper is Tiffany’s picture and he looks at it.

 

“I thought you will always be by my side but what happened? Why break up with me?”

 

He’s so mad that he just throws his phone away and takes another sip of his whiskey.

 

“Okay, you don’t want to see me again. Fine! It’s your choice, Tiffany.”

 

Taeyeon kept on drinking and drinking until he finished the two bottles of whiskey and is really drunk. Sooyoung checks on him and sees him lying down on the couch with the bottle of whiskey on his hand.

 

“Tsk. I told you not to get drunk but what did you do?” Sooyoung placed a blanket over him then he hears Taeyeon speak.

 

“Why?! Why?!”

 

Sooyoung gets the empty bottles and walks out of the studio. She threw away the bottles and sat on the couch in the living room.

 

“Poor Taeyeon. Why can’t he just find someone who won’t leave him?”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day, Taeyeon wakes up.

 

“Ugh. My head is killing me.” He looks at the time; it’s already 10 in the morning. “Oh? It’s already 10? I thought I have some schedules? Well, maybe my manager cancelled everything.

 

He walks out of the room and sees a glass of hot drink on the table. Taeyeon drinks it and tried to relax but still he can’t forget about what happened yesterday.

 

“No matter what I do, I can’t stop thinking about what happened yesterday. I don’t think I’ll be able to forget these things not until I know the real reason.”

 

“Oh? You’re awake now?” Sooyoung asks as she enters the house with some groceries on her hands.

 

Taeyeon stands up and helped Sooyoung. “Let me help you with these.”

 

“Wow! Are you in a good mood? No hangover?”

 

“Well, I have some hangover right now but when I drink this, it lessened. What did you buy?” He peeks inside the bags.

 

“Nothing, just food to stock here at home.”

 

“Oh yeah, why didn’t you wake me up? I thought I have some schedule for today?”

 

“Ah that, don’t worry, I’ve settled everything already. I’ve cancelled your entire schedule for the whole week. I know you need some time.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “Thanks, you really are the best manager!”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

That night when Tiffany broke up with Taeyeon, Jessica goes inside to check on her. Jessica sees Tiffany wiping her tears away.

 

She rush up to Tiffany, “Are you okay? Are you in pain?”

 

Tiffany smiled at Jessica. “Yes, I am.”

 

“Oh? Where? Wait here, I’ll call the doctor.”

 

Tiffany pulled Jessica’s hand. “No need to call a doctor. He can’t cure it anyway.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It hurts here…” She points into her heart.

 

“I knew it, something’s wrong. What happened? Taeyeon left a while ago and he looks like he just finished crying.”

 

Tiffany dropped down her head and tears started falling again. “I broke up with him.”

 

“Broke up? Why? I mean, Taeyeon’s been a good guy to you. He takes care of you.”

 

“I’m really in pain now. I told him to leave but he won’t leave.”

 

“What did you do that he decided to leave?”

 

“Even if I don’t want to say it, I have to. I told him I don’t want to see him again.”

 

“Tiffany, tell me why you have to do that to Taeyeon?”

 

She looks at Jessica and says, “It’s not that I don’t love him anymore, it’s just that there’s something wrong with our relationship.”

 

“Then what’s wrong?”

 

“I don’t know. I just feel like it’s not right to be in a relationship with him. I love him, I really love him but that…”

 

Jessica holds Tiffany’s hands and said, “Stop crying, Tiffany. Yuri once told me that Taeyeon keeps what someone told him. Like what his best friend said to him that she’s return so up to now, he’s still waiting for his best friend.”

 

“That’s it. I don’t want to ruin his friendship with his best friend.”