Chapter 4

Let Me Sing For You

CHAPTER 4

 

Tiffany lying on the bed with both of her hands beneath her head. “Hmm…Kim Taeyeon…The name seems familiar but I’m sure that this is the first time that I heard his name. That’s really weird…”

 

Taeyeon is on his way home.

 

“Sir, are you sure you’re okay? You don’t want me to drive you to the hospital?”

 

“I’m fine don’t worry about me.”

 

“It’s just that, Miss Sooyoung will get mad if she finds out about this one.”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Ahh, Sooyoung? Don’t worry about her, she will know about this one and I’m sure if pictures come out tomorrow, she’ll be stressed. It’s all going to be fine.”

 

Again, Taeyeon looked out the window and said in his mind, “Tiffany Hwang? Are you related to Miyoung Hwang? Plus, your eyes, I think I have seen those eyes before. Those beautiful eye smiles…”

 

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“YA! TIFFANY! WAKE UP! IT’S ALREADY 7:30 YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK!” BANG. BANG. BANG.

 

Tiffany half awake, “Okay. Okay. I’ll be out.” She sits up on her bed and looked at the clock. “Well, it really is 7:30 but I don’t feel like going to work early today.” She walked out the door and Jessica is eating her breakfast.

 

“Ya! Hurry up! I thought you don’t want to be late for work today?”

 

“Yeah, yeah. I said that but I’m still sleepy.”

 

“Whatever. Just go sit here and take your breakfast. Even if we’re the boss of our company, it doesn’t mean that we’re going to arrive late every day. Please keep that in mind.”

 

Sigh. “Such a kill joy.”

 

While they were eating, their television is on.

 

“And now for our celebrity news, for everyone watching please look closely on the video. This video was uploaded on the internet by unknown fans that saw the incident. In the video, it can be clearly seen that guy in tux who was said to be the famous singer, Kim Taeyeon got beaten by a man as he tries to protect the girl. Taegangers expressed their reactions upon watching this video. Some said that it’s not him and some people said that it’s him but the real question is who is the girl he’s trying to protect? Could it be his girlfriend?”

 

“Oh no! This is bad.” Tiffany said under her breath.

 

“Oh my God, Tiffany! Are you the girl Taeyeon oppa tried to save?” Tiffany nods. “Aigoo~! How lucky!”

 

Tiffany showed a confused face, “What’s fun with that one? I don’t even know that the person in front of me getting hurt is someone famous. I’m sure fans will kill me once they know that the girl was me. So, Jessica you better shut your mouth. I don’t want to die young.”

 

Hahahaha. You’re such a cute girl, Tiffany. It’s all thanks to you, I’m sure Taeyeon will come back here and tell you everything’s fine.”

 

“How could you be so sure?” Asking in a cute tone.

 

“That’s because when I saw him looking at you, it seems like he knows and feels so comfortable around you.”

 

“How could you even say that? We just met that day.”

 

“Ya! I’m a Taeganger. I know Taeyeon very well. He doesn’t like expressing himself and always shy in front of fans and even people who are new to him.”

 

“Ahh, is that so? Hmm….”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“KIM TAEYEON!!! YOU GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!” A furious Sooyoung approached Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon turned around and smiled at Sooyoung. “Hi manager!”

 

“What the?! What happened to you?!” Cupping Taeyeon’s face and moving from left to right.

 

He then removed Sooyoung’s hand. “Will you please stop? I’m fine though I have some minor injuries and it doesn’t matter.”

 

“It doesn’t matter?! Look at your face, you have cuts and bruises. Also who’s the girl on the video?”

 

“What video?” Confused Taeyeon asked.

 

“Oh come on! You’re not even aware that there are fans that saw the incident? The video is all over the internet. Everyone’s curious why you did protect the girl and who she is?”

 

“I don’t know her. I just saw her pushed around by those stupid guys and I tried to stop them but this happened. Thankfully, a police came and if not, maybe I’m at the hospital right now.”

 

“Aigoo~! Why did you even save a girl who you don’t even know?  Now, I don’t know what to do with all those reporters calling me.” Sooyoung sat down and did a fake cry.

