Chapter 22

Let Me Sing For You

 

“Well I guess this is it. The end of our week long journey.” Taeyeon said while playing with Tiffany’s hands.

 

“Aigoo~! Why are you getting all emotional? We could just meet if we want. Also, I will just be here at home or at the office.” Tiffany answered.

 

“I know but I’ll release my answer to the issues about us tomorrow and I’m sure the media knows about you already. I’m just worried that they’ll follow you everywhere you go.”

 

Tiffany held both hands of Taeyeon and looked into his eyes. “We’re in this together. I don’t care if they’ll follow me everywhere I go as long as we’re together, I’ll be fine. I promise, Tae.”

 

Taeyeon kissed Tiffany on the lips before they both went out of the car. He then pulled out all the bags of Tiffany and asked the house maids to bring it inside.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay walking inside the house?” Taeyeon asked in a joking tone.

 

Tiffany smiled, “Of course. I’m old enough, Tae. Also, I may be clumsy at times but I don’t think that will happen today. Now, off you go. It’s getting dark. You better get some rest since you do have some schedule tomorrow.”

 

“I’m still here in front of you but I miss you already.” Taeyeon sighed. “Okay, I’ll get going now. Bye, Tiffany. I love you! See you tomorrow!”

 

“Bye! Drive carefully, okay?”

 

Taeyeon then showed an okay hand sign as a reply then he leaves with his car. Tiffany then walked inside the gate and while walking, she noticed an unfamiliar car parked inside.

 

“Hmm…Did Jessica buy a new car? I wonder who owns that car.”

 

She enters the main door and was greeted by a maid.

 

“Hi! Good evening! Hmm…” She points at the car outside. “Did Jessica buy that car while I’m away?”

 

The maid shakes her head and said, “No, Miss Tiffany. Miss Jessica did not buy any car while you’re away. It’s a guest’s car.”

 

“Guest?”

 

“Yes, Miss. She’s waiting at the living room.”

 

“Oh, okay. Thank you.”

 

Tiffany then walked to the living room and was surprised to see a girl sitting at the couch.

 

The girl turned her head around and saw Tiffany, “Oh! Hi there, Tiffany.”

 

“Sunny-ssi?” Tiffany asked and approached Sunny to give a friendly hug. “It’s nice to meet you again but why visit our home so suddenly.

 

“Well, it’s nice to see you again too and I’m sorry to come to your home without even telling you first.”

 

“It’s okay but it’s just very sudden. Ahm…would you like something to drink? Coffee? Juice? Soda?” Tiffany asked.

 

Sunny thought about it for a few seconds and said, “I would like a glass of juice, thank you!”

 

“Hmm…If you don’t mind, is something wrong? I mean, don’t misunderstand but it’s very odd of you to visit here especially when we only have known each other for a few hours.”

 

Sunny softly laughed. “I know, it’s very odd of me to visit and yes, we have been together for a few hours but there’s something I want to say to you.”

 

“Sure, what is it?” Tiffany agreed and gave her a soft smile.

 

“Hmm…a few days ago, I met with Taeyeon’s father and Mr. Kim asked me if I know you. So I told him yes, I have met you once and he asked me a favor.”

 

“What does Taeyeon’s father want?” Tiffany asked out of confusion and is a little bit nervous.

 

Sunny looked at Tiffany and said, “He wants to meet with you and talk with you.”

 

“Really? When? I want to meet him so badly but why are you the one saying this? Shouldn’t it be Taeyeon?”

 

Sunny stands up and said, “I know but Taeyeon is not in good terms with his father.” She looked at her watch. “I’m sorry but I have to go now. Mr. Kim will meet with you tomorrow at 3PM and at this place.” Sunny hands over a piece of paper.

 

Tiffany looked at the paper and asked, “Can I bring along Taeyeon with me?”

 

“That’s the biggest mistake you’ll ever regret in your life. I told you Taeyeon is not in good terms with his father and so I’m counting on you that Taeyeon won’t know anything about this meeting.”

 

Tiffany gives a slow nod to Sunny and said her goodbyes as Sunny went inside her car. Tiffany then glanced at the piece of paper and then back to the leaving car.

 

“I’m afraid that Taeyeon will get mad if he will ever know about this one.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day, Tiffany arrived 15 minutes before 3 and so she waited at the place. She looked around and there are not much people in there when suddenly, two black luxury cars arrived.

