Chapter 7

Let Me Sing For You

 

“Ya! Taeyeon! Will you please turn off the lights?” Sooyoung shouted but no one turned off the lights. “What the?!” She turned around only to see an empty bed.

 

DUG. DUG. DAGGG. “Aigoo~! That hurts!” Sooyoung standing up while trying to ease the pain on her . “Taeyeon’s not here? Where in the world is she?”

 

Sooyoung went out of the room to look for Taeyeon but did not see even a shadow of her.

 

“Ahh, excuse me. Did you see Taeyeon leave this morning?” Sooyoung asked one of the maids.

 

“Ahh. Sir Taeyeon? He did not came home last night.”

 

“WHAT?!” Shocked Sooyoung shouted. “Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout at you. Okay, okay you can go now.” She picked up her phone and tries to dial Taeyeon’s number.

 

The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try again…

 

“This is bad. This is really bad.” She then dialed another number.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

RING. RING. RING. RING. RING. RING. RING.

 

Jessica grunts. “Even receiving a phone call early in the morning? How could this happen to me?” She picked up the phone. “Hello?” She answered in a sleepy voice.

 

Oh? Is this Miss Jessica Jung?”

 

“Yes, this is she. May I know who this is?”

 

I’m Choi Sooyoung, Taeyeon’s manager. I’m sorry to disturb you early in the morning but I just want to ask if Kim Taeyeon was present at your party last night?”

 

“Taeyeon? Yes, he was there. In fact he even left and told me that he needs to go home since he has some schedules for tomorrow. Why?”

 

“The maids said Taeyeon did not come home. I’m getting worried since I can’t contact his phone. If ever he goes somewhere, he always tells it to me but this time, I did not even receive any messages or call from him.”

 

“What?! He’s not home?” Jessica walks out of the room and is searching for Tiffany. “Oh? She’s not here too.  I’ll call you back Ms. Sooyoung.”

 

Jessica dialed Tiffany’s number and yet she still can’t contact Tiffany. “What happened to Tiffany?”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany both fell asleep while waiting for someone to rescue them. Tiffany wakes up and sees that they’re still inside the elevator.

 

“Yup. We’re still here inside. No one came to rescue us. I guess they don’t really hear us.” Taeyeon said in a sad tone.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and asked him to cheer up. “Smile. Seeing you sad makes me feel worried that no one will rescue us here. Come on! Smile! Smile for me. Will you please?” Tiffany begged as she kept on showing Taeyeon killer eye smiles.

 

Then Taeyeon smiled together with Tiffany. “You got me, Fany!”

 

“Fany?” Tiffany exclaimed.”Fany? Only my dad calls me Fany.”

 

“Really? Why?”

 

“I don’t know but he said he always liked that nickname for me so he used it.” Tiffany explained.

 

Taeyeon was only staring at Tiffany for the whole time making Tiffany feel uncomfortable. “Is there something wrong with my face?”

 

Startled Taeyeon said, “Oh no. There’s nothing wrong. It’s perfect actually.” He then smiled.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Jessica and Sooyoung met each other at the office to ask if the guards saw Taeyeon or Tiffany. They then searched everywhere but failed to see the two.

 

There are 6 elevators in the building.

 

“This is weird.” Jessica said.

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica with a confused face. “What is weird?”

 

“Well, these elevators supposed to be just staying at the ground floor. Five of them are here but look at this one, it’s stuck at the 20th floor.” Jessica looked at Sooyoung then they both shouted. “NO WAY!”

 

They both rushed into the control room to check each elevator. They came inside only to see that the guard fell asleep.

 

“YA! YOU…WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING DURING WORKING HOURS?!” Jessica scolded the guard and immediately asked the guard to check on the 4th elevator that was stuck on the 20th floor.

 

The guard then shifted the view to the camera inside the 4th elevator and to their surprise. They saw Taeyeon and Tiffany inside.

 

“Do you have any communication inside?” Sooyoung asked.

 

The guard told them to use the radio.

 

Tiffany? Taeyeon? Are you guys alright?”

 

“Oh? That’s Jessica! Finally! They’re here to save us.” Tiffany rushed up and answered back to the radio. “Yes, we are fine. Please rescue us immediately.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the back which made Tiffany turn around. “Aren’t you happy? They’re now going to save us! Thank you, Lord!”

 

Taeyeon can’t say a thing at the moment because he was so amazed how this girl in front of him made him smile even with just simple actions. He can’t deny what he’s really feeling right now. He really is falling in love with Tiffany.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

After an hour, Taeyeon and Tiffany got out of the elevator safely. Jessica hugged Tiffany and put a towel around her.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? You’re not hurt?” Jessica asked worriedly.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

 

“I was so worried last night that I fell asleep waiting for you to arrive.” Jessica hugs Tiffany again.

 

Tiffany wanted to approach Taeyeon so badly but she just can’t since Sooyoung was so paranoid that she immediately pushed Taeyeon inside the ambulance. Same with Taeyeon, he wanted to formally say goodbye to his elevator buddy but just can’t so he decided to send a message to Tiffany.

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t approach you since my manager is so paranoid that he keeps on insisting that I’m hurt somewhere even if I’m not.”  Tiffany smiled when she received the message and looked at Taeyeon who was making face of his manager while showing it to Tiffany. They both smiled at each other even if they we’re apart.

 

“The elevator was full of awkwardness but I feel like I made a new friend because of that accident.”

 

“Me too. Tiffany, all the things that happened between us inside that elevator will be something for me to remember.”

 

“I also feel that way. I’ll go now, Jessica wants me to rest at home. I hope the next time we meet again, will not involve any accidents. Bye.”

 

The two just exchanged messages since they really can’t approach each other.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Tiffany arrived at home and was resting. Jessica approached her inside the room.

 

“What happened that night? Why did you get stuck with Taeyeon?”

 

“Well, I was on my way home so when the elevator opened, I saw Taeyeon. We don’t know what happened but the elevator just got stuck after a few seconds.”

 

Jessica lay down beside Tiffany and asked a few more questions. “Then what? It was a long night, what did you do inside?”

 

Shocked Tiffany just told Jessica, “Nothing. We just talked and talked and talked but Taeyeon sang a song for me which caused me to fall asleep on his shoulders.”

 

“What?! Wait! Really?”

 

“Yes, that’s what happened.”

 

“Aigoo~! You lucky girl. It’s okay, it’s not my Yuri so I’m fine with that one. Fine, now go to rest again. I’ll be at my room if you need me.” Jessica left the room then suddenly Tiffany’s phone rings.

 

She checked on it and saw a message from Taeyeon.

 

 

I bring you up in my mind like this

Even the long moments, I remember

Again today, if only I can see your back

For just a moment

 

Remember that song last night? ^^ I listened to it again and it really is beautiful. I’ll try to record it later and listen to it to know if you are telling the truth. Have some rest, okay?

 

 

Tiffany smiled and replied, “Everything that I say is true. Now if you don’t trust me, then don’t. *merong*”

 

She then looked at the ceiling and closed her eyes and sees Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Why do I see your face every time I close my eyes? Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. You’re just a friend, just a friend that I will surely remember every time I use the elevator.

 

You’re someone that felt so close to me even if we just met a few days ago.

 

Thanks for being a friend, Kim Taeyeon.”