 

“Hahaha. You’re so funny. I’m sure Shinyoung unnie will call me tonight and ask me on air. Tell them that’s where I will release my official statement.”

 

Later that night…

 

RING. RING. RING.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Taeyeon! Say hi to our listeners!”

 

“Oh! Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Korea’s prince, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“Ahh. Very nice to hear that fresh greeting of you. Hmm…we got worried with the video that circulated on the internet just this morning which shocked everyone especially your fans. We just want to know what really happened that night.”

 

“Well yeah, I was on my home from dinner then I noticed 3 guys bullying the girl around so I told my driver to stop the car and bravely went out the car to help the girl but those guys are drunk. They told me to leave but I told them that I won’t since what they’re doing was wrong. Suddenly the guy just punched me straight to my face and I fell down. Then I stood up and showed to that guy that I’m not afraid so he grabbed the collar of my suit and is getting ready to punch me again when a policeman arrived and that’s it.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“Wait, you did not even sue those guys for any damages they’ve done to you?”

 

“Oh no! Just let them realize what they just did.”

 

“Wow! You really are kind hearted but wait; we are receiving a lot of questions, similar questions.”

 

“Oh? Go ahead, unnie.”

 

“Listener #3989 asked, does this mean that you don’t know the girl and you don’t have any sort of relationship with her?”

 

“Ahh, yes. That’s definitely correct. It just so happened that I was the one passing by and I don’t want that girl to get hurt.”

 

“Sweet Taeyeon. HAHAHA. Anyways, people who saw the incident said you asked the girl to ride your car, why?”

 

“Ahh. That one? Since I’m afraid that those guys might be waiting for her again, I asked her if I could just send her home which she agreed.”

 

“Gentleman Taeyeon, that’s really kind of you. Hmm…Right now, fans are curious about your condition. How are you feeling now?”

 

“I’m fine. Just a few minor cuts and bruises but I’m fine and I’m sure it will go away in no time.”

 

“Good. So Taeyeon, what are your last words for everyone who is listening right now?”

 

“Everyone, please don’t worry about me. I’m fine and it’s nothing. Also, please don’t think of the girl as my girlfriend. Please stop hating her. To my fans, especially to the girls, please don’t go out of the house at that late night since you don’t know what might happen to you. Thank you to everyone who expressed their concern about me. That’s all.”

 

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon…” Tiffany said.

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“TAEYEON! BYUNTAEYEON! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

 

Taeyeon slapped Yuri’s head. “Hey stupid. Why do you have to shout byuntae when I’m not really the byuntae?”

 

Yuri grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and shake him while asking, “What happened? Why did you fight with those guys when you know you can’t even punch someone, not even me?”

 

“YU…YU…YU…RI….YURI!! Stop shaking me!!”

 

“Ohh, I’m sorry…so what now?”

 

“I just want to help the girl…”

 

“Oh come one, you just don’t want to help the girl but you want to bring home the girl. If I’m a byuntae then you are the most byuntae in the world!”

 

SLAP.“You’re the byuntae, Kwon Yuri! No one can ever beat you as a byuntae not even those guys who appears on that stupid erted shows.”

 

“What?! I don’t even watch those. I mean, I don’t really watch those, just once because of a friend. I don’t really like those shows; it’s too ugly to watch! Hey but wait, are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m still here, you know. Have you gone blind?” Taeyeon joked around.

 

“Eiihh…I’m serious and now you’re joking and joking and joking. Wait, wait, wait…it was also said that you sent the girl home? What happened after? Did she give you a kiss?”

 

“Oh God! YURI! Why are you so byuntae?! Of course, no. She cured some of my wounds but I have leave since a girl came out of the room. Someone I think I already saw somewhere.”

 

“Two girls?! I should have been there. I should have seen the faces of those girls. I hope they’re both beautiful.”

 

“Well, actually they’re both beautiful especially the person I saved. Her eyes…I think I’ve seen her eyes before. It’s very familiar…”

 

“Ayiee! Taeyeon’s in love…”