 

The bodyguard opened the door and a well-dressed man walked out of the car. Tiffany stood up and straightened her clothes and waited for the man to walk inside.

 

Tiffany whispered, “This is it, Tiff. Don’t get too nervous. I’m sure he’s not scary.”

 

The doors opened and Tiffany tightened her grip while holding her purse and took a lot of deep breaths. The man approached Tiffany and asked, “Are you Miss Tiffany Hwang?”

 

“Yes, sir. I am Miss Tiffany Hwang. Are you Taeyeon’s father?”

 

Mr. Kim smiled and anwered, “Yes, I am. Please take a seat. I’m sorry I arrived a little later than you. I have signed some important documents before I left the office.”

 

Tiffany smiled, “It’s okay. Hmm…Sir, would you mind if I call you Mr. Kim?”

 

“Oh no! Not at all. It’s okay. Just call me Mr. Kim then I’ll call you Tiffany.” The both smile at each other.

 

Mr. Kim takes a sip of his coffee and said, “Tiffany, are you nervous? You look kind of pale.”

 

“Honestly, a little bit. I mean, I feel nervous that you want to meet me even without letting Taeyeon know about this one.”

 

Mr. Kim smiled a bit and said, “I’m not really in good terms with my son and I’m sure if he knows about this one, he’ll come to the house and ask me why.” He sighed. “That man never visited me for so long.”

 

Tiffany who was speechless just listened to everything that Mr. Kim said to her.

 

“Now, the reason why I asked for you is because you’re all over the news. Is it true that you and Taeyeon are together already?”

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim. We’re together now. It’s been almost a few months already.” Tiffany answered confidently.

 

He nodded. “Okay. I’ll get it straight to the point.” He took off his eyeglasses and looked at Tiffany. “I know Taeyeon does all of his decisions on his own and I have nothing to do with it but this is disturbing me so much.”

 

Tiffany’s eyebrows got closer together and was very confused with Mr. Kim’s words. “I’m sorry, Mr. Kim but I do not understand what you want to say.” She slowly takes a sip of her coffee.

 

Mr. Kim showed Tiffany a disappointed face and said, “I like you and I support your relationship with my son.”

 

“Eh?”

 

Mr. Kim laughed and said, “You thought I don’t like it and will get mad, right? That’s just a face joke. I like you and would be happy if you’ll get married with my son.”

 

“Really, sir? If that’s the case then I’m really thankful! But this is a good news now why will Taeyeon get mad knowing about this.”

 

“Just like what I said, he doesn’t like me getting in to his life. I know I said to him that I won’t consider him as my son once he leaves our house but even if you turn the world upside down, he’s still my one and only son and family.”

 

“You are right, Mr. Kim.”

 

“Well…I got to get going now, Miss Tiffany. It was a nice short conversation with you. I hope Taeyeon won’t know anything about this, okay? Have a nice day.”

 

“Have a nice day too, Mr. Kim!”

 

*------------------*

 

 

On her way back home, Tiffany can’t stop smiling whenever she remembers what Mr. Kim told her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

“I’m so happy that Mr. Kim is very supportive with our relationship. If only Taeyeon will hear his words, I’m sure he’ll consider his father back again. I’m so happy and I’m just so happy, I don’t know what to say now.”

 

*End of POV

 

After a few minutes, she arrived back at the office. She went up to her room and saw Taeyeon waiting.

 

“Oh? You here?” She rushed towards Taeyeon and gave him a hug and a kiss.

 

“Wow! I never expect that kind of kiss and hug from you. Why did that suddenly?”

 

“Nothing. I’m just happy to see you again. I missed you already. Now, why are you here?”

 

“Well…except for the fact that I miss you already…” Taeyeon showed a very serious face. “I have something to tell you…”

 

“What is it, Tae? Is something bad? Your face, why are you so serious?”

 

“Is it bad to be serious?” He laughed and said, “Nothing. I just want to visit you and give you this.”

 

He pulled out a small box from his pocket and….

 

“I know this is very sudden but…” He then opened the box and showed it to Tiffany.

 

“It’s another Christmas gift to you.” He pulled out the ring from the box and placed on Tiffany’s ring finger.

 

“This is so beautiful, Tae! Thank you!” She sweetly smiled.

 

“I love you, Tiff.”

 

“I love you more.” She then pulled Taeyeon for a kiss.