Chapter 3

Let Me Sing For You

 

CHAPTER 3

Taeyeon turned around, greeted with a smile. “Good evening, Kim Taeyeon. I hope you won’t mind if I’m a few minutes late.”

 

“Miss Sunny, right?” Sunny nodded. “Well, no matter how late you are, it will still be a pleasure for me to meet you.” Taeyeon reaching out for Sunny’s hand.

 

“Oooh! You are such a very traditional kind of guy.” Taeyeon smiled at her and pulled a chair for her. “Thank you, Mr. Kim.”

 

“Oh! Mr. Kim is too formal. It sounds like I’m a president of a big company. Just call me, Taeyeon.”

 

“Very well, then. Shall we eat?”

 

Taeyeon nodded and food started arriving in front of them one by one. As they eat, different stories came out. “Time surely flies by so fast when you are enjoying what you are doing.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Of course, especially when you’re with me.” Sunny answered with a funny tone and they both laughed. “So, ahh…I hope you had fun tonight?”

 

“Why, yes of course! But I have something to ask.”

 

“Sure, go on.” Sunny answered as she wipes with the table napkin.

 

“Hmm…my manager told me earlier that I’m going to meet Lee Sunkyu. Instead of using Sunny, why did you use your real name when you asked about this dinner?”

 

Sunny clearing . “Ahh, that. I used my real name because I want to surprise you. Now that you know my real name, could you please keep it a secret? I never revealed my name to everyone.”

 

“Of course! I can keep it a secret.”

 

Sunny stands up as well as Taeyeon and they headed outside the door. “I guess this is goodbye.” Sunny said.

 

Taeyeon nods, “It’s goodbye but there would be many next times for us to have this kind of dinner again.”

 

Sunny chuckled. “You got a point there, Taeyeon. Well, I had fun tonight and thank you for coming.”

 

Taeyeon opens the door to Sunny’s car. “It’s a pleasure. Thank you and good night, Sunny.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

RING. RING.

 

“Hello?”

 

“How was the date? Who’s the girl?”

 

“Easy. Easy. Well, I’m sure it wasn’t a date. It was more like a friendly dinner. The girl? It’s Miss Sunny. The famous actress in town.”

 

“WHAT?! SUNNY? Oh my?! If only I knew she was the one, I could have come with you!”

 

HAHAHA. Sooyoung, there are still next time. You don’t have to worry about that one. Plus, I got her number. I could just call her and ask her to meet with me and I’ll bring you along.”

 

“Really?! Really?!” Sooyoung shouting like a little kid.

 

“Yeah. See you later, Sooyoung.” Taeyeon hung up and looked outside the window.

 

“I really had fun tonight but still something’s missing. Sunny’s someone I really admire because of her talent and looks but she’s not the same with person I’ve been waiting to come. Where are you, Miyoung? Where are you?”  Taeyeon said in his mind.

 

Taeyeon being the sad person every time he’s alone. Only Yuri, Sooyoung and his fans are the ones who gives him strengthto continue singing because he knows and believe that one day, his childhood best friend, Miyoung will come back and will never ever leave again.

 

 

“Taeyeon, do you think after 10 years, we will still be together?” Miyoung asked.

 

Taeyeon looked at the girl and held her hand, “I can’t predict my future. You can’t predict your future. No one can predict our future. It’s us who are going to create our future and as of now, I’m sure there will be a time when we can’t be together every day. I just can feel that even if we’re far away from each other, there will always be a special part in our hearts and mind to help us remember our friendship.”

 

“I agree.” Miyoung nods and rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Far or near from each other, I promise I won’t forget you, Tae. Will you do the same?”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Yes, I will…”

 

 

On the way home, Taeyeon noticed a bunch of guys bullying a girl on the sidewalk. “STOP THE CAR!!!” He went out the car and headed over the commotion.

 

“Ya! Ya! Ya!” Pulling the girl away from the guys to his back. “Who do you think you are pushing a girl around?!”

 

“He.He.He. Who are you? Her prince charming?” Everyone laughed and the guy pulled his face in front of Taeyeon’s and said. “If you don’t want to get hurt, go back to your car and leave.”

 

“NO, I WON’T!” Taeyeon shouted.

 

“Ahh. So you don’t want to leave.” The guy said and is getting pissed so he just punched Taeyeon straight to the face.

 

Dumbfounded, Taeyeon got punched on his face and fell on the floor causing the girl to check on him. “Are you okay?” Taeyeon nodded. The girl got mad and stood up and tried rushing over to the guy but Taeyeon pulled her hand and said, “Its okay. I can manage. Just stay here and I’ll do the rest.”

 

“But…”

 

“No more buts.” Taeyeon whispered to the girl, “If I say run to the car, run as fast as you can, you got it?”

 

“Yes, I got it.”

 

Taeyeon walked over the man. “Is that the best you can do? Come on! Give all you’ve got.”

 

The guy laughed because of Taeyeon’s courage to stand up and face him again. “I bet your mom never taught you right manners, huh?”

 

“Don’t you ever say something about my mom! You don’t even know her.”

 

“Ohh-ohh. Pretty boy got mad.” Then the guy punched Taeyeon on the face again which caused him to fall on the floor the second time. The mad guy pulled Taeyeon up and is getting ready to punch Taeyeon again but…

 

“STOP RIGHT THERE!” A policeman shouted.

 

“Oh no! Boss, the cops are here. We better run now. Then the 3 guys ran away like the wind.

 

“Sir, are you okay? What happened? Why did those guys hurt you?”

 

“It’s okay. I’m fine. I was passing by when I noticed that they we’re pushing that girl here so I went down the car and tried to help her.”

 

The policeman tried assisting Taeyeon to stand up. “That was a very good thing to do, sir but it would be better if you called the police than trying to fight with those dumb guys. Are you sure you’re okay, sir?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Taeyeon nodded. “You can now go, officer. I’ll take care of the girl.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

Taeyeon sends the girl to her house.

 

“Thank you for what you did earlier, Mister…?”

 

“Ah..Just call me Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. That’s nothing. I don’t want girls being pushed around by guys especially a girl like you with a very beautiful face.”

 

“Does this hurt?” The girl asked as she put on some medicine on Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Yeah, but not that much.”

 

“Okay. We’re done here. I’m really sorry for the trouble that I got you today, Taeyeon. I promise I’ll return this favor for you someday.”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “It’s okay if you don’t return the favor for me but can I ask what your name is?”

 

“Ahh. Name. I’m Stephanie Hwang but you can call me Tiffany. I’m 22 and I just came back from California. Why did you ask?”

 

“Oh? Nothing, I just want to know your name. I thought you were someone that I knew but nevermind. I guess, I have to go.”

 

“Hey! Tiffany, who are you talking to?” A girl went out of the room.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at the girl. “Oh! I’m sorry, Taeyeon. I think you should go now.” They both went outside and Tiffany sent Taeyeon to his car. “Thank you so much, Taeyeon and I’m really sorry.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and touched the head of Tiffany, “Ya! I told you it’s nothing. I’m fine it’s just a few bruises. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Don’t you dare walk again alone at this time, okay? Bye!”

 

“Bye!” Then the car left and Tiffany returned inside only to see her friend still standing in front of their door and still in the same position earlier.

 

“YA! Jessica?! Sica?! Are you okay?! JESSICA!” Tiffany shouted in Jessica’s ears. “What happened to you?”

 

“Did…Did…Did I just saw Taeyeon standing at our house or I was just dreaming?? Please tell me I’m dreaming.”

 

“Ahh, Taeyeon. Oh no! You are not dreaming, he was standing there earlier but wait, you know him?”

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and slaps her head. “Aw! What is that for?!” Tiffany shouted.

 

“Are you stupid? Taeyeon! He’s the most famous singer in town. Didn’t he introduce himself to you?”

 

“No, he just said his name and never told me that he’s an artist. I’m tired; I’ll go to sleep now.”

 

“But…” BANG. The door closes in front of Jessica’s